OH Sept. 20-23 2012: 8th ANNUAL OHIO FALL GATHERING - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #1

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
Sept. 20-23 2012: 8th ANNUAL OHIO FALL GATHERING

Everyone is welcome at our rally Thursday, Sept. 20, through Sunday, Sept. 23, 2012. Some are coming a day earlier, and some leaving on Monday instead of Sunday, so any time you want to come is fine! We have a BIG assortment of fiberglass "egg" campers (Casita, Scamp, etc.) which people are welcome to tour Sat. a.m. after breakfast. It is fun to share ideas.

Details are attached. It is held at Caesar Creek State Park near the jct. of I-71 & I-73 in Ohio.

On Friday night we will have a campfire for pie iron cooking OR cook on a grill. BRING YOUR OWN MEAT, DRINKS (NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED IN STATE PARKS) & TABLE SERVICE TO ALL GROUP MEALS.

Sat. morning is our group carry-in breakfast and Sat. evening our carry-in group dinner (everyone is too stuffed to eat lunch that day!!)

We are in a PET LOOP. You can fill water tanks with a hose in our loop. Firewood cannot be brought into Ohio from other states. BIG FINE!!

All meals, etc. take place at site 149, so you may want to book as near that as you can. Sites are very large. The MAP function hasn't been working properly on the website, but Sandy keeps track of the best sites left, so feel free to contact her before booking OR call the campground # and tell them you want as close to site 149 in the E loop as you can get.

WHEN YOU BOOK A SITE, PLEASE SEND SANDY AN EMAIL THROUGH THE PRIVATE MESSAGING ON THIS SITE & LET HER KNOW WHICH SITE YOU BOOKED SO SHE CAN KEEP TRACK. PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, PHONE #, ETC. FOR SECURITY SAKE.

SANDY WILL SEND OUT OCCASIONAL UPDATES IN RED ON THIS SITE. PLEASE WATCH FOR THEM. THE BEST SITES AVAILABLE AS OF NOW ARE: 146,156-161, 189, 174-180. There are 8 other sites in this loop that are closer, but they just changed things & designated those "tent sites"! I am going to contact the head office & ask if there is any way we can still get those! They did it so they can't "overuse" electricity in any area.

Thanks,
Sandy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf rally info.pdf (41.2 KB, 52 views)
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Just booked site 189 arriving Thur Sep 20 and leaving Sunday.
Roy Bakehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #3

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Bakehorn View Post
Just booked site 189 arriving Thur Sep 20 and leaving Sunday.
I just looked at your rally info to see when yours is, Roy, and said, "Oops, I missed it again!" Really want to come over and try out your fish fry next year - put a bug in my ear early next year, ok?
Old 06-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #4

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Sandy, Roy's wife's apple cake makes it worth coming to the Ohio get together. Sure hope she is making that again this year.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #5

Ohio
OH, YEAH, it is delicious! Of course, there are SO many delicious dishes at our group meals, it is hard to pick a favorite! We now have 22 sites booked!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #6

Name: Corky
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16ft.
Illinois
Darlene & Corky Site 197
Courtland PieperCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #7

Ohio
rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtland PieperCo View Post
Darlene & Corky Site 197
So glad you are coming!! You won't be sorry! Sent you a private message.
Sandy
Old 07-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #8

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Webb View Post
So glad you are coming!! You won't be sorry! Sent you a private message.
Sandy
We now have 24 sites reserved. Am still trying to find out who is on site 158. If you know, please let Sandy know! When you book, please send Sandy, the rally coordinator, a PRIVATE MESSAGE - do not post online for security sake - with your email address, name, & contact info so she can keep you updated about the rally. Best sites left are probably 199, 179, 141 or 142, 161.
Sandy
Old 07-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #9

Name: Deb
Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16'
Indiana
Diane & I (Deb) just reserved #179 for 21st, 22nd & 23rd. Can't Wait!
Deb In Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #10

Ohio
WONDERFUL!! Can you please go to the PRIVATE message screen & send me your email address (do NOT post online for security sake) so I can send you updates, group meal info, etc.? Thanks, Sandy
Old 07-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #11

Ohio
email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtland PieperCo View Post
Darlene & Corky Site 197
Can you please go to the PRIVATE message screen & send me an email with your email address so I can keep you updated re the rally? Don't post online for security. Thanks, Sandy
Old 07-31-2012, 07:40 AM   #12

Ohio
Sept. Ohio Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb In Indy View Post
Diane & I (Deb) just reserved #179 for 21st, 22nd & 23rd. Can't Wait!
Looking forward to meeting you gals!
Sandy
Old 08-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #13

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Sandy, have you found out who the mystery campers are?
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #14

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry R. View Post
No - I guess someone just likes to mess with my mind! LOL! I am unable to send them rally updates, though, until I find out who they are!
Sandy
Old 08-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #15

Ohio
Line dancing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry R. View Post
WOW, I am REALLY excited! One of our "newbies this year" just volunteered (well, ok, I sort of drafted her, but she said ok!!) to teach line dancing at this year's rally. She teaches it at their winter place in FL, and when I read that, I asked her to help us! So, bring your cowboy boots, or comfy shoes & plan to have some fun!! I have 2 left feet, (ok, maybe 3 left feet!!) but I always thought this looked like great fun!! Sandy
Old 08-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #16

Ohio
When you book a site, please be sure to send Sandy a PRIVATE email with your email address in it so I can keep you updated with rally info! Thanks! Site 158 is still a mystery!![/COLOR][/B]
Old 08-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #17

Ohio
WOW! I am SO excited. One of our "newbies" this year volunteered (ok, so she got drafted, BUT she said ok!) to teach us line dancing at the rally. So bring your cowboy boots or comfy shoes & prepare for some fun! She teaches it at their place in Florida. I have 2 (ok, maybe even 3) left feet, but always thought this looked like fun!! Sandy
Old 08-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #18

Name: Deb
Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16'
Indiana
When you said you sort of drafted a newbie to teach line dancing, I panicked! I thought it was me! I don't know how to line dance so wouldn't be the greatest teacher..but I'm willing to get up and make a fool of myself learning!! Sounds like the whole weekend is going to be GREAT FUN!!
Deb In Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:06 AM   #19

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb In Indy View Post
When you said you sort of drafted a newbie to teach line dancing, I panicked! I thought it was me! I don't know how to line dance so wouldn't be the greatest teacher..but I'm willing to get up and make a fool of myself learning!! Sounds like the whole weekend is going to be GREAT FUN!!
LOL!! I would NEVER "draft" anyone without their permission. I have at least 2 & maybe 3 left feet. We actually have 6 "newbies" this year out of the 26 booked. I am so thrilled. Of course, you understand you may COME as a "stranger"...but you leave as part of our FAMILY!! When I received the list of hobbies and interests from one of the ladies, I noticed she said she and her husband LOVE to dance AND said she teaches line dancing at their winter home in Florida. Couldn't let an opportunity like that go untouched now, could I??? I asked her if she would mind and she said she enjoys it. She is bringing the music, etc. All you need to bring is your cowboy boots!! LOL!
Sandy
Old 08-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #20

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Billy & Claudia Sevel Reserved site#141.. yippee!
csevel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fall