Quartzsite Gathering - Quartzsite, AZ - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #71

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2010 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Registry
"No one will be served without a wristband!"

Wristband? What wristband? Did I miss a post about wristbands?

I have a bottle of wine, a pencil, a wineglass, a sticky label - BUT NO WRISTBAND! Am I doomed? How do I get a wristband? Aaaaaiiiieee!

Old 02-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #72

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Alan
We don't plan a potluck, never have. However you will find that a lot of people will make extra of somethings to share. Example, if the weather is good, Betty and I will be doing some dutch oven cooking. Green chili and pork, rolls, may make some pecan rolls on saturday morning. It's not enought to feed everyone but if someone wanders by with a bowl, they will be welcome to try some. Others have make some really good stuff to share, but it's not a real potluck.
Something that was started a couple of years ago is "the soup thing". Everyone donates a can of soup (not condensed or cream base), and they get dumped into a big pot for everyone to share, We do this on saterday afternoon.
George and Betty

Old 02-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #73

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Quote:
[b]"No one will be served without a wristband!"

Wristband? What wristband? Did I miss a post about wristbands?

I have a bottle of wine, a pencil, a wineglass, a sticky label - BUT NO WRISTBAND! Am I doomed? How do I get a wristband? Aaaaaiiiieee!
Don't worry, be happy!

We will provide the wrist bands and sticky labels when you turn the wine in to Rosemary.

Wines not fitting into the red or white category will be placed in one of those categories at the Wine-ista's discretion. So all wine is welcome not just red or white. We are using the two categories to make it not so complicated for the tasters.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #74

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
I checked the 10 day weather forecast for Quartzsite yesterday and it called for rain on 2-10. Checked it again this morning and it's supposed to clear up on Thursday with some decent temperatures. Looking good so far.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #75

Trailer: Scamp
Do any of the waste haulers and water providers visit Dome Rock area while the group is there ? Think 2 -3 days is our limit on storage.

Ray
Old 02-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #76

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Quote:
Do any of the waste haulers and water providers visit Dome Rock area while the group is there ? Think 2 -3 days is our limit on storage.

Ray
I asked the same question earlier and the response received was no, the waste and water haulers don't make it out to the Dome Rock area. However, there are places in town to dump and fill up with fresh water.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #77

Trailer: Scamp
Tks Duncan - anyone have a handle on how many units to expect? Will most arrive on Thursday or Friday ?

Bringing some wine and wood. This sounds like a lot of fun. Looking forward to it.

ray & terrie
Quote:
I asked the same question earlier and the response received was no, the waste and water haulers don't make it out to the Dome Rock area. However, there are places in town to dump and fill up with fresh water.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #78

Name: Rosemary
Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
California
Exclamation

Hi Everyone,
I saw all the posting about Quartzsite and the wine tasting and thought I better introduce myself to those who wont know their "Wine-ista". I met Doug at the last Lake Casitas rally when we had the wine tasting there. He asked if I would be interested in doing it at Quartzsite so I of course said yes as I dont have to be asked twice to do wine tasting and or camping. Had heard alot about Quartzsite from Liz and had wanted to go. The wine tasting is a fun way to meet others and sample some wines you may not have had before. I am really looking forward to seeing ya all. As it has already been posted my husband Steve and I haul a red, white & silver Cardinal. We will be arriving on Thursday about noon and leaving on Tuesday. We will have a table set up for registration and I think that we will get started on Saturday [at]2:00 p.m. and should be done about 4:00. Dont forget your pen/pencil,wine glass,chair,instructions and also something to write on such as a magazine.
Can't wait to meet to all.
Rosemary
Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #79

Trailer: 2004 17' Casita
Quote:
Hi Everyone,
I saw all the posting about Quartzsite and the wine tasting and thought I better introduce myself to those who wont know their "Wine-ista". I met Doug at the last Lake Casitas rally when we had the wine tasting there. He asked if I would be interested in doing it at Quartzsite so I of course said yes as I dont have to be asked twice to do wine tasting and or camping. Had heard alot about Quartzsite from Liz and had wanted to go. The wine tasting is a fun way to meet others and sample some wines you may not have had before. I am really looking forward to seeing ya all. As it has already been posted my husband Steve and I haul a red, white & silver Cardinal. We will be arriving on Thursday about noon and leaving on Tuesday. We will have a table set up for registration and I think that we will get started on Saturday [at]2:00 p.m. and should be done about 4:00. Dont forget your pen/pencil,wine glass,chair,instructions and also something to write on such as a magazine.
Can't wait to meet to all.
Rosemary
Looking forward to seeing you again on Thursday! We will be in the white Casita!
Doug and Michelle
Old 02-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #80

Trailer: Casita
Camped 17 times in 09 with a three night minimum but my coach ain't moved since the end of September. I pulled it out and will have to wash it twice and polish to be ready for a military style inspection at Dome Rock. I enjoyed the time at the spiff-n-fix rally just for "tours" to see everybody rigs. You get great ideas and see different ways of doing things. This also means rubbin' on the 4Runner to keep her turnin' heads.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #81

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
Quote:
Tks Duncan - anyone have a handle on how many units to expect? Will most arrive on Thursday or Friday ?

Bringing some wine and wood. This sounds like a lot of fun. Looking forward to it.

ray & terrie
Two years ago we had about 24 eggs and last year about 34 or so. From the looks of it I would guess around 50 unless some fall out between now and next weekend. Most get in by Friday night but keep coming in on Saturday as well.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #82

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
Quote:
Two years ago we had about 24 eggs and last year about 34 or so. From the looks of it I would guess around 50 unless some fall out between now and next weekend. Most get in by Friday night but keep coming in on Saturday as well.
Greg... I'll be getting in sometime Saturday morning..... I'll be wearing the "Purple Fedora"

Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:53 PM   #83

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
Quote:
Greg... I'll be getting in sometime Saturday morning..... I'll be wearing the "Purple Fedora"

Joe
Joe,
We'll be in on Friday night so we'll look for you on Saturday. I'll have a pink bowtie and be in the white Scamp.
Greg
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #84

Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 Series (25C9.6E 'Yeti')
Send a message via Yahoo to Pat And Arleen
For anyone coming in in the dark, We will have the camp site marked with some
geen LED Site-lites above our camper and camp site, you should be able to see them from Dome Rock road.