OH Sept. 22-26, 2011: 7th Annual Ohio Fall Gathering - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #21

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
Talking about high water, I checked out the website for this campgrounds meet. There is a warning that the lake is currently 20' above normal, so they won't currently allow boating. Picnic shelters, street signs and water fountains are all below the surface. Wow, I sure hope the water levels drop soon.
I called the campgrounds office today & checked on those water levels at Caesar Creek. She said they had let the water out gradually, and it is back to normal levels now. WHEW! This is the first time I have ever heard of it flooding like this, but this has been an awful year for flooding.

We were scheduled to do a group camp Memorial Day weekend at Ft. Loramie, where we have had this campout for probably 25 years & they called us the day before & said it was flooded out and we could not come!

Sandy
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #22

Ohio
Quote:
Talking about high water, I checked out the website for this campgrounds meet. There is a warning that the lake is currently 20' above normal, so they won't currently allow boating. Picnic shelters, street signs and water fountains are all below the surface. Wow, I sure hope the water levels drop soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L. View Post
Dude! The Fish Fry is in the spring in Indiana. Don't dillute the brand!
We just want to share the good food people keep raving about! You KNOW how we love to eat!! Sandy
Old 06-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #23

Ohio
When I got online on the Caesar Creek website to check how many sites were left in the whole park a few weeks ago, there were tons of sites. Today when I got back on there, EVERY SITE IN THE PARK IS BOOKED SOLID EXCEPT THE 2 PET LOOPS (WE ARE IN ONE OF THOSE LOOPS). In a panic, I called the campground office to see what was going on, but the little gal didn’t know, so I got online & started searching for events going on that weekend. There is a Civil War Encampment going on, which I assume is responsible for it.

http://www.caesarscreekpioneervillage.com/CCPV/Cival_war_encampment.html

So, I would suggest if you are coming to the rally (and I sure hope you are!!) that you get your reservations in asap!! Snooze, you may lose the best rally of your life!! Since the only spots left are these 2 pet loops, people will be booking them whether or not they have a pet!! I have NEVER seen this park fill up before at the end of Sept. – in fact there are rarely very many people there that weekend, which is why we have had it then for several years!! The good news is that between each loop there is a LARGE grassy/treed area separating the loops, so it shouldn’t be too bad. The bad news is that they are filling up FAST!! Please get yours reserved today!!

We have 18 sites booked so far, as follows: 145, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 154, 156, 178, 179, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 192, 193, 194.

If you have not yet booked, may I suggest these sites first to be sure our group doesn’t get scattered: 146, 147, 153, 155, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184.

Here is a link to the State Park website for booking. After booking, please send me a private email to let me know which sites you reserved & for what dates or call me so I can update my roster for the handout at the rally.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/caesarck/tabid/720/Default.aspx

Sincerely,
Sandy
Old 07-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #24

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Ran into Sandy at Salt Fork, yesterday. We talked a little about the upcoming get together. Hope folks that want to come get their reservations in, because it is a fun time. The closer you are to the action the better. Terry R.
Terry R. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #25

Ohio
Need help, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry R. View Post
Ran into Sandy at Salt Fork, yesterday. We talked a little about the upcoming get together. Hope folks that want to come get their reservations in, because it is a fun time. The closer you are to the action the better. Terry R.
My home computer just totally crashed - harddrive died - am SO upset! Lost everything including my rally info! Would those folks who are booked for this rally please let me know which site you are on so I can re-construct the handout I always do to pass out at the rally with everyone info on it (don't post online for security sake!!) Only for the new guests, please include your camper year, type, size, etc., which site you booked, your job, hobbies, interests, & your home address, phone #'s (inc. cell phones), email addresses, etc. & any recipes you wish to share with the group. So sorry - am kicking myself I didn't have a copy on my laptop - will now!! PLEASE SEND THIS INFO TO MY PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS & DO NOT POST YOUR PERSONAL INFO FOR SECURITY REASONS. Thanks, Sandy
Old 07-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #26

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
hello everyone

Wanted to let you know Marje and I have a craftshow we must attend the same weekend sorry to miss the ralley this year. Hope to see everyone next year, Sandy keep up the good work.
Ed
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #27

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Shook View Post
Wanted to let you know Marje and I have a craftshow we must attend the same weekend sorry to miss the ralley this year. Hope to see everyone next year, Sandy keep up the good work.
Ed
We will miss you - see you next year???

BTW, EVERYONE, I have ben able to reconstruct most of the new list for this year's rally. Does anyone know who is on site 154? Also, does anyone have a phone # or another email address for the guy who posts by the name of "Kricket Nest"? I believe he booked 3 sites for him & his family & my computer ate his info when it crashed!! If you have any way to reach him, please have him contact me by private email.
Thanks,
Sandy
Old 07-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #28

Name: Tom
Trailer: 86 Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
loop filled

Hello! We just bought a 1986 U-Haul, and are thinking this rally could be a fun way to meet other campers. Problem is, the loop is full Which side would you suggest booking, as we are not familiar with this campground.
Dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #29

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Hello! We just bought a 1986 U-Haul, and are thinking this rally could be a fun way to meet other campers. Problem is, the loop is full Which side would you suggest booking, as we are not familiar with this campground.
SO glad you can join us. If I were you, I would book one of these sites:
153, 155, 157, 180, 181, 182, 183, 190, 191. I am on site 149, so this will put you nearest the center of the action! After you book, please send me a PRIVATE email (for security reasons) with your camper year, size, model, etc., what dates you are coming & leaving, your jobs, hobbies, interests of all people attending, home address, phone & cell phones, email address. I put it on a PRIVATE list I pass out to our group at the rally.
Sandy
Old 07-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #30

Name: Barb
Trailer: Casita Spirit
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Bakehorn View Post
P.S. If you happen to have some of those awesome fish I keep hearing people brag about, you could fry up some of those for the Friday night potluck!! Ha! Ha!
I might just do that, will have to see how the fishing goes this summer, I need to resupply my stock. I have not been fishing this year due to the cold and rain and high water.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we can bring some fish and let you cook it Roy. Joe will be heading to Erie soon and we do have some Walleye now in our freezer. He freezes it in water, so it is very fresh when it thaws. We generally cook in our grill but that won't be coming with us. So...maybe you can cook and we will supply some fillets...no bones, promise!

We also have some Crappie I believe.
pwdohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #31

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdohio View Post
I might just do that, will have to see how the fishing goes this summer, I need to resupply my stock. I have not been fishing this year due to the cold and rain and high water.
Maybe we can bring some fish and let you cook it Roy. Joe will be heading to Erie soon and we do have some Walleye now in our freezer. He freezes it in water, so it is very fresh when it thaws. We generally cook in our grill but that won't be coming with us. So...maybe you can cook and we will supply some fillets...no bones, promise!

We also have some Crappie I believe.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so - I am tired of just HEARING about that awesome fish fry Roy does - I want to taste it for myself!! LOL. Sandy
Old 07-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #32

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1994 Casita 16Ft. Spirit Deluxe
Ohio
Kricket Nest ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Webb View Post
We will miss you - see you next year??
BTW, EVERYONE, I have ben able to reconstruct most of the new list for this year's rally. Does anyone know who is on site 154? Also, does anyone have a phone # or another email address for the guy who posts by the name of "Kricket Nest"? I believe he booked 3 sites for him & his family & my computer ate his info when it crashed!! If you have any way to reach him, please have him contact me by private email.
Thanks,
Sandy
Kricket Nest is a couple from New Philadephia, Ohio who have a 13ft. Casita. They go by the name Kricket Nest on The Casita Travel Trailer Forum. You should be able to reach them on that forum.
Bob
Bob and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #33

Trailer: 1989 Scamp 13 ft
Sorry, but I have to cancel site 148. Ordered new trailer from Scamp and it will be ready to pick up near end of Aug. This is over 1,000 miles one way. Will not feel like making another trip any time soon.
DENNIS ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #34

Trailer: 17 ft Casita
HI, Rich and Maureen from Monticello Indiana will be on site 190.
Rich Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #35

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Law View Post
HI, Rich and Maureen from Monticello Indiana will be on site 190.
WONDERFUL!! Looking forward to meeting you!
Sandy
Old 07-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #36

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS ARCHER View Post
Sorry, but I have to cancel site 148. Ordered new trailer from Scamp and it will be ready to pick up near end of Aug. This is over 1,000 miles one way. Will not feel like making another trip any time soon.
I understand. Sorry you will miss a wonderful rally! Next year???
Sandy
Old 07-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #37

Ohio
7th Annual Ohio Fall Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Hi,
Just wondering if you have booked a site yet for the rally?
Sandy
Old 07-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #38

Ohio
Well, it seems the State Park Campground system is messed up AGAIN! I called again today because it is once again showing that most of the park is booked solid the weekend of our rally. The young man I talked to said they are having a LOT of problems with the mapping system & said not to go by that. He said to pull up the page with the actual site numbers on it and go by that. When I do that, there are plenty of sites left! I told him if they can't keep it fixed, why not remove it completely to save confusion?

Anyhow, at this time, if you are booking for our rally Sept. 22-26, 2011, I would urge you to book one of these sites: 148, 153, 180, 181, 182, 183, or 191.

If anyone knows who is on sites 146, 147, 154, 155, please let me know. I am not totally sure if they are part of our group. Had a computer meltdown & had to get a new computer. Lost my list and half my life full of info stored in my computer!! BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP is my new motto!! Too little, too late!

Sandy
Old 08-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #39

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Some Ohio SP honor Passport America 50% discount, does this one?
Did you end up booking a site for our rally? There are 2 sites booked that I can't figure out who they are! If not, would love to have you come!

Sandy
Old 08-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #40

Ohio
Quote:

Well, now we wish we had SOME of that water back! It has been so hot and dry here! Did you end up booking a site for the rally? If so, would you please let me know which site? If not, we would love to have you come!

Sandy

Tags
2011, fall, sept. 22-26