SE -N Georgia Gathering - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-12-2006, 04:37 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Al V's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Posts: 314
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
woohoo!! long range weather is calling for a super nice highs in mid 60's, an lows in the mid 50's sound like prefect camping weather.
__________________

__________________
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 03:41 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Benita's Avatar
 
Name: Benita
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Georgia
Posts: 608
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">Help Needed!
</span>

FOOD COORDINATOR

Looking at the great pictures from Rock Crusher II I see that plenty of fellowship of the fork activities occured. It would be great if we could have at least one such group activity at our get together. Cooking in mass quantities is not one of my life skills. (I'm single. I'm not incented to improve.) So since I don't cook it probably would be a bit ambitious for me to try and coordinate that activity for others. Can someone in our group volunteer to put a plan together for a potluck or something? (The last one I had anything to do with had 42 desserts and nothing else.)

The Volunteer Food Coordinator needs to call the park and speak with the owner, Pam. She will discuss with you what is available, dishes, pots and so on. The pavilion we have reserved has a kitchen and seating for 200.

FYI: Bald Mountain's pool opens the weekend we arrive. The park is hosting a Mexican fiesta (dips, chips, maybe tacos and pinatas) on Saturday to celebrate. The pool opening also kicks off the park's annual chili contest.

__________________

__________________
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Benita's Avatar
 
Name: Benita
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Georgia
Posts: 608
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
FISHING INFO[/b]

Bald Mountain has a creek running through it. It also has a trout stream. Since the creek is private property, no fishing license is needed to fish there. Anyone wanting to trout fish needs to get a Georgia Fishing License. The nearest location to the park for obtaining one is Denton's gas station about 5 miles from Bald Mountain. You may acquire your license on line by going to: http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/con...?txtDocument=30

The park sells bait and some fishing gear.
__________________
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 03:56 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Al V's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Posts: 314
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
and what pray tell is wrong with 24 deserts?
unless it was a case of Bud lol
personally I like true pot lucks
__________________
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:25 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Susan Tiller's Avatar
 
Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Posts: 199
Quote:
<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">Help Needed!
</span>
[b]
FOOD COORDINATOR
Looking at the great pictures from Rock Crusher II I see that plenty of fellowship of the fork activities occured. It would be great if we could have at least one such group activity at our get together. Cooking in mass quantities is not one of my life skills. (I'm single. I'm not incented to improve.) So since I don't cook it probably would be a bit ambitious for me to try and coordinate that activity for others. Can someone in our group volunteer to put a plan together for a potluck or something? (The last one I had anything to do with had 42 desserts and nothing else.)

The Volunteer Food Coordinator needs to call the park and speak with the owner, Pam. She will discuss with you what is available, dishes, pots and so on. The pavilion we have reserved has a kitchen and seating for 200.
A few questions as this is my first time. On the potluck, this to me means everyone brings an item for the meal. How do people come up with this item? Do they plan ahead and bring it with them? Do they go to the nearest store and buy something to bring? I am not sure just how this works with camping. If it is to be something brought like a ham, stuff for BBQ, veggies, etc., how do we get them to sign up and say what they are bringing ahead of time? Just need to know info before I bite the bullet and say....you know...that I will do it.
__________________
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:02 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Des Nolan's Avatar
 
Name: Des and Diane (D & D)
Trailer: Boler 1300, 1977 (#2033, "L EGGO")
Ontario
Posts: 260
Hi Everyone

We agree with Al. Bring or buy whatever strikes your fancy -- main, salad or desert -- and your own cutlery, plate, and drink. All that the host needs to provide is a table to hold the stuff. It always works out, and that's half the fun of it.

By the way Al, what's in your new Avitar? It looks like a sheepskin, or a big cotton ball?

It won't be long now! Happy Easter to All.

Des & Diane
__________________
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:01 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Susan Tiller's Avatar
 
Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Posts: 199
Thank You!!!!! Des & Diane. That sounds like a plan to me. I am all for easy and things just working out.

OK Benita, with the great wisdom of Des & Diane, I will be your FOOD COORDINATOR.
__________________
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:15 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Al V's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Posts: 314
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
New avitar is water coming over the bow of a zodiac . aka tidal bore Nova Scotia
__________________
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:48 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Al V's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Posts: 314
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
A lot of what i make depend on the weather.
It it is raining i might make Yellow rice and sauasage or Not really lasagna lasagna
if it nice out and the grill coals get hot Grilled veggies, or Clam chowda.
What ever ends up getting made i shoot for about 8 portions. why 8 welll because we are going to eat and afterward we can say we 8
duck's out of throwing range
__________________
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Susan Tiller's Avatar
 
Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Posts: 199
Yep..the ducks. All sounds good to me. Someone might want to do the baked potatoe thing. You know cook em at home, heat them up, and provide and toppings. Some chili might be good as we are already doing the pool opening with that theme. Hot dogs on the grill, or cooked in a black iron skillet are aways a favorite with chips and baked beans. A low country boil would be so cool. Deserts, let's not forget these, right Al? Since we have a big fridge, ice cream is even possible.

I am in Site 41 near the pavilion. A "sitting duck" to see to this Saturday night or do we want it Sunday night , potluck fun gathering.

Someone bring music....zydeco, square dance, what ever so we can have a night to remember. Oh yes, BYOB, cokes, tea, bud etc.
__________________
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
Benita's Avatar
 
Name: Benita
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Georgia
Posts: 608
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Quote:
A few questions as this is my first time. On the potluck, this to me means everyone brings an item for the meal. How do people come up with this item? Do they plan ahead and bring it with them? Do they go to the nearest store and buy something to bring? I am not sure just how this works with camping. If it is to be something brought like a ham, stuff for BBQ, veggies, etc., how do we get them to sign up and say what they are bringing ahead of time? Just need to know info before I bite the bullet and say....you know...that I will do it.
Hey Susan,

I see you got responses to your query. Potlucks are run like the person in charge says they are. The laid back approach seems to be the preferred way here. Some folks do a sign up list for veggies, meats, desserts and so on to be sure that there is enough assortment to constitute a meal. Others just say, "Bring something." and are happy with whatever shows up. Both approaches work.
__________________
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:23 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Susan Tiller's Avatar
 
Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Posts: 199
Quote:
Hey Susan,

I see you got responses to your query. Potlucks are run like the person in charge says they are. The laid back approach seems to be the preferred way here. Some folks do a sign up list for veggies, meats, desserts and so on to be sure that there is enough assortment to constitute a meal. Others just say, "Bring something." and are happy with whatever shows up. Both approaches work.
Benita, something go lost in the shuffle, or I did not say it correctly. I know how a potluck works when you are not camping, know the phone #'s of folks coming, or at least email addresses. Planned quite a few and filled in on the areas of foods that weren't covered or not enough being brought by others.
I do not know of any way to do this the "standard way" with potential participants scattered here and there, no way to let them sign up ahead of time, contact them and see if they want to be included, and cover any food areas that are short.
I, for one, want to enjoy my first meet and not stress over this. I plan to go kayaking, visit with other "eggers", see what others have done to their eggs. Cooking a bunch, chasing people down to see if they even want to do this and [b]WHEN (lost in shuffle also), and chewing my nails is just not me.
[b]"Doing a list forsign up" is an I will do on poster boad and place in the pavilion.
[b]Bring enough for your family/visitors and utensils to eat with/on
[b]Clean up after our meal I will take care of for sure
I hope this will do it and I am sure we will all have fun. Please post [b]when we will have our meal and let me know if I left anything out. Thank you so much for getting us all together! We appreciate you.
__________________
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:13 PM   #55
Junior Member
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Georgia
Posts: 10
Quote:
Benita, something go lost in the shuffle, or I did not say it correctly. I know how a potluck works when you are not camping, know the phone #'s of folks coming, or at least email addresses. Planned quite a few and filled in on the areas of foods that weren't covered or not enough being brought by others.
I do not know of any way to do this the "standard way" with potential participants scattered here and there, no way to let them sign up ahead of time, contact them and see if they want to be included, and cover any food areas that are short.
I, for one, want to enjoy my first meet and not stress over this. I plan to go kayaking, visit with other "eggers", see what others have done to their eggs. Cooking a bunch, chasing people down to see if they even want to do this and [b]WHEN (lost in shuffle also), and chewing my nails is just not me.
[b]"Doing a list forsign up" is an I will do on poster boad and place in the pavilion.
[b]Bring enough for your family/visitors and utensils to eat with/on
[b]Clean up after our meal I will take care of for sure
I hope this will do it and I am sure we will all have fun. Please post [b]when we will have our meal and let me know if I left anything out. Thank you so much for getting us all together! We appreciate you.
__________________
Mike A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #56
Junior Member
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Georgia
Posts: 10
Hi all, long time Lurker her. I just signed up for the Georgia Gathering at the end of next month. I will be in site number 42 and look forward to meeting you fellow Egg owners.

Mike A
__________________

__________________
Mike A is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
beautiful weekend in georgia ricky w. General Chat 14 02-03-2008 01:48 PM
Georgia Spring Rally DonInChatt Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 38 10-16-2007 07:32 PM
Looking for 13-17 ft near Georgia Jeff Wood Wanted: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers 3 05-22-2007 10:19 AM
SE - N Georgia Campout has a subforum Benita General Chat 0 04-21-2006 10:24 AM
SE -N Georgia Gathering Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.