San Antonio Lake Rally - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2007, 01:49 PM   #181

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Mike that's funny, that's what we call it too!
Old 05-17-2007, 09:26 AM   #182

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Quote:
Based on what you all had to say, I think my ideal would be a 1999-2000 17' Casita Spirit, or 2nd choice, a Liberty, with bath. I'm limited to looking in CA/OR/WA/NV/AZ and really can't go over $8000. If you come across one in your travels, I'd appreciate you letting me know about it. I really would give it a good home. Thanks again for all your help!

Lisa
Lisa M,
Not being to literate, can't figure out how to PM you.

the problem with casita's is that when they use to make them, they put in the bathroom units and refrid.s and then put on the tops of the units and married them.

the refergerators cannot be removed from these older trailers....

without cutting out the side of the trailer.....as i see it....and i have have given it a lot of thought.

the newer trailers have a larger rear window in order to remove the refridgerators.

that is why i would not buy an older unit....and would look at other manufactures...i know that this is sac-religious, but we have invested enough $ in this to be able to say that.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:36 AM   #183

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
When you say "newer", what model years are you talking about? Has anyone else had this experience? It seems like this would really be a problem.

Quote:
Lisa M,
Not being to literate, can't figure out how to PM you.

the problem with casita's is that when they use to make them, they put in the bathroom units and refrid.s and then put on the tops of the units and married them.

the refergerators cannot be removed from these older trailers....

without cutting out the side of the trailer.....as i see it....and i have have given it a lot of thought.

the newer trailers have a larger rear window in order to remove the refridgerators.

that is why i would not buy an older unit....and would look at other manufactures...i know that this is sac-religious, but we have invested enough $ in this to be able to say that.
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:27 AM   #184

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
When you say "newer", what model years are you talking about? Has anyone else had this experience? It seems like this would really be a problem.
We had trouble with our refrigerator while it was still under warenty. The local company the repaired it was able to slide it far enough into the hall to make the repairs needed. At the time they said, this is a real problem.

When we bought our second Casita, it had the large rear window. The hear say is so that the refrigerator could be removed and repaired or replaced. Our second Casita is a 2004. They may have made that change in 2003.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:58 PM   #185

Trailer: 2003 Casita Liberty Deluxe
I think that it was done in 2003. We have one, with the large window, and lots of Casita owners made the comment about us having a bigger window. We took delivery in July of 2003.
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:49 AM   #186

Trailer: 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck-H
Mike and Lori,
You be the host n hostess's with the mostestests!!!!
All the folk, food, flora and fauna was fantastic. Celebrating our eggs 1st birthday could not have happened with better folk.
Thank you again for a great time and I WILL get some linguisa next year!
Chuck n Nancie
Chuck-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:54 AM   #187

DID ANY ONE at the San Antonio Rally find a calender and a 3 x 4 adress book????
We "misplaced" them somewhere and hope someone found them!
Please let us know by PM and we'll gladly pay any postage.....our whole life: hair appts, etc are on the calender and all the phone #'s from the rally.... Thanks,
Chuck H.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:28 PM   #188

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2002
Dear Lake San Antonio Campers with dogs:

While we have kept up kennel-cough inocculations, one dog did develop kennel cough. About 7 days after our trip, a honking, deep-throated cough and we are watching the other one. This whooping cough animal varient is treated as both a bacterial and viral infection. A honking cough is the warning. As it turns out, the infection is getting around in the Napa Valley and could be inocculation resistant. Hopefully no dogs on our glorious trip will have this - just a warning. Chuck and Nancie, didn't see your appt. book. My daughter was diagnosed with Secondary Progressive MS and is now reviewing the treatment options. Any ideas?

Anne and Ellis Hamilton
Anne and Ellis Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:47 AM   #189

Anne and Ellis,
We will PM you regarding the MS diagnosis.
Is was nice to see you at the Lake!
nancie n chuck