Scamp Camp Feb. 2018 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-02-2018, 05:52 AM   #15

Name: chris
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
We will be there. At Lake Manatee now. See you soon!

Nelliebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:05 AM   #16

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA/ 2016 Ram V6 Eco Diesel
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Movin' inn on Sunday. Exploring the area for a 2 week stay, then off to Salt Springs for a 2 week stay. Snow birds can't just land in one tree ya know!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1040528.jpg  

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:51 AM   #17

Name: Jill
Trailer: Eggcamper
Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sullivan View Post
Started this on the wrong place. Who.s going to this years Scamp Camp in Sebring, Fla. I estimate at least 90 - 100 units. Can we make it more??

Mike Sullivan - 2 people

Moderator's note: I moved it for ya!

We have site 137. But will be there only this coming Sunday and Monday. We sold our little red Eggcamper and will be there instead with a spanking new one-piece fiberglass shell Coach House that we are picking up from the factory in Nokomis tomorrow.
MinnesotaJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:08 AM   #18

Name: Jill
Trailer: Eggcamper
Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Below is an e-mail I received recently from our ScampCamp Hosts,
(Dick and Lynda Freed) ...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
SCAMP CAMP 2018

This is a listing of things you should prepare for:

Service projects:
Soda (pop) or beer, or cat food Can tabs: we collect these for various charities in the area.
Box tops for education: support of the Red Bird Mission. They collected from a number of churches and were able to purchase a van for their ministries with the box tops collected in 2015.
Campbells Soup Labels
Wine Corks for craft projects
Popsicle sticks for craft projects
Firewood (Florida residents only) If you can bring along an armful of wood for campfires, it would be helpful. Florida law prohibits firewood from outside sources.

I am looking for a volunteer to do this year’s camp photograph.If you are willing to do this, please contact me.

Monday Pot Luck (chili dump)—If you have a recipe for chili, make it ahead of time and we will “dump” it together with other recipes contributed for this event. AND/OR bring along a side dish or dessert to share.

Tuesday Hot dogs – Hot dogs, buns, and condiments will be provided, bring side dishes and/or dessert to share.

Wednesday – ALL CAMP POTLUCK put on by rangers and park hosts at the Rec hall. Bring whatever you want to share.

Great Give-away: Bring something to give away. This can be almost anything. It would be nice if you could donate something that is clearly from the area of the country you are from, a camping related item, or “whatever”.

Other events will be listed on a schedule you will receive when you register – please come to site 77, where we will be located. 33 campers have notified me of their registration for the camp as of this writing.

Keep Betty McAdams (undergoing chemo treatment) and Gerry Felker (Hip replacement) in your prayers for recovery. They both have notified me that they will not be able to attend this year. If you are aware of any others from our group who are having physical problems, please bring these to our attention.

Dick & Lynda Freed, Hosts

We didn't really sign up for the camp activities this year since we will be there for just 2 early days, but our new fiberglass RV will be open for viewing. It isn't a TT but I think a one piece FG shell RV can still be on the "fringe" of belonging to this group. I wanted to keep our Eggcamper, but DH had different ideas. This was the compromise. A full FG RV. Hope to see you there and not be "shunned" for breaking the "mold"!
MinnesotaJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:47 AM   #19

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: All... Movin' inn on Sunday. Exploring the area for a 2 week stay, then off to Salt Springs for a 2 week stay. Snow birds can't just land in one tree ya know!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
We spent only 2 days at Salt Springs two weeks ago. It was OK. On the way there we stopped at Silver Springs and did the glass bottom boat ride which was fun. Big parking lot at Silver Springs if you stop with your trailer
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:52 AM   #20

Name: Bat Dude
Trailer: Escape
Michigan
We willl drive over

We will be at the SKP park in Wauchula but will drive over Friday or Sat.

Any 19' Escapes gonna be there?

Carolyn wants to look at one before we make any upsizing decisions.

Bat Dude
Old 02-14-2018, 09:19 AM   #21

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
Address of Scamp camp

Where in Sebring is it located
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:01 AM   #22

Name: Michael
Trailer: Scamp 19
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
Where in Sebring is it located
Highland Hammock State Park, off of US 27.
lijMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #23

Name: shawn
Trailer: Casita 17" SD
Kentucky
Stopped by totally on accident

We drove through today totally by accident. My wife and I have a 2001 17ft Casita and we wanted to checkout the campground, the first camper we see is an egg! Then we saw a lot of them, more than I've ever seen in one area. It looked like a large group meeting was goin on and we did not want to intrude. Hope to stop back on Saturday and walk around a bit. Have fun! My wife really liked the two escapes we saw.....maybe someday. Safe travels. Shawn
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:13 PM   #24

Name: Ken
Trailer: Escape 19
Florida
I'm not sure what to do with them , I have a number of pictures of the trailers at Scamp camp. I can post them to Imgur but they will vanish after awhile if I do so leaving a dead link.
Here is one that is a bit unusual.
And a pano of one of the gatherings. I did not keep it level while making it, the ground was not really that uneven.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180214_141020758_HDR.jpg   IMG_20180212_173707253.jpg  

Kenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:48 AM   #25

Name: Dave
Trailer: 1988 Scamp-16
Florida
Pictures

Ken:

I appreciate your willingness to share. You can send the pics to me at brown2488@bellsouth.net and I will ensure they get to Dick Freed who is our Scamp camp host.
Cajun Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:28 AM   #26

Name: Ken
Trailer: Escape 19
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Dave View Post
Ken:

I appreciate your willingness to share. You can send the pics to me at brown2488@bellsouth.net and I will ensure they get to Dick Freed who is our Scamp camp host.

I sent him an email with the link on Imgur to all the pictures previously.
I can place it here too, only problem is the pictures will be removed after awhile. We have an account with them but since it's free and is their server their rules apply.

Tell you what, here is the link.
https://imgur.com/a/qPhE4
If you find a picture or pictures that you like left click on it to enlarge it then you can right click to download it.

I tried to get as many of the trailers as possible but some arrived later on Wednesday.
Kenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:43 AM   #27

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Scamp Camp Feb. 2018

Ken, that tandem axle Scamp 19 is one of my personal favorites. It makes sense on so many levels and just looks right. If Scamp started making them that way, I just might think long and hard about owning a pick-up truck again...

Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp