San Antonio Lake Rally - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #113

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Today we are gathering all the food, starting the pinquito beans (yum) and testing the Santa Maria Bar-B-Que dry rub & chicken marinade.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #114

Quote:
ok she says she'll bring the 8, 10, and 12 regular and the deep one if Lori wants it.
Just have Lora bring her two biggest dutch ovens. We will need 6 large dutch ovens.

Lori is planning on making her new [b]Apple Cobbler Recipe (Oh man is it good, YUM!). This is NOT the standard Santa Maria Oak Pit Bar-B-Que dessert (they donít do dessert), but we just decided to add dessert.

I had to beg.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:55 PM   #115

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2002
Quote:
Just have Lora bring her two biggest dutch ovens. We will need 6 large dutch ovens.

Lori is planning on making her new [b]Apple Cobbler Recipe (Oh man is it good, YUM!). This is NOT the standard Santa Maria Oak Pit Bar-B-Que dessert (they donít do dessert), but we just decided to add dessert.

I had to beg.
Ellis and I would like to contribute to the weekend with - what else - wine from the Napa Valley. We have a chocolate inside out bundt cake that serves 20 and would be happy to bring two. Or we could bring the makings for a potato salad that we could assemble at camp.

Also, we will be bringing our two dogs and, should our space be large enough, would be happy to double up with dog lovers without dogs. We have camped a few times near Chris and Clete, and if they are willing to share, so are we, in order to allow more people.

We are really looking forward to the weekend. Let us know just how we can help. Let us know by Tuesday.

Anne and Ellis
Old 05-05-2007, 11:10 PM   #116

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Hello! I've never posted on a forum before, hope I'm doing it right! I am not a FGRV owner, but hope to be by this time next year. I would really like to get an up close look at so many different ones. If we drove over for the day on Sunday (we could probably get there by 11:00am), would people be willing to show us their eggs and give advice? Thanks in advance. Lisa
Old 05-05-2007, 11:14 PM   #117

Quote:
Hello! I've never posted on a forum before, hope I'm doing it right! I am not a FGRV owner, but hope to be by this time next year. I would really like to get an up close look at so many different ones. If we drove over for the day on Sunday (we could probably get there by 11:00am), would people be willing to show us their eggs and give advice? Thanks in advance. Lisa
Hi Lisa,

Absolutely, we would love to have you come by. Iím sure everyone would be happy to show their trailer with you and share any insights they may have.

Please feel free to come and get to know us all.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:18 PM   #118

Quote:
Ellis and I would like to contribute to the weekend with - what else - wine from the Napa Valley. We have a chocolate inside out bundt cake that serves 20 and would be happy to bring two. Or we could bring the makings for a potato salad that we could assemble at camp.

Also, we will be bringing our two dogs and, should our space be large enough, would be happy to double up with dog lovers without dogs. We have camped a few times near Chris and Clete, and if they are willing to share, so are we, in order to allow more people.

We are really looking forward to the weekend. Let us know just how we can help. Let us know by Tuesday.

Anne and Ellis
Hi Anna & Ellis,

Yes wine would be a wonderful addition to the Santa Maria Oak Pit Bar-B-Que Saturday evening.

Iím sure your Bundt Cake would be a hit too.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:26 PM   #119

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2002
Dear Mike and Lori,

How many people? One or two bundt cakes? Anne and Ellis
Old 05-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #120

Quote:
Dear Mike and Lori,

How many people? One or two bundt cakes? Anne and Ellis
Letís do the cakes Friday evening for the meet and greet. There will be about 60 people.

Thank You

I hope everyone will bring something to share and get to know everyone Friday.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:13 AM   #121

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Quote:
Hi Lisa,

Absolutely, we would love to have you come by. Iím sure everyone would be happy to show their trailer with you and share any insights they may have.

Please feel free to come and get to know us all.
Thank you! Wish we could come Saturday--your dinner sounds great!--but we have other plans. I just mapquest'd the trip, looks like you're only 2 hours away, so we should be there before too many people start packing up to go home. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Old 05-06-2007, 01:05 AM   #122

Quote:
Thank you! Wish we could come Saturday--your dinner sounds great!--but we have other plans. I just mapquest'd the trip, looks like you're only 2 hours away, so we should be there before too many people start packing up to go home. Looking forward to meeting you all!
About half of the group are staying until Monday.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #123

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Mike,

Is this the South Shore? Is it off San Antonio Road?
Old 05-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #124

Quote:
Mike,
Is this the South Shore? Is it off San Antonio Road?
YES, you got it.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #125

DIRECTIONS To the FiberglassRV Rally at Lake San Antonio.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SanAntonioLake.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	7695

Directions to the South Shore

FROM THE NORTH:
Take Highway 101 South to the Jolon Road (G-14) exit, just North of King City (not the second Jolon Rd. further south). Proceed South on Jolon road for approximately 20 miles to Lockwood. Turn right on Interlake Road. Proceed for 13 miles to San Antonio Lake Road. Turn left. Proceed for 3 miles until you reach the South Shore entrance of the lake. It is approximately one hour from King City.

FROM THE SOUTH:
Take Highway 101 North to the Paso Robles exit. Take 24th Street exit (G-14 West). Proceed west on G-14 for approximately 14 miles. Turn right on Lake Nacimiento Drive. Follow the road towards Lake Nacimiento and cross the dam. Turn left on Interlake Road. Drive 7 miles to Lake San Antonio Road and turn right. Proceed for 3 miles to the South Shore entrance of the lake. It is approximately a 40 minute drive.

FROM THE EAST:
Take Highway 46 West to Paso Robles. Proceed west on G-14 for approximately 14 miles. Turn right on Lake Nacimiento Drive. Follow the road towards Lake Nacimiento and cross the dam. Turn left on Interlake Road. Drive 7 miles to Lake San Antonio Road and turn right. Proceed for 3 miles to the South Shore entrance of the lake. It is approximately a 40 minute drive.
Attached Thumbnails
SanAntonioLake.png  
Old 05-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #126

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Hi Mike my map is a little different.
if we take g14 jolon rd. s, we go thru jolon....not lockwood.