Rock Crusher 3 - Crystal River, Fl - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2005, 05:39 PM   #1

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
We are setting up our 3rd Annual Rock Crusher Rally in the Rock Crusher Canyon campground. Mark your calendars for March 3, 4 and 5, 2006. To reserve your campsite phone (352) 795-3870. Make sure you mention "Casita Rally" so we will all be together but all trailer types are welcome. (Several of us will arrive on Thursday the 2nd and checkout on the 6th for anyone that would like arrive early and stay Sunday night with us). The campsites are $20.00 per night with Good Sam. The website is www.rccrvpark.com. We are holding 100 sites and we hope to have another great rally. As plans are made I'll keep you updated. When you do make your reservation, please post here or email me at cdunning_2000@yahoo.com

Watch for more information. We hope to see you there.

Carol
Carol and John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Hi All,

My wife and I attended the Pineknot Fest in TX and had decided to go from there to our winter getaway in Lake Wales, FL. As we were leaving TX, we began hearing about hurricane Wilma, and the projections for its entrance into FL had it going right over our trailer. So we decided to stop north of Tampa at the RCC Campground for a day or two to allow Wilma to get into the Atlantic.

As luck would have it, Wilma took 6 days to pass. Only rain and 20 mph wind made it as far north as we were, but we had a good chance to look over the campground. If you have been there before, you probably know what is to follow. If it is your first time, you are in for a treat.

Notes about Rock Crusher Canyon campground:

1. Sites are large -- set up for "Greyhound Bus" size campers. Lots of room for eggs, screen rooms, etc.

2. Hookup tower -- Distance from hookup tower at each site to the sewer hookup is rather large. If you wish to use their cable TV (included) you might want to consider at least a 16 ft. cable (or more). Also, the service is 50 amp. You will need the adaptor for 50-30 amp (available at WalMart or your local RV supply. You can rent them at the office of the campground, also. If you desire, there is also a 110V hookup in the tower, if you wish to use the 30A to 110V that you probably use at home.

3. Computer -- Wireless internet is available in the clubhouse. As an AOL user, I simply booted up the laptop, pushed the button on the front to enable the computer to recognize the wireless connection, selected internet explorer, and then typed in www.aol.com. It only took a couple of minutes and I was retreiving my email. If your campsite is close to the clubhouse, you may be able to connect from there.

4. Clubhouse -- In addition to the wireless internet, there is a screened in swimming pool, a hot tub, and a weight room in the clubhouse. Be sure to bring swimming suits, etc.

5. The only disadvantage I found in this campground was the number of anthills there seemed to be everywhere.

If you haven't been there before, you are in for a real treat -- this campground is first class all the way.

Stop by site 176 and say hi!
Dick Freed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Hi

John and Carol -- any more news on RC3?

Anyone else coming?

(Actually, since there were no replies since 12/7 I wanted to bring RC3 back up to the first page!)
Dick Freed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Hi

John and Carol -- any more news on RC3?

Anyone else coming?

(Actually, since there were no replies since 12/7 I wanted to bring RC3 back up to the first page!)
I stopped by the office on 1/16 and got the latest trailer count for the Rally. As of this morning we had 40 registered, so it looks like it's going to be another great time.

We'll be in site 174 from 3/2 through 3/6.

Each site has 50 amp or 20 amps. We got by the last two years on the 20 amps but if you need 50 amps Rock Crusher rents adapters at $3.00 a night. they sell them for $26.50, but I know that Walmart and RV stores sell them for less. Just want to give everyone a heads up.

Ron and Dan have a kayak trip planned, probably Friday, Ron and John will host the flea market Saturday morning, and Ron has a device to check hitch weights on Saturday afternoon. More plans are in the works and we'll keep everyone updated. I'm working on a list of area attractions also.

Lynda Freed has volunteered to host a craft class on Saturday afternoon. She has two crafts that she will teach and each one takes about an hour.

1. "Seedy Fish" (Literally CD Fish) -- Using two AOL disks and craft foam, these cute light catchers spin in the wind -- neat decoration for the awning.

2. ICE apples -- Using fabric and various other materials, a small apple is made. The center of the apple is a roll of toilet paper. This could be kept in the trailer as a decoration, or for use ICE (In Case of Emergency) when the T.P. runs out

She has enough material for about 30-40 people. A $1.00 donation to cover material and any can tabs from aluminum cans would be appreciated. If you are interested in this class, please email me at cdunning_2000@yahoo.com.

The one disappointment was they don't supply fire wood anymore. We had nice campfires last year and the year before and I was looking forward to doing it again this year. If anyone attending can bring firewood it would be appreciated.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone in March.

Carol and John
Old 01-22-2006, 10:26 PM   #5

Trailer: 1972 MKP Grandesse T (made in Denmark)
I'll be there too with my MKP (aka the Roly-Poly), and believe it or not it will be our maiden (finally!) voyage.
By the by... this is an all fiberglass rally, right? Not just Casita?
I'm coming anyway, I enjoyed meeting a lot of folks last year at Rock Crusher when I went with my friend Alice Boysen (she's got a 13' Casita and just bought a 17' Casita).
After that RC2, I bought my MKP and have been trying to update it and get on the road since. Ready or not, here I come.
Looking forward to coming and participating
See you there!
Denise K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:01 PM   #6

I've made my reservation- Murphy Brown (the traveling corgi) and I will be in space 276 from March 2-6!
See you all there!
Old 01-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #7

Quote:
By the by... this is an all fiberglass rally, right? Not just Casita?
Yes, Rally is for any fiberglass trailer or anyone interested in looking at fiberglass trailers. Campground calls it Casita Rally and it's easier to make sure we all get sites together. Glad you will be joining us again this year.

Carol
Old 02-04-2006, 07:49 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft 2001
Send a message via Yahoo to José Muñoz-Caro
<span style="color"><div align="center">LIST UPDATE</div></span>
<div align="center">as of Feb. 28, 2006</div>
<span style="color:green"><div align="center"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Rock Crusher III Rally</div></span></span>

<span style="font-family:Times">
Site 149 Fred & Barbara (also Happy)
Site 151 Sandy & Charlie and Rocky
Site 155 Pete & Judy
Site 156 Fred & Donna
Site 159 Fred & Debbie
Site 161 Terry & Susan
Site 162 Jack
Site 163 José & Nereida
Site 164 Frank & Reba
Site 165 Martin & Catherine
Site 167 Mollie & Bill Z
Site 168 Lindy & Sharon
Site 169 Charles, Helen, & Bugsy, "the Crucian mutt"
Site 170 Steve & Kathy
Site 171 Don & Debra
Site 174 Carol & John
Site 175 Gary & Marlene
Site 176 Lynda & Richard
Site 178 Jim & Peggy
Site 180 Sally & Bill
Site 183 Bill & Karen
Site 184 Ken & Shiela
Site 187 Mike & Mindy
Site 243 Karen & Art
Site 255 Phil & Tara
Site 264 Kjunman
Site 266 Wayne & Pam
Site 275 Jerry & Carrol
Site 276 Denise
Site 279 Diane & Joe
Site 283 Milton & Jane
Site 285 Lou & Connie
Site 286 Cathy & David
Site 371 Don & Mary Ellen
</span>

Remember, you do not have to own a Casita to attend the rally. However, do mention that you are a part of the Casita rally in order to obtain the lower rate.
José Muñoz-Caro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:56 AM   #9

Hi Everyone,

We're getting the plans together for the schedule of activities for RCIII and are just waiting for a response from an area business about speaking on Friday.

These are the plans so far:

Thursday 3/2 - A get together for early arrivals. We can gather on the pool deck area about 7:00 p.m. like we did last year. Bring snacks and your own beverage.

Friday 3/3 - Kayak trip planned at 9:00 a.m. There is a separate thread to sign up for this with Ron and Dan.

Friday 3/3 - 3:30 p.m - 5:00 p.m. Gathering at the clubhouse, hopefully will have a rep to speak, if not general discussion of problems and solutions

Friday 3/3 - 7:00 p.m. Get together at campfire site. If weather is a problem, we'll use the clubhouse. If you can bring any firewood, it would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday 3/4 - 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. Flea Market at Clubhouse hosted by Ron and John

Saturday 3/4 12:00 p.m.- 2:00 p.m. Craft session hosted by Lynda Freed. If anyone wants to do some knitting, this might be a good time for that also.

Saturday 3/4 - Trailer tours and visiting and Ron has a device to check hitch weights and can do this at your site

Saturday 3/4 5:00 p.m. -6:30 p.m. Potluck dinner in clubhouse. If everyone would bring enough food for 6-8 people we should be in good shape.

Saturday 3/4 7:00 p.m. - Get together at campfire site.

Sunday 3/5 - 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Potluck breakfast in clubhouse. We will have coffee available.

There will be a list of area attractions posted shortly for those who will be arriving to the area early or staying longer. If there is anything in particular you are interested in, please let me know.

We're looking forward to lots of fun and another great rally this year. Whoever has Harold, the pink flamingo, please don't forget to bring him. See everyone in March.

Carol and John
Old 02-20-2006, 08:38 PM   #10

Trailer: Casita 13 ft
Is it possible to drop in without actually camping? We're thinking of just making a day trip to see some 13-footers.
Louise
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:22 PM   #11

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
I want to come but I will have to wait and try to get reservations at the the last minute. This will be my very first if I make it.
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:27 AM   #12

Trailer: Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft 2001
Send a message via Yahoo to José Muñoz-Caro
Susan Tiller & Louise,

Susan, to my understanding there were 100 sites allocated for the RCIII rally. There should be plenty sites still available.

Louise, yes, you can visit without camping. Drop in and don't be a stranger. Don't wait for any introductions or formalities. There are none. Just say hello and ask to see as many fiberglass trailers as possible. Also, ask questions and feel free to participate in any and all campground activities. It is a fun packed activity.

"RV trailers don't make a rally. People do."
José Muñoz-Caro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:20 AM   #13

Trailer: Casita 13 ft
Quote:
Susan Tiller & Louise,

Susan, to my understanding there were 100 sites allocated for the RCIII rally. There should be plenty sites still available.

Louise, yes, you can visit without camping. Drop in and don't be a stranger. Don't wait for any introductions or formalities. There are none. Just say hello and ask to see as many fiberglass trailers as possible. Also, ask questions and feel free to participate in any and all campground activities. It is a fun packed activity.

"RV trailers don't make a rally. People do."
Thanks for this info. We will definitely try to head up there on the weekend.
Louise
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:52 PM   #14

Seems the floor (wood rot) damage is a little more extensive than I thought. On advise of the RV repair guy, the Roly-Poly won't make it to Florida.
Hopefully the repairs will be done by April.
I wish you all lots of fun and fair weather , and for sure I'll be there next year.
Denise
Old 02-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Seems the floor (wood rot) damage is a little more extensive than I thought. On advise of the RV repair guy, the Roly-Poly won't make it to Florida.
Hopefully the repairs will be done by April.
I wish you all lots of fun and fair weather , and for sure I'll be there next year.
Denise
Hi Denise,

Sorry to hear about your floor problems. We'll miss you at the rally and look forward to seeing you next year.

Carol