ON Sept 14-16, 2012: Niagara Wine Escape 2012 - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2012, 05:42 AM   #81

Name: Doug and Becky
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Registry
Had a great time Meeting Everyone again

Hello,
Thanks Alf for organizing this event again. Thanks to Jon for the great pics. We are on our way east and then south to Florida. We have started a blog of our travels for our friends to watch where we are located. It is at the following link.
Keep in Touch
Becky and Doug Asbury
twosailers@gmail.com

http://tweetytravelfall2012.blogspot/
Attached Thumbnails
1347947592289.jpg   1347947592692.jpg  

CompactJR-Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #82

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Tale of woe
Interesting story on our trip to/fro Niagara Falls, Cn. New passport for all 3 of us, 2 dogs, worried about the dog food situation, breezed thru Canadian customs on way to rally. On return trip, remember's Alf pepper fiasco and I had an apple in my sink under the cover. We crossed the bridge back into states , present passports and got stopped. "We would like to inspect your trailer and all 3 need to go to customs, please pull over there". I locked the truck with both dogs inside, locked the trailer, disconnected the plug and went into customs. We sat until our name was called, All 3 of us went up and they instructed Noelia and Brittany to sit and wanted just me. They asked me if my passport has ever been stolen or lost? I said no, it is only 30 days new. They then wanted to know my password? I looked at them, he looked at the screen, called over 2 more agents, they looked at the screen and said to me, "It says there is a password on the account" Again I had no idea what they wanted. They told me to sit down and conferred. Because an event 3 years ago someone had used my cc on line and ordered $5k of items from Las Vegas. I had tracked them down to an apt in New Jersey. The cc company said I needed a police report and they would reverse the charges. I called local police, filed report gave them the perpetrator's name and that was done. But unknown to me, that report has a password that I must have given to the policeman, which I thought was for the report. Well this is/was the password that had frozen my account with customs. I said, I had no idea and questioned why was I given a passport without this "ID" and showed them my photo id permit to carry, my old government id and said that was all I had other than my license and passport. Finally, they said ok, you are free to go and we rushed out of there. I said let's go, I'm not waiting for them to inspect the trailer and find that apple. We rushed back to the vehicle, got in and I took off down the road. Finally a minute later I realized, "Oh crap" I forgot to reattach the trailer plug. There it was, scrapping along the ground, I lost about 1/2 inch rubber on one side, but everything still worked when I plugged in.
Upon return I went down to local police department and asked for a copy of the police report, they said they do not have it, all they have is an incident number and an online version. I explained I needed to see it to get my password that is someplace on the report. she asked for my license and then wrote down on a piece of paper the password.
So in conclusion, remember your password if your identity has ever been stolen.
Postscript:
Went to a wedding this week and there was another person there with the exact same name as mine. Thinking there was a mistake, I sought out this other guest to see who it was. We started talking and later I mentioned the password episode and the false Las Vegas charges on my cc. This other person looked at me and said with a straight face "You know my wife and I wanted to send you a thank you note for paying for our wedding in Las Vegas, but we had not had to opportunity until now"
We both burst out laughing.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #83

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: cpaharley2008... My wife had her CC hacked while we were in Tenn. at the rally this spring. I haven't complained yet as they don't spend as much money!!! LoL
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #84

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Great story Jim!

You have me worried about my next crossing into the US of A. If Homeland Security was watching you, they probably know that we emailed and spoke on the telephone regarding the awning you graciously facilitated the purchase and shipping from the US for me.

It was great meeting your family and pups, I really appreciate what you did.
Thanks again.
Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #85

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
You are welcome, glad you made a good deal.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape