ON Sept 14-16, 2012: Niagara Wine Escape 2012 - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #71

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Arrived safely across border, no fanfare at all. What a lovely place, right on the river.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #72

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: cpaharley2008... Glad you like our Niagara Riverside. Hope you're all settled in. Be there noonish tomorrow. Sorry no one was there to play the fanfare!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Old 09-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #73

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter Dave View Post
I've been on the road for a couple of weeks now. I do not have anything left for the pot luck but I did pick up a dozen ears of peaches and cream corn from the market in St. Jacobs today. They should still be fresh enough for Saturday night. Hope there is a big pot available or a few small ones I can borrow...
See you tomorrow afternoon.
Scouter Dave.
Hi: Scouter Dave... Just packed our big roaster pan for cookin' corn. Sounds yummy. OOPs that reminds me I have to make some garlic butter. Hope someone will bring some buns!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #74

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
I'm going to wait for morning to do a trailer count. The really good news is the rain is done!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #75

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Oswego, NY
Registry
I have a bunch of photos from the 2012 Niagara Wine Escape at 2012 Niagara Wine Escape.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #76

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Ready to hitch
and last to leave

It was another very pleasant meet
Attached Thumbnails
image-2232031980.jpg   image-571792974.jpg  

Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #77

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
Thanks to Elf and his wife for another great rally and thanks to Escape Trailers for many of the door prizes.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #78

Registry
Jon
Thanks for the memories that you do in pictures
Old 09-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #79

Ontario
Registry
Hi: All...In the end we had a grand rally total of 20 fiberglass units. 6 Escapes (3 5.0s 2 19'ers 1 17 'er.), 4 Bolers ( 13'ers), 3 Bigfoots (2 17'ers 1 Lil Bg.' 13'er), 3 Trilliums (2 1300s 1 4500), 2 Compact Jrs., 1 Scamp 5th. wh., and 1 Surfside.
Thankyou to all who took pictures and have shared them. Big THANKYOU to Reace& Tammy for the great draw prizes and also to those who gave some too.
Ian& Jenny for the hand wrought iron trailer sized fire poker.
The Borbelys for the free stay at The Riverside Pk. in 2013.
Cathy& John for the set of Awning Lights.
Doug& Beckey for the Collapsable Stove.
To everyone who shared in the fun and food...YOU made the weekend GREAT!!! See you in 2013.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #80

Name: Mrshobo
Trailer: Triple E
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S.
Hi: All...In the end we had a grand rally total of 20 fiberglass units. 6 Escapes (3 5.0s 2 19'ers 1 17 'er.), 4 Bolers ( 13'ers), 3 Bigfoots (2 17'ers 1 Lil Bg.' 13'er), 3 Trilliums (2 1300s 1 4500), 2 Compact Jrs., 1 Scamp 5th. wh., and 1 Surfside.
Thankyou to all who took pictures and have shared them. Big THANKYOU to Reace& Tammy for the great draw prizes and also to those who gave some too.
Ian& Jenny for the hand wrought iron trailer sized fire poker.
The Borbelys for the free stay at The Riverside Pk. in 2013.
Cathy& John for the set of Awning Lights.
Doug& Beckey for the Collapsable Stove.
To everyone who shared in the fun and food...YOU made the weekend GREAT!!! See you in 2013.
Thank you Alf to you and your wife for everything, we had a great time AGAIN.
Look forward to seeing everyone again

Mrs hobo
Old 09-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #81

Name: Doug and Becky
Florida
Registry
Had a great time Meeting Everyone again

Hello,
Thanks Alf for organizing this event again. Thanks to Jon for the great pics. We are on our way east and then south to Florida. We have started a blog of our travels for our friends to watch where we are located. It is at the following link.
Keep in Touch
Becky and Doug Asbury
twosailers@gmail.com

http://tweetytravelfall2012.blogspot/
Attached Thumbnails
1347947592289.jpg   1347947592692.jpg  

Old 10-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #82

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Tale of woe
Interesting story on our trip to/fro Niagara Falls, Cn. New passport for all 3 of us, 2 dogs, worried about the dog food situation, breezed thru Canadian customs on way to rally. On return trip, remember's Alf pepper fiasco and I had an apple in my sink under the cover. We crossed the bridge back into states , present passports and got stopped. "We would like to inspect your trailer and all 3 need to go to customs, please pull over there". I locked the truck with both dogs inside, locked the trailer, disconnected the plug and went into customs. We sat until our name was called, All 3 of us went up and they instructed Noelia and Brittany to sit and wanted just me. They asked me if my passport has ever been stolen or lost? I said no, it is only 30 days new. They then wanted to know my password? I looked at them, he looked at the screen, called over 2 more agents, they looked at the screen and said to me, "It says there is a password on the account" Again I had no idea what they wanted. They told me to sit down and conferred. Because an event 3 years ago someone had used my cc on line and ordered $5k of items from Las Vegas. I had tracked them down to an apt in New Jersey. The cc company said I needed a police report and they would reverse the charges. I called local police, filed report gave them the perpetrator's name and that was done. But unknown to me, that report has a password that I must have given to the policeman, which I thought was for the report. Well this is/was the password that had frozen my account with customs. I said, I had no idea and questioned why was I given a passport without this "ID" and showed them my photo id permit to carry, my old government id and said that was all I had other than my license and passport. Finally, they said ok, you are free to go and we rushed out of there. I said let's go, I'm not waiting for them to inspect the trailer and find that apple. We rushed back to the vehicle, got in and I took off down the road. Finally a minute later I realized, "Oh crap" I forgot to reattach the trailer plug. There it was, scrapping along the ground, I lost about 1/2 inch rubber on one side, but everything still worked when I plugged in.
Upon return I went down to local police department and asked for a copy of the police report, they said they do not have it, all they have is an incident number and an online version. I explained I needed to see it to get my password that is someplace on the report. she asked for my license and then wrote down on a piece of paper the password.
So in conclusion, remember your password if your identity has ever been stolen.
Postscript:
Went to a wedding this week and there was another person there with the exact same name as mine. Thinking there was a mistake, I sought out this other guest to see who it was. We started talking and later I mentioned the password episode and the false Las Vegas charges on my cc. This other person looked at me and said with a straight face "You know my wife and I wanted to send you a thank you note for paying for our wedding in Las Vegas, but we had not had to opportunity until now"
We both burst out laughing.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #83

Ontario
Registry
Hi: cpaharley2008... My wife had her CC hacked while we were in Tenn. at the rally this spring. I haven't complained yet as they don't spend as much money!!! LoL
Old 10-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #84

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Great story Jim!

You have me worried about my next crossing into the US of A. If Homeland Security was watching you, they probably know that we emailed and spoke on the telephone regarding the awning you graciously facilitated the purchase and shipping from the US for me.

It was great meeting your family and pups, I really appreciate what you did.
Thanks again.
Roy

Tags
escape