NH Rally in New England? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Trillium
New Hampshire
Registry
Rally in New England?

Not retired yet, but would love to attend a rally in New England. NH, VT, ME or MA would be nice. We took our Trillium to a moped rally in Acadia National Park in Maine and loved it. We have also camped in the White mountains in NH and Green Mountains of VT. As far as we have been with our little camper was Niagra Falls egg rally. Any interest in a rally in New England area?
msinger919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi mike--we're not too far away....depending on when you have one, we'll certainly do our best to attend. did you know that there is an atlantic rally in july here in the maritimes? the location varies from year to year. you're not too far away...perhaps you might consider coming?

keep us all posted on any plans you make.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We did one last year at a KOA in Copake NY. Tried to put one together this fall but it didn't work out. We do a teardrop rally in mid june in the NY Adirondaks (not restricted to teardrops only), and a vintage rally in Vermont in June & September (fully booked). There is another vintage rally in Salisbury Beach MA in May & October. Trying to schedule a rally can be difficult finding a time that suits the majority.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #4

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
My friends Mary & Bob did not mention the rally we did on the Hudson River north of Albany last August. We didn't have a lot of eggs, but had a grand time. Gail & I are also up for a rally or two in the area, and as long as we have some advance notice (we're not retired either!), would do the best we could to make it.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:49 PM   #5

New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
hi mike--we're not too far away....depending on when you have one, we'll certainly do our best to attend. did you know that there is an atlantic rally in july here in the maritimes? the location varies from year to year. you're not too far away...perhaps you might consider coming?

keep us all posted on any plans you make.
Theresa,
Love to visit the Maritimes. We have camped in Fundy, Keji and Highlands when we still used tents. The fiberglass rallies in NS and PEI just were not good timing for us else we would have been there. Hmmm, maybe I will start looking into organizing a rally in this area. I will keep an eye on the rally calendar for the next location of Maritime rally, thanks.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #6

New York
Oh my bad, forgot Frank's rally, sorry about that. Will you be doing it again next year Frank. We had to pass up a few last year either because of scheduling conflicts, distance, or just budget limitations. Because we have a vintage teardrop, vintage Uhaul, and now a Casita, there are too many options of rallies we can attend.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #7

New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
We did one last year at a KOA in Copake NY. Tried to put one together this fall but it didn't work out. We do a teardrop rally in mid june in the NY Adirondaks (not restricted to teardrops only), and a vintage rally in Vermont in June & September (fully booked). There is another vintage rally in Salisbury Beach MA in May & October. Trying to schedule a rally can be difficult finding a time that suits the majority.
Vintage rally in VT sounds interesting. Is it already booked for 2015? Salisbury Beach also sounds good as well. I have some ideas for places to hold a rally, but never organized one. I'll ask around to see what is involved.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #8

New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
My friends Mary & Bob did not mention the rally we did on the Hudson River north of Albany last August. We didn't have a lot of eggs, but had a grand time. Gail & I are also up for a rally or two in the area, and as long as we have some advance notice (we're not retired either!), would do the best we could to make it.

Frank
Frank,
Did you organize the rally? Wondering how much work there is to it.
-Mike
Old 11-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #9

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by msinger919 View Post
Frank,
Did you organize the rally? Wondering how much work there is to it.
-Mike
I did it on my brother's property on the Hudson River. It's a great place for a rally, as there is lots of flat land, a kayak/canoe launch, a dock, and a limited # (maybe a dozen) of power outlets for RV's. My brother is into motorhome rallies big time, and they have them there through the summer. To be honest, most of the work with this one was dealing with my brother. It's a long story. We may do it again next year, with a fee, and have breakfast and dinners served. My brother (he & his wife cook for rallies all the time, they have big tents, chairs, tables, etc) suggested maybe 50 bucks for dinner Friday, breakfast Saturday, dinner Saturday, breakfast Sunday. We'll see. If there's interest, I'll let him know, and reserve a weekend.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #10

New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
I did it on my brother's property on the Hudson River. It's a great place for a rally, as there is lots of flat land, a kayak/canoe launch, a dock, and a limited # (maybe a dozen) of power outlets for RV's. My brother is into motorhome rallies big time, and they have them there through the summer. To be honest, most of the work with this one was dealing with my brother. It's a long story. We may do it again next year, with a fee, and have breakfast and dinners served. My brother (he & his wife cook for rallies all the time, they have big tents, chairs, tables, etc) suggested maybe 50 bucks for dinner Friday, breakfast Saturday, dinner Saturday, breakfast Sunday. We'll see. If there's interest, I'll let him know, and reserve a weekend.

Frank
Sounds like a nice spot. Did you have any organized outings or was it mostly do your own thing?
Old 11-01-2014, 08:37 PM   #11

New York
Mike, I know the june rally in Vermont is booked full, there may be a couple openings in Sept. It is organized and run by the owners of Brattleboro North KOA, it is their rally, not something some group or individual set up. Last year there was a Trillium there and we also camped with them at the TCT rally in central NY last Sept. Haven't seen them since. The Vermont KOA rally is nice, they do a meet & greet, ice cream social, pot luck, pancake breakfast, and on saturday afternoon they open the campground to the public to tour the campers so that is a requirement if you participate. For two nights camping you get one night at half price. The rally at Salisbury Beach is Spring Fling in May and Hoot & Howl in October. There is a Facebook group "New England & Beyond" that has some info and discussion about it. Most of those people have vintage stick built campers but there were a couple fiberglass trailers there.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #12

New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
Mike, I know the june rally in Vermont is booked full, there may be a couple openings in Sept. It is organized and run by the owners of Brattleboro North KOA, it is their rally, not something some group or individual set up. Last year there was a Trillium there and we also camped with them at the TCT rally in central NY last Sept. Haven't seen them since. The Vermont KOA rally is nice, they do a meet & greet, ice cream social, pot luck, pancake breakfast, and on saturday afternoon they open the campground to the public to tour the campers so that is a requirement if you participate. For two nights camping you get one night at half price. The rally at Salisbury Beach is Spring Fling in May and Hoot & Howl in October. There is a Facebook group "New England & Beyond" that has some info and discussion about it. Most of those people have vintage stick built campers but there were a couple fiberglass trailers there.
Thanks Mary and Bob. We will check these out, Vermont sounds nice.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #13

New York
The New England and Beyond group did a rally at Twin Tamarack campground in NH this year but we didn't go. But they are not a fiberglass group, more vintage stick built or Airstream oriented.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #14

New York
We didn't really have any organized outings, but did have an impromptu boat ride on the Hudson down through some locks.

For the life of me, I cannot find the thread on that meet. I wish I could, and you could read through it. It took a lot of my time, and I'm still a working stiff. I can't spend that kind of time again this year, but may hand it over to my brother who would be more than willing to do an organized meet. He and my sister-in-law have lots and lots of experience with their motor home buddies, and their back yard is really set up for it. Seems to me we did it the third weekend in July. If there's interest, I will turn my brother loose! If we do it again, it will at the very least be organized around meals that will be cooked for us.

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinger919 View Post
Sounds like a nice spot. Did you have any organized outings or was it mostly do your own thing?
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #15

New York
It was August ???
Old 11-06-2014, 08:18 AM   #16

New York
Bob, I can't remember, and can't find the thread. I'm busy and have to run. Maybe somebody more forum friendly could find that Hudson River Egg Beaters rally from last year and post the link to the thread!

Frank

Quote:
It was August ???
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #17

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
Here is a link:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ble-61524.html
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #18

New York
Yes folks, I thought it was. See the link posted above.

Quote:
It was August ???
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #19

New York
Thank you Lora!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lora View Post
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #20

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
We'll be headed up to New England again next year to catch the fall colors. We stayed at Acadia National Park and saw 3 Casitas, a Scamp, and a Fiberstream, almost a rally! We only spent one night along the Kancamagus highway in NH and want to go back and spend more than one night next time. If there are any rallies scheduled close to the next NY gathering we would certainly be interested.
Mary and Bob, were you one of the three U-Hauls at Cherokee this year?
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally