MN Sept. 19th -23rd Eggfest Duluth. Fall Colors Rally - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #29

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaJill View Post
Hey fusedlight... I live in South Saint Paul! Didn't know about your band ... But now I do! What instrument do you play?
Trombone! And... if you come you Have To Dance. All the Cool Kids dance. You ARE cool, right? Oh, and did I mention cheap burgers on Tuesday nights?

Old 08-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #30

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft Boler 13ft Scamp 13ft
So how many Fiber Glass trailers ownership does it take to be a senior member?
P & C

Old 08-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #31

Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip & Catherine View Post
So how many Fiber Glass trailers ownership does it take to be a senior member?
P & C
I think it's 100 postings.

Boy, have we digressed!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #32

Name: Jill
Trailer: Eggcamper
Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusedlight
Trombone! And... if you come you Have To Dance. All the Cool Kids dance. You ARE cool, right? Oh, and did I mention cheap burgers on Tuesday nights?
I'll seek you out and say hi! As for dancing ...... My husband doesn't .... So we'll probably just sit and enjoy the music. And the burgers.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #33

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
I just called Darrell to register. He said there are over 40 registered.

Nancy
Old 08-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #34

Trailer: 1992 13 ft Scamp
Eggfest duluth

We spent some time at the campground Friday checking up on the arrangements. We can use the indoor facilities Wednesday Thursday and Friday nights if the weather requires. There is a wedding Saturday in that facility.

There has been talk of a bread baking activity Thursday or Friday for those interested. More information on this to follow.

One attendee has offered to make pancakes for breakfast on Friday.
Another person has volunteered to bake several loaves of bread for toast for Thursday morning. Anybody want to volunteer to make their specialty breakfast item on Thursday morning for the group. Let us know.

D&D
Old 08-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #35

Minnesota
Registry
Is there going to be some sort of sign-up for the pot-luck?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #36

Gary,

I suspect pot luck will be Friday evening for those wanting to attend. In the past pot luck is to just bring whatever you want.

Diane, it sounds like those of us who want to participate can join in the morning both Thursday and Friday, and you are telling us that both bread and pancakes are taken care of on those two days. The rest of us should bring other things if we want?

nancy
Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #37

Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaJill View Post
Hey fusedlight... I live in South Saint Paul! Didn't know about your band ... But now I do! What instrument do you play?
Saw these folks last night at the gig!!! It's always fun to meet somewhere other than "the aether". See you next month in Duluth!
Old 08-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #38

Trailer: 1992 13 ft Scamp
Eggfest Duluth update

We now have about 42 rigs signed up for the event. All we need now is for the weather stay seasonal. If you are still interested we will have space for you. For more detailed info check out the event web site.

There is a link on post #7 this thread.

or https://www.sites.google.com/site/eggfestduluth/

If that does not work Google Eggfest Duluth Duluth.

D&D
Old 09-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #39

North Shore Fall Colors - Fall Color Reports for the Minnesota North Shore Duluth and Grand Marais

The trees around northern MN are beginning to turn. They are stressed this year and the colors seem to be earlier.

This should be a great gathering. Sadly many of us will need to put our rigs to bed after this Eggfest.

Just a few days before we gather.

Nancy
Old 09-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #40

Name: alvin
Trailer: '72 Boler 13ft
Manitoba
Looking forward to the rally, it will be my first attending one. First time in Duluth area, so I may be more out and about than at campground, hiking, biking sightseeing etc, hope that won't offend. However potluck, breakfast and I'm sure a good sit around fire will be wonderfull.

I am wondering if there still is any electrical sites left?
Old 09-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #41

Alvin,

Welcome. Diane is going to do magic with the electric issue. Do you guys carry cube heaters that run on our 110? We will be sharing electricity.

Not sure what route you will be driving but I wanted to point out a lovely campground on Hwy 2, just west of Grand Rapids, MN.

Pokegama Dam is a Corps of Engineers campground. It has 19 electrical sites. When you come past I believe all will be non reservable. They quit reservations about now and become first come first serve until snow closes the road. This campground is on the Mississippi River and right next to the highway. there are some trees between the hwy and campground. We live so close that we have never camped there, so I am not sure about the road noise. If you do not want to camp there be sure to make it a rest stop as it is lovely for scenery.

Regarding hiking. If you could give me some idea what distances and what type of difficulty you are comfortable with I will have recommendations for you. We may not be able to meet, unsure of our health, but I will be sure to have a hiking info ready for you at your camp site. Also, if you have never been up the North Shore and you want to consider that during your stay let me know because you then need to know the best places there to hike.

Oh. Again depending on what route you take. If you are in the slow, smell the roses drive mind, there is a very pretty stretch of highway north of Grand Rapids. Hwy 38 twists and curves up and down over the continental divide through very pretty (though stressed this year) maple trees. It is not a fast road. It is paved but there are not passing opportunities for fast drivers. This road would enter Grand Rapids east of the Pokegama Dam.

Have a safe journey.

Nancy
Old 09-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #42

5 days is a very short time to do Duluth. I hope some of you who have never been there, or up the North Shore will have time to do both. If your time permits, spend your days in the Duluth area and then add days to drive up the shore. If I had only a few days to do it all, well that would be difficult for me.

Nancy

Tags
fall, rally