scamper campers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2018, 12:04 PM   #1

Name: SamandLaurie
Trailer: Scamp 16' 2016
Virginia
scamper campers

We have just purchased a 2016 16' Scamp and wondered if there is any group or way to find out if there are those with common campers to meet up? We were familiar with a "tear jerkers" club that was meant for those who own the little guy, or tab, or tear jerks. Is there anything like this for scampers? If so, how would I find them, or key word to use, or ways people find each other to meet up in the camping world?
Thanks
laurieandsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:46 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
scamper campers

There are one or two rallies that are Scamp-centered (Scamp Camp in Sebring comes to mind). But generally we like to mix it up with other molded fiberglass makes. All but a few of the manufacturer-specific rallies welcome other molded trailers, including Scamp Camp.

There are also a couple of Scamp-specific Facebook groups. The most active is called "Scamp Travel Trailers."
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:20 AM   #3
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Isn't "Scamper" the actual name of another (non-molded) small travel trailer? Maybe no longer made - but just be careful when searching that you're finding Scamps, not Scamper or Skamper.

And, I agree with Jon in AZ: we figured out when we put this site together that there are more similarities than differences between molded fiberglass travel trailers, so our rallies and gatherings are generally open to all makes.

Congrats on your new to you Scamp!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:51 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
There is also a Scamp specific forum that might be useful.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:43 AM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
scamper campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
Isn't "Scamper" the actual name of another (non-molded) small travel trailer? Maybe no longer made - but just be careful when searching that you're finding Scamps, not Scamper or Skamper.
Just for clarification... Skamper (with a "k") made stick-framed tent trailers and pop-up truck campers. My parents owned one and I have many childhood memories of our travels. They made a good product until they were bought out by one of the big RV conglomerates, cheapened, and eventually killed off. They did make a few travel trailers in their corporate-owned years.

It is thought that a dispute between Scamp and Skamper over the similarity in the names was the reason Eveland's branded their trailers "Acorn" in 1979. It seems plausible, though I've seen a source cited. The dispute was quickly settled, and the Scamp name returned in 1980.

There has never been a manufacturer called "Scamper".
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp