AB Sept 15-18, 2011: 4th Annual Alberta Omelette - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #1

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Boler
Registry
Sept 15-18, 2011: 4th Annual Alberta Omelette

Hey Everybody!

I just booked the site for our fourth annual Alberta Omelette at Miquelon Lake Provincial Park in Camrose, AB.

There are two changes this year....I have eggstended our reservation to 3 days instead of 2, and I had to book one week later due to first-come-first-serve reservations. Our booking this year is September 15-18, 2011 in group site 7. I had to book then. If I wanted the week earlier, I would have had to take group site 5, with no showers and older/smaller buildings.

We look forward to seeing everybody for our 4th year!!

Darla & Craig Black
mortcd@shaw.ca
Craig B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #2

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig B. View Post
Hey Everybody!

I just booked the site for our fourth annual Alberta Omelette at Miquelon Lake Provincial Park in Camrose, AB.

There are two changes this year....I have eggstended our reservation to 3 days instead of 2, and I had to book one week later due to first-come-first-serve reservations. Our booking this year is September 15-18, 2011 in group site 7. I had to book then. If I wanted the week earlier, I would have had to take group site 5, with no showers and older/smaller buildings.

We look forward to seeing everybody for our 4th year!!

Darla & Craig Black
mortcd@shaw.ca

How do we book a spot? I know it is only 9 months away, don't want to miss it!

Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:17 AM   #3

Registry
4th Annual Alberta Omelette

Hi Rick

We post this so early so everyone knows that we were able to get our usual spot. Miquelon Lake is a first-come-first-served campground and I have to call in early January to get our spot....that being said, there is no official registration. We book the site and everybody comes on that weekend and registers with us. We only ask for email confirmation that you're coming. When you arrive...then you pay us and stay for the weekend.
There will also be postings on here, boler-ama, facebook, kijiji etc. etc. closer to the actual date to let everyone know all the details.

Thanks
Craig & Darla
Old 06-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Hi Craig & Darla,
It was great to meet you this weekend at the Taidnapum WANOG.
I thought I'd post this here to bump up the Alberta Omelette meet.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #5

Name: janel
Trailer: 77surfside TM 14 & 79 argosy
Alberta
4th albeta gathering

Yippee!
We will be there rain or shine, (though we usually bring the rain when we camp, sorry).

Sad to say, we sold 77 surfside, and upgraded to 79 argosy. not a fiberglass wonder, but has a huge cool factor.

Let me know if i can bring a couple of personalized door prizes for us cool folks.
janel & co.
janel.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #6

Registry
Hi Janel & Co.

We would really appreciate if you DID NOT bring rain with you...it's only July 12 and we're already tired of it...LOL

We welcome everybody and all types of trailers/rv's we're not prejudice...(Boler wanna be's can come too...) he he

You are welcome to bring anything that you may want to donate to the "door prize pool"

We are looking forward to seeing old familiar faces and many new ones, according to the number of emails we've been getting.

Darla & Craig
Old 08-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #7

Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300 (Glass-Fab
Registry
I'll be able to attend this year! Yippee!
Mike Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #8

Trailer: 73 Boler and 78 Biggar
Looking forward to attending this year !
It appears there might be at least three trailers
from the Lloyd area (so far) planning to attend this year !
John J. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #9

Registry
4th Annual Alberta Omelette

Hey Everybody!!!

Now since it's only 39 sleeps till we see each other at Miquelon Lake, I thought I'd throw out a reminder to everyone that our gathering is coming up...

We gather every September, usually on the weekend after Labour Day. This year there was a mess-up at the campground and I had to take the following weekend. September 15th to 18th, 2011. (we have eggstended our stay to three nights this year due to popular demand)

It is at Miquelon Lake Provincial Park in group site #7. You do not register at the campground or campground office. Please come and register with us at our trailer after you arrive. The cost is $30 per night. (PLease bring cash only) The fee includes electrical hook-ups, modern bathrooms (with pay showers, loonie if I remember correctly) and a large covered, heated area for our pot-luck dinner.

It is a very informal gathering, so far we haven't decided on any scheduled events other than the show and tell on Saturday afternoon, the potluck dinner on Saturday evening with a group bonfire to follow, (please bring a bit of wood to donate to the cause) and also any musical instruments and/or talent as Craig and I have none!!

One of last years attendees wants to do a geocaching hike this year. (for those that don't know what geocaching is, see the Geocaching link below)

Just send us an email if you plan to attend, and we look forward to seeing old familiar faces as well as new faces every year. Below are a few links that I have included for you to check out. The flickr site has pics from the previous years and the youtube link has a film that was made by one of our attendees last year.

Any other questions or concerns, please feel free to email us.

Sincerely,

Craig & Darla Black
mortcd@shaw.ca

Flickr: Alberta Omelette

http://forums.delphiforums.com/bolerama/start/

Fiberglass RV - Powered by vBulletin

Miquelon Lake Provincial Park

Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site
Old 08-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #10

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Wish we could be there!

Hey Craig and Darla, I know you will have a great rally and a great time. Nice meeting you last year and wish we could be there at yours. Maybe next year.
Roland and Noella
Old 08-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #11

Registry
Hey Roland and Noella

I was looking at the pics from your gathering last week, and it looks like we missed a good one. Glad to see you got popular really fast...

We wish you could come to ours too...maybe next year.

Take care!!

Darla & Craig
Old 09-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #12

Registry
Craig and I just want to extend a HUGE thank you to everyone who made this year’s Omelette a special, fun and emotional one.

We met a lot of new people and saw some familiar faces this year.

We would like to thank those that donated prizes to the door prize pool, and we would really like to thank those of you that brought some talent along, as Craig and I would be lost without you.

As usual, the potluck was FABULOUS!! We always have the best food…

We hope everyone had a chance to view trailers during the show and tell.

WE CAN’T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR! It’s all of the attendees that make our gathering so special…

xoxoxo,
Darla
Old 09-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #13

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Once again the Alberta weather came through for us. It was a great weekened despite some chilly mornings. The evening jam sessions around the fire were fabulous - it's amazing the songs that folks know and what voices. At one point - 4 guitars, a mandolyn, a drum and Wrays' special instrument - what fun!!

Thanks Darla and Craig for once again hosting a great weekend. You two are amazing. Can't wait for next year!!

Sheila and the girls (Fyfa, Kenzie and Bunnah)
SMcNary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #14

Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300 (Glass-Fab
Registry
Major fun indeed. Love the "Last Chance" moniker, it truly tested the lower temperature capabilities of the straining Suburban Furnace in the Pull-it Surprise.
Mind you, as I mentioned to Darla, It might well be renamed the "Second Chance" to commemorate the wacky fortune of the elderly lady whose confused wanderings landed her in Group Area 7. What luck!
Amazed at the capabilities of the Nova Kool fridge, which hardly dented the battery in the trailer.
Hope the schedule allows a repeat next year...!

Cheers

Mike
Mike Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #15

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Vic and I had a great time! We already have next year's marked on the calendar! We'll be there - and from further away since we will likely be in SW Saskatchewan by then. But it will be worth the drive. Thanks again Darla and Craig. We really appreciate all the work you do!

Dianne
Dianne Dohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #16

Trailer: 73 Boler and 78 Biggar
Had a blast , even with the cold evenings
looking forward to hopefully attending next years omellette !
John J. M is offline   Reply With Quote