SE -N Georgia Gathering - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #41

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 2002 Tundra TRD
Quote:
[b]Registrations

So far, 17 have registered for our get together.

We had a commitment from the park for 20 sites based on an original estimate of 15 attendees. Because we have been so wonderful to work with Bald Mountain has opened up another 10 sites for us.

Was that a hint?
we just signed up for ga.meet our first with fiberglass clan Don&Pat Kerber..Casita/Tundra see you there site 40
kerberdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:11 PM   #42

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Quote:
we just signed up for ga.meet our first with fiberglass clan Don&Pat Kerber..Casita/Tundra see you there site 40
Hi Neighbors! I am in site #41. Glad you are coming.
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #43

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
woohoo!! long range weather is calling for a super nice highs in mid 60's, an lows in the mid 50's sound like prefect camping weather.
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #44

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">Help Needed!
</span>

FOOD COORDINATOR

Looking at the great pictures from Rock Crusher II I see that plenty of fellowship of the fork activities occured. It would be great if we could have at least one such group activity at our get together. Cooking in mass quantities is not one of my life skills. (I'm single. I'm not incented to improve.) So since I don't cook it probably would be a bit ambitious for me to try and coordinate that activity for others. Can someone in our group volunteer to put a plan together for a potluck or something? (The last one I had anything to do with had 42 desserts and nothing else.)

The Volunteer Food Coordinator needs to call the park and speak with the owner, Pam. She will discuss with you what is available, dishes, pots and so on. The pavilion we have reserved has a kitchen and seating for 200.

FYI: Bald Mountain's pool opens the weekend we arrive. The park is hosting a Mexican fiesta (dips, chips, maybe tacos and pinatas) on Saturday to celebrate. The pool opening also kicks off the park's annual chili contest.

Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:43 PM   #45

FISHING INFO[/b]

Bald Mountain has a creek running through it. It also has a trout stream. Since the creek is private property, no fishing license is needed to fish there. Anyone wanting to trout fish needs to get a Georgia Fishing License. The nearest location to the park for obtaining one is Denton's gas station about 5 miles from Bald Mountain. You may acquire your license on line by going to: http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/con...?txtDocument=30

The park sells bait and some fishing gear.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:56 PM   #46

and what pray tell is wrong with 24 deserts?
unless it was a case of Bud lol
personally I like true pot lucks
Old 04-15-2006, 07:25 PM   #47

Quote:
<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">Help Needed!
</span>
[b]
FOOD COORDINATOR
Looking at the great pictures from Rock Crusher II I see that plenty of fellowship of the fork activities occured. It would be great if we could have at least one such group activity at our get together. Cooking in mass quantities is not one of my life skills. (I'm single. I'm not incented to improve.) So since I don't cook it probably would be a bit ambitious for me to try and coordinate that activity for others. Can someone in our group volunteer to put a plan together for a potluck or something? (The last one I had anything to do with had 42 desserts and nothing else.)

The Volunteer Food Coordinator needs to call the park and speak with the owner, Pam. She will discuss with you what is available, dishes, pots and so on. The pavilion we have reserved has a kitchen and seating for 200.
A few questions as this is my first time. On the potluck, this to me means everyone brings an item for the meal. How do people come up with this item? Do they plan ahead and bring it with them? Do they go to the nearest store and buy something to bring? I am not sure just how this works with camping. If it is to be something brought like a ham, stuff for BBQ, veggies, etc., how do we get them to sign up and say what they are bringing ahead of time? Just need to know info before I bite the bullet and say....you know...that I will do it.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:02 AM   #48

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Hi Everyone

We agree with Al. Bring or buy whatever strikes your fancy -- main, salad or desert -- and your own cutlery, plate, and drink. All that the host needs to provide is a table to hold the stuff. It always works out, and that's half the fun of it.

By the way Al, what's in your new Avitar? It looks like a sheepskin, or a big cotton ball?

It won't be long now! Happy Easter to All.

Des & Diane
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:01 PM   #49

Thank You!!!!! Des & Diane. That sounds like a plan to me. I am all for easy and things just working out.

OK Benita, with the great wisdom of Des & Diane, I will be your FOOD COORDINATOR.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:15 PM   #50

New avitar is water coming over the bow of a zodiac . aka tidal bore Nova Scotia
Old 04-16-2006, 01:48 PM   #51

A lot of what i make depend on the weather.
It it is raining i might make Yellow rice and sauasage or Not really lasagna lasagna
if it nice out and the grill coals get hot Grilled veggies, or Clam chowda.
What ever ends up getting made i shoot for about 8 portions. why 8 welll because we are going to eat and afterward we can say we 8
duck's out of throwing range
Old 04-16-2006, 02:40 PM   #52

Yep..the ducks. All sounds good to me. Someone might want to do the baked potatoe thing. You know cook em at home, heat them up, and provide and toppings. Some chili might be good as we are already doing the pool opening with that theme. Hot dogs on the grill, or cooked in a black iron skillet are aways a favorite with chips and baked beans. A low country boil would be so cool. Deserts, let's not forget these, right Al? Since we have a big fridge, ice cream is even possible.

I am in Site 41 near the pavilion. A "sitting duck" to see to this Saturday night or do we want it Sunday night , potluck fun gathering.

Someone bring music....zydeco, square dance, what ever so we can have a night to remember. Oh yes, BYOB, cokes, tea, bud etc.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:21 PM   #53

Quote:
A few questions as this is my first time. On the potluck, this to me means everyone brings an item for the meal. How do people come up with this item? Do they plan ahead and bring it with them? Do they go to the nearest store and buy something to bring? I am not sure just how this works with camping. If it is to be something brought like a ham, stuff for BBQ, veggies, etc., how do we get them to sign up and say what they are bringing ahead of time? Just need to know info before I bite the bullet and say....you know...that I will do it.
Hey Susan,

I see you got responses to your query. Potlucks are run like the person in charge says they are. The laid back approach seems to be the preferred way here. Some folks do a sign up list for veggies, meats, desserts and so on to be sure that there is enough assortment to constitute a meal. Others just say, "Bring something." and are happy with whatever shows up. Both approaches work.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:23 AM   #54

Quote:
Hey Susan,

I see you got responses to your query. Potlucks are run like the person in charge says they are. The laid back approach seems to be the preferred way here. Some folks do a sign up list for veggies, meats, desserts and so on to be sure that there is enough assortment to constitute a meal. Others just say, "Bring something." and are happy with whatever shows up. Both approaches work.
Benita, something go lost in the shuffle, or I did not say it correctly. I know how a potluck works when you are not camping, know the phone #'s of folks coming, or at least email addresses. Planned quite a few and filled in on the areas of foods that weren't covered or not enough being brought by others.
I do not know of any way to do this the "standard way" with potential participants scattered here and there, no way to let them sign up ahead of time, contact them and see if they want to be included, and cover any food areas that are short.
I, for one, want to enjoy my first meet and not stress over this. I plan to go kayaking, visit with other "eggers", see what others have done to their eggs. Cooking a bunch, chasing people down to see if they even want to do this and [b]WHEN (lost in shuffle also), and chewing my nails is just not me.
[b]"Doing a list forsign up" is an I will do on poster boad and place in the pavilion.
[b]Bring enough for your family/visitors and utensils to eat with/on
[b]Clean up after our meal I will take care of for sure
I hope this will do it and I am sure we will all have fun. Please post [b]when we will have our meal and let me know if I left anything out. Thank you so much for getting us all together! We appreciate you.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:13 PM   #55

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Benita, something go lost in the shuffle, or I did not say it correctly. I know how a potluck works when you are not camping, know the phone #'s of folks coming, or at least email addresses. Planned quite a few and filled in on the areas of foods that weren't covered or not enough being brought by others.
I do not know of any way to do this the "standard way" with potential participants scattered here and there, no way to let them sign up ahead of time, contact them and see if they want to be included, and cover any food areas that are short.
I, for one, want to enjoy my first meet and not stress over this. I plan to go kayaking, visit with other "eggers", see what others have done to their eggs. Cooking a bunch, chasing people down to see if they even want to do this and [b]WHEN (lost in shuffle also), and chewing my nails is just not me.
[b]"Doing a list forsign up" is an I will do on poster boad and place in the pavilion.
I hope this will do it and I am sure we will all have fun. Please post [b]when we will have our meal and let me know if I left anything out. Thank you so much for getting us all together! We appreciate you.
Mike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:18 PM   #56

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Hi all, long time Lurker her. I just signed up for the Georgia Gathering at the end of next month. I will be in site number 42 and look forward to meeting you fellow Egg owners.

Mike A
Mike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:37 PM   #57

Quote:
Hi all, long time Lurker her. I just signed up for the Georgia Gathering at the end of next month. I will be in site number 42 and look forward to meeting you fellow Egg owners.

Mike A

Welcome Mike. Glad you are coming. I will be your neighbor.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:56 PM   #58

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
This looks like it is shaping up to be a great Rally.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #59

Quote:
Hi Susan,

In an attempt to address your concerns, I asked Webmaster Mike to create a subforum for the SE gathering. There is a Potuck thread there. If everyone brings a dish and their own tableware I'm thinking it doesn't have to be that complicated. Is this helpful?

Potluck Thread

Benita
Old 04-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #60

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 2002 Tundra TRD
Quote:

Mike A
hi,Mike Don&Pat in site 40,. looking forward to this meet. we haven`t been camping with so many smallglass campers in all our years of camping, planon takeing lot`s of pictures of ALL the little ones.. see you there:::::
kerberdp is offline   Reply With Quote