CA Sept 13-17 2012: Northern California Gathering - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Scamp 16 deluxe "Lil Nut"
Smile Sept 13-17 2012: Northern California Gathering

Announcing the Northern California Fiberglass RV Gathering

We’ll be roundin’ up for this year’s Fourth Annual Northern California Gathering from September 13 -17 at Hat Creek Hereford Ranch RV Park and Campground, just down the road (Highway 89) a piece from McArthur Burney Falls Memorial State Park.
The park is situated in a rustic, grassy area among the pines in the midst of a working cattle ranch. Organizers working with park owners were able to obtain water and electric sites for $33.50 per night per rig. Dry camping sites are available for $27.00 per night for those who like to “rough it.” These fees are “out the door,” and include taxes and surcharges for air conditioner/heater use. To maintain the peaceful quiet of the park, generators are not allowed. Restrooms, showers, and laundry room are on site. There is an rv dump station with no charge for guests of the park. Pets are welcome. They must be kept on a leash and there is a $1 per day surcharge.

The park includes a covered, lighted group meeting area and trout stocked private lake with swimming beach. Fishing is also available in Hat Creek which runs through the ranch. Hereford Ranch is in a quiet, off highway location. Nearby points of interest include Burney Falls, Subway Cave (an excellent example of a large lava tube), Lassen National Park (north entrance), Lakes Helen and Manzanita, and the Hat Creek Radio Observatory.

There are a limited number of electric/water spaces. These are extra long spaces and we will be able to put two of our rigs on each space. Reservations for all spaces (dry, and water/electric) are now being accepted. A deposit of $30 per rig is required. Earl Arrants is our wagon master and will be taking deposits and site assignments. If you have questions, and wish to make a deposit, you may reach us by personal message through this website.

Hat Creek Hereford Ranch RV Park and Campground is located at 17855 Doty Road; Hat Creek, CA 96040. For more information and pictures visit their website at index.

Hope to see you in September!
Earl Arrants
Michele and Alan Weinel

Old 06-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #2

Name: Steve & Terri
Trailer: 2004 Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
California
Hi Earl, we have the date penciled on our calendar. Were currently back east on an RV trip, will make reservations when we return in mid-July. thanks.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #3

Steve and Terri, Glad to hear from you. It would help us, at this time, to know if you will be planning on staying 2, 3, or 4 nights so we can pencil you in to a site. Can you send me a reply through this forum? Thanks - - Earl
Old 06-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19ft
Central Coast of Cal
Ann and I might be making the trek up there this year. Sounds like fun. Friends living in the area so what the heck.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #5

Hi Greg,
We will be glad to see you at Hereford Ranch. Reservations are starting to come in. As soon as you know for sure, please let us know so we can put your name on a site. You can contact us through personal message from this site. An updated list of friends attending this year is located over on Casita Forum, post #2.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
JCZ

Name: JC
Trailer: in the market
California
We're not egg owners just yet. Just exploring this venture/life.

At the suggestion of other members here, my wife and I may stop by to visit for a bit. We leave for vacation on that Friday Sept. 14.

We don't have a trailer and will be sleeping in the back of our truck.

Hopefully we'll be able to meet a few owners and talk with them about the eggs and the life style and ventures that go with it.

Personally, I'm interested in the 5th wheel scamp or the Escape 5.0 trailers.

Anyway, look forward to meeting a few of you.

JC
Old 07-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
JCZ

California
I forgot to mention.....we just spent three days last week in the Burney area with a group of motorcyclists. It's a beautiful area with a lot to do in close proximity.

Of course you all know about the Burney Falls however, there's also three falls (very easy access.....even easier than Burney Falls) just south of McCloud on Hwy. 89. And the little town of McCloud is also an interesting little place to visit.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ View Post
We're not egg owners just yet. Just exploring this venture/life.

At the suggestion of other members here, my wife and I may stop by to visit for a bit. We leave for vacation on that Friday Sept. 14.

We don't have a trailer and will be sleeping in the back of our truck.

Hopefully we'll be able to meet a few owners and talk with them about the eggs and the life style and ventures that go with it.

Personally, I'm interested in the 5th wheel scamp or the Escape 5.0 trailers.

Anyway, look forward to meeting a few of you.

JC
Hi JC! Glad to hear from you. You are most welcome to join us for the weekend. I'm sure Hat Creek Hereford Ranch will be able to find a place to park your sleeping truck. Plan to join us for our potluck on Saturday evening AND potluck brunch on Sunday. We'll be glad to give you all the free advice we have!

So far we have ten trailers signed up. There are 4 Scamp 5ers, a 19' Escape pull trailer, a couple of Casitas, and a vintage 13' Scamp. You can also contact us through PM (Personal Message) through this website. We'll look forward to seeing you in September. I agree, the Burney area is beautiful. - - Earl
Old 07-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #9

Name: Steve & Terri
Trailer: 2004 Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
California
Northern California Gathering

Howdy Earl, do you have a list of those planning to attend?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #10
JCZ

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Arrants View Post
Hi JC! Glad to hear from you. You are most welcome to join us for the weekend. I'm sure Hat Creek Hereford Ranch will be able to find a place to park your sleeping truck. Plan to join us for our potluck on Saturday evening AND potluck brunch on Sunday. We'll be glad to give you all the free advice we have!

So far we have ten trailers signed up. There are 4 Scamp 5ers, a 19' Escape pull trailer, a couple of Casitas, and a vintage 13' Scamp. You can also contact us through PM (Personal Message) through this website. We'll look forward to seeing you in September. I agree, the Burney area is beautiful. - - Earl
Thank you Earl. We'll probably not spend more than the Fri. night and part of the day Sat.

We'll be anxious to move on with our original vacation plans.....Trinity mountains, redwoods, the coast, etc.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve & Terri View Post
Howdy Earl, do you have a list of those planning to attend?
A little late in answering this. I've been Scamping around. An updated attendance list is located over on Casitaforum.com, post #2. I keep adding names as they come in. Visitors can visit that thread without signing in. We are located at Upcoming, Other meets, Northern California Hat Creek Hereford Ranch. As usual, interested persons can contact me by using the PM (Personal Message) through THIS website.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #12

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Here's a direct link to post #2 that Earl referrenced on the CasitaForum:
Northern California Gathering - Sept 13-17, 2012 Hat Creek Hereford Ranch
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #13
JCZ

California
We'll we've got the build sheet on our Escape 5.0. Delivery date of Jan. 28th. Pretty much all the options they listed and a few modifications at the factory before we take possession of it.

We plan to show up, at least for the Friday evening and/or part of Sat. at this GTG (get together). We look forward to meeting some of you.

Of course, the icing on the cake would be if somebody showed up with an Escape 5.0. We're not to optamistic of that happening since nobody in Calif. has bought one from them.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ View Post
We'll we've got the build sheet on our Escape 5.0. Delivery date of Jan. 28th. Pretty much all the options they listed and a few modifications at the factory before we take possession of it.

We plan to show up, at least for the Friday evening and/or part of Sat. at this GTG (get together). We look forward to meeting some of you.

Of course, the icing on the cake would be if somebody showed up with an Escape 5.0. We're not to optamistic of that happening since nobody in Calif. has bought one from them.
Congratulations on being (almost) a fiberglass RV owner! We look forward to seeing you on Friday. We do have an 09 Escape 19' pull trailer on our attendance roster.

BTW: We do have several spots left for the Nor Cal Gathering. Any of our Fiberglass RVer friends are still invited to join us. Contact me by Personal Message through this website for complete information. So far, we have 12 rigs with confirmed reservations and several more on the way.