Quartzsite Gathering - Quartzsite, AZ - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #61

Trailer: 1985 16 ft Casita
Quote:
Dome Rock is not a State Park it belongs to BLM.
My bad?
Douglas Knudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #62

Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 Series (25C9.6E 'Yeti')
Send a message via Yahoo to Pat And Arleen
We will be going up to do some more Mule riding, Oreo wants to put more miles on this trip. Last week she rode about 56 miles. We have some freinds coming with fiberglass toyhaulers that will make us all look smaller than we are.

Quote:
We will be the giant in the group! *roar*
Pat And Arleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:55 PM   #63

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Hi, I,m Joe also known as "Grampa Joe too". I,ve been on this site for a long time, but know one would know because my computer skills are terrible so I don't post. Anyway, it's cold here in N.D. so Nancy and I thought it would be nice to show up in Quartzite and meet a bunch of you.
I've been reading a book about wine, and it says wine is made from grapes. Does that mean my plum or chokecherry brew couldn't be in a tasting?
Sure hope this gets to the right place. If not the person who keeps sorting them out might help me out. I Hope.

Thanks
Joe
Joe A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #64

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I've been reading a book about wine, and it says wine is made from grapes. Does that mean my plum or chokecherry brew couldn't be in a tasting?

I would think it would be welcome!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #65

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Joe, of course your "wine" would be welcome! Bring it, I'm sure people would love to taste it.

I will be posting the wine tasting info for "Rosemary the Wine-ista" in the next couple of days. So everyone start looking for the bottle of wine for the tasting!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:44 PM   #66

Quote:
Joe, of course your "wine" would be welcome! Bring it, I'm sure people would love to taste it.

I will be posting the wine tasting info for "Rosemary the Wine-ista" in the next couple of days. So everyone start looking for the bottle of wine for the tasting!

I agree with Lizbeth, bring your bottle and participate! Doug and Michelle
Old 01-30-2010, 11:35 PM   #67

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2002

Hello All, Mike & Michelle, Doug and Betty,

Sue Andrecht here. I was the one who collected all the names and emails,
and had them copies for everyone to see who was present. Hope I can
do it again this year. I hear there is a huge street/garage sale in Lake
havasu 2/6 and 2/7. Betty, do you have any suggestionsand also where is the Salvation Army Trift Store located in Lake Havasu. Is there a good will Store ? I admired
you cactus wall hanging last year, soooooo I had to make a couple for
my trailer too. You have to come and see it.

See you soon,

Sue Andrecht
Susanna A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #68

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
Will there also be a potluck?

Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:30 PM   #69

Registry
I am posting the wine tasting event information for Rosemary the Wine-ista I am her official assistant. The competition will take place Saturday afternoon, exact time to be determined. It would be nice if each trailer also brought along an appetizer/snack to share. Rosemary, will be in the 1972 Red and White Cardinal Vintage trailer (she’s our S.O.B. mascot).

Wine Tasting Competition Information
Each trailer must contribute a bottle of wine in order to participate!

Sign In or bringing the wine to Rosemary….
1. Fill out a sticky label with your name, space number, the price of the wine,
and where others can buy it.
2. Stick the label somewhere in the middle of the wine bottle not covering the label. Use tape if necessary.

Wine Contest Instructions
1. Bring a pen or pencil, wineglass and your wristbands.
No one will be served without a wristband!
2. Our lovely Wine-istas will pour.
3. Choose your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd favorites from both the red and white wine category. Keep notes as you taste each wine! Also note your least favorite!
4. After you've selected the three you like best in each category, vote with the tickets for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the red and white category. Pick one for the Booby Prize (your least favorite wine). When the tasting is over drop voting tickets into the wine bag of your choice.
5. That's it! You're done. The judges will tally the votes and award prizes later. After the prizes are awarded you'll be able to see the name, price, and where to buy each wine.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:19 AM   #70

Lizbeth, Thanks for posting the instructions for the "wine tasting"! We had fun with it at Lake Casitas and are looking forward to this event at Quartzsite. See you and Rosemary in less than two weeks! Doug and Michelle
Old 02-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #71

Trailer: 2010 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Registry
"No one will be served without a wristband!"

Wristband? What wristband? Did I miss a post about wristbands?

I have a bottle of wine, a pencil, a wineglass, a sticky label - BUT NO WRISTBAND! Am I doomed? How do I get a wristband? Aaaaaiiiieee!
WtMtJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #72

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Alan
We don't plan a potluck, never have. However you will find that a lot of people will make extra of somethings to share. Example, if the weather is good, Betty and I will be doing some dutch oven cooking. Green chili and pork, rolls, may make some pecan rolls on saturday morning. It's not enought to feed everyone but if someone wanders by with a bowl, they will be welcome to try some. Others have make some really good stuff to share, but it's not a real potluck.
Something that was started a couple of years ago is "the soup thing". Everyone donates a can of soup (not condensed or cream base), and they get dumped into a big pot for everyone to share, We do this on saterday afternoon.
George and Betty
George Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #73

Registry
Quote:
[b]"No one will be served without a wristband!"

Wristband? What wristband? Did I miss a post about wristbands?

I have a bottle of wine, a pencil, a wineglass, a sticky label - BUT NO WRISTBAND! Am I doomed? How do I get a wristband? Aaaaaiiiieee!
Don't worry, be happy!

We will provide the wrist bands and sticky labels when you turn the wine in to Rosemary.

Wines not fitting into the red or white category will be placed in one of those categories at the Wine-ista's discretion. So all wine is welcome not just red or white. We are using the two categories to make it not so complicated for the tasters.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #74

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
I checked the 10 day weather forecast for Quartzsite yesterday and it called for rain on 2-10. Checked it again this morning and it's supposed to clear up on Thursday with some decent temperatures. Looking good so far.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #75

Trailer: Scamp
Do any of the waste haulers and water providers visit Dome Rock area while the group is there ? Think 2 -3 days is our limit on storage.

Ray
ray L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #76

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Quote:
Do any of the waste haulers and water providers visit Dome Rock area while the group is there ? Think 2 -3 days is our limit on storage.

Ray
I asked the same question earlier and the response received was no, the waste and water haulers don't make it out to the Dome Rock area. However, there are places in town to dump and fill up with fresh water.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #77

Trailer: Scamp
Tks Duncan - anyone have a handle on how many units to expect? Will most arrive on Thursday or Friday ?

Bringing some wine and wood. This sounds like a lot of fun. Looking forward to it.

ray & terrie
Quote:
I asked the same question earlier and the response received was no, the waste and water haulers don't make it out to the Dome Rock area. However, there are places in town to dump and fill up with fresh water.
ray L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #78

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
Exclamation

Hi Everyone,
I saw all the posting about Quartzsite and the wine tasting and thought I better introduce myself to those who wont know their "Wine-ista". I met Doug at the last Lake Casitas rally when we had the wine tasting there. He asked if I would be interested in doing it at Quartzsite so I of course said yes as I dont have to be asked twice to do wine tasting and or camping. Had heard alot about Quartzsite from Liz and had wanted to go. The wine tasting is a fun way to meet others and sample some wines you may not have had before. I am really looking forward to seeing ya all. As it has already been posted my husband Steve and I haul a red, white & silver Cardinal. We will be arriving on Thursday about noon and leaving on Tuesday. We will have a table set up for registration and I think that we will get started on Saturday [at]2:00 p.m. and should be done about 4:00. Dont forget your pen/pencil,wine glass,chair,instructions and also something to write on such as a magazine.
Can't wait to meet to all.
Rosemary
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #79

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
I saw all the posting about Quartzsite and the wine tasting and thought I better introduce myself to those who wont know their "Wine-ista". I met Doug at the last Lake Casitas rally when we had the wine tasting there. He asked if I would be interested in doing it at Quartzsite so I of course said yes as I dont have to be asked twice to do wine tasting and or camping. Had heard alot about Quartzsite from Liz and had wanted to go. The wine tasting is a fun way to meet others and sample some wines you may not have had before. I am really looking forward to seeing ya all. As it has already been posted my husband Steve and I haul a red, white & silver Cardinal. We will be arriving on Thursday about noon and leaving on Tuesday. We will have a table set up for registration and I think that we will get started on Saturday [at]2:00 p.m. and should be done about 4:00. Dont forget your pen/pencil,wine glass,chair,instructions and also something to write on such as a magazine.
Can't wait to meet to all.
Rosemary
Looking forward to seeing you again on Thursday! We will be in the white Casita!
Doug and Michelle
Old 02-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #80

Trailer: Casita
Camped 17 times in 09 with a three night minimum but my coach ain't moved since the end of September. I pulled it out and will have to wash it twice and polish to be ready for a military style inspection at Dome Rock. I enjoyed the time at the spiff-n-fix rally just for "tours" to see everybody rigs. You get great ideas and see different ways of doing things. This also means rubbin' on the 4Runner to keep her turnin' heads.
shane n is offline   Reply With Quote