OH Sept. 22-26, 2011: 7th Annual Ohio Fall Gathering - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #41

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L. View Post
Dude! The Fish Fry is in the spring in Indiana. Don't dillute the brand!
Steve,

Are you coming to the rally this year? I have 2 sites booked that I can't figure out who is on them. Hope one is you! It will be fun for all!

Sandy & Larry
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #42

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Hello! We just bought a 1986 U-Haul, and are thinking this rally could be a fun way to meet other campers. Problem is, the loop is full Which side would you suggest booking, as we are not familiar with this campground.

Did you get my message that the campgrounds is NOT full? They keep having a glitch in the system, but there are plenty of spots in our loop. If you book, I would suggest getting as close to site #149 (center of all the fun!!) as you can. If you do book, would you please let me know which site you are on?

Thanks,
Sandy
Rally Organizer
Old 08-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #43

Ohio
Well, the mystery of who is on site # 146 & 147 is solved. It still remains a mystery as to who is on site #$154 & #155. If anyone knows, please drop me a private email through this site for security. We are growing, my wonderful fiberglass rv family!! We have 21 sites booked already (for sure) & if the mystery sites are part of our group, that makes 23 sites reserved! Snooze, you will lose.

The State of Ohio website continues to have glitches & the map part shows the park is full when it is NOT. If you are ready to book, may I suggest sites 153, 157, 158, 177, 180, 181, or 183 to be nearest the center of all the fun! Can't wait - will be sending out meal charts for our "shared meals" shortly! Sandy
Old 08-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #44

Ohio
Corrections!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy webb View Post
well, the mystery of who is on site # 146, 147, & 154 is solved. it still remains a mystery as to who is on site #155. If anyone knows, please drop me a private email through this site for security. we are growing, my wonderful fiberglass rv family!! We have 21 sites booked already (for sure) & if the mystery sites are part of our group, that makes 23 sites reserved! Snooze, you will lose.

The state of ohio website continues to have glitches & the map part shows the park is full when it is not. If you are ready to book, may i suggest sites 153, 157, 158, 177, 180, 181, or 183 to be nearest the center of all the fun! Can't wait - will be sending out meal charts for our "shared meals" shortly! Sandy
see corrections in this post!!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #45

Name: Barb
Trailer: Casita Spirit
Ohio
It is getting closer and we are getting excited :-) Can't wait! Hope we have no nasty storms and no earthquakes! Nice cool fall weather, please!
pwdohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #46

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdohio View Post
It is getting closer and we are getting excited :-) Can't wait! Hope we have no nasty storms and no earthquakes! Nice cool fall weather, please!
Me, too!!! Our family has really grown - we have at least 26 sites reserved this year. HOPE PEOPLE IGNORE THE MAP FUNCTION ON THE WEBSITE BECAUSE IT IS ALL MESSED UP!! ANYONE WANTING TO BOOK, SHOULD CONTACT ME SO I CAN TELL THEM WHICH SITES ARE LEFT IN OUR LOOP. RIGHT NOW, 181 & 183 ARE THE 2 BEST SITES CLOSEST TO THE ACTION!
Sandy
Old 09-02-2011, 07:15 AM   #47

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
A good time is just around the corner. I hope everyone that can come has made their reservations. It will be good to see old friends and make new ones. Terry R.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #48

Ohio
Rally updates!

There are a few changes for our upcoming rally:

First of all, we will NOT be eating at the General Denver Hotel. When I made the reservation originally, the man who took the reservation "forgot" to inform me that you have to pay for HALF of your group upfront (about $450) AND if any of your group fail to show up, you have to pay $15 each for them anyhow! Don't think so!!

Instead, we will be doing this:

Friday evening about 6-6:30 p.m. Welcome bonfire with each person bringing their own hot dogs/brats, or whatever, pie irons with fillings, etc. plus a snack (like chips, etc.) OR some cookies/pie/cake/brownies or ice cream toppings for homemade ice cream OR some drinks (like coffee, tea, etc.) to share with the group. We will have several bonfires going so people won't have to wait to roast their hot dogs, etc. If you don't like hot dogs, bring a "sack lunch" for yourself.

Sat. about 9 a.m.: group breakfast with each site bringing a dish to share with the group

Sat. about 6 p.m.: potluck dinner together - each site bringing a dish to share - sign up sheets are available - just email Sandy.

Bring lawn games, card games, or whatever you like, lawn chairs, your own tableware, to all group functions. If a few people bring a LITTLE bit of firewood, we will have plenty.

I am still trying to find out who is on site 155 & NOW SITE 157 which someone just booked. If anyone knows, please contact me!! We have sites booked on both sides of the "street" from the restroom up through site 156 on one side & across the street from 194 up through 178 that are our rally "family", so if you are ready to book, I would suggest either site 158 OR 177 to get as close as possible to the action! Group meals, etc. will be at site 149, so just get as close as you can. Can't wait! Time is flying & I will see you all soon.

If you have any questions, please send me an email through this site with your private email address & I will respond & give you my private email & phone # for security!

Sandy
Old 09-13-2011, 07:47 AM   #49

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Just wondering how many states will represented at the upcoming Ohio get together?
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #50

Ohio
States represented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry R. View Post
Just wondering how many states will represented at the upcoming Ohio get together?
Terry,

So far, we have OH, MI, IN, IL, & EVEN 1 FROM CANADA REGISTERED! WE HAVE 30 SITES BOOKED ALREADY THAT WE KNOW FOR SURE ARE OUR RALLY FAMILY MEMBERS, PLUS ABOUT 3-4 MORE THAT ARE IN OR SO NEAR OUR GROUP, I ASSUME THEY ARE PART OF IT, BUT DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE!

PLEASE, IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO IS ON SITES: 144, 155, 157, OR 175, HAVE THEY CONTACT SANDY RIGHT AWAY SO SHE CAN EMAIL THEM THE ACTIVITIES & GROUP MEALS INFO, ETC.!

THANKS,
SANDY
Old 09-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #51

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
I hope you all have fun at the rally. I didn't ever get to build another fiberglass camper this year, but instead I bought a real Airstream. I think I have the same amount of money invested as I did in the Burro. Have fun everyone and I am waiting to see pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
excella 31.jpg   excella311.jpg  

Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #52

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Shaffer View Post
I hope you all have fun at the rally. I didn't ever get to build another fiberglass camper this year, but instead I bought a real Airstream. I think I have the same amount of money invested as I did in the Burro. Have fun everyone and I am waiting to see pictures!
All I ever bought were the fake ones, enjoy

Boy, that looks like you could fit 3 burros inside, it's huge, but I'm sure it is nice.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #53

Ohio
Quote:

Boy, did you miss a great time, Mark!! Next year?? We ended up having 35 sites reserved & had 68 people for all meals (Fri. evening hot dog roast/pie iron cooking, with homemade ice cream & cake/pie/cookies, etc.) Sat. a.m. breakfast we had 70 people (invited some guests from previous rallies who sold their Casita due to health issues) & had another carry-in meal Sat. evening. We gobbled 'til we wobbled!! Rained Fri. until early afternoon, then cleared off until last night. We had a campfire every night. Met lots of wonderful new people! Exactly half the people this year were new to our rally! We took up nearly the entire loop!!

Thanks to some of our "rally family" (the Hunkler's) they brought a HUGE screen room & 2 EZ-ups. We also had 2 EZ-ups & we put them all together & put Hunklers' giant tarp across the top of all of them! It scared the rain away!! LOL!

My sister-in-law, Jane Webb, baked 5 pies Fri. night and 5 Sat.!! Everyone raved about them!!

Hope to see you in your renovated Airstream next year!

Sandy
Old 09-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #54

Ohio
We had a great rally! Thanks to all for making it truly a wonderful experience. So many people to get re-acquainted with and more to get acquainted with. You all made it a special event. Until next year....
Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #55

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Someone had to take a lot of pictures??? Are there any posted and I just didn't see them?
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #56

Ohio
Quote:
Someone had to take a lot of pictures??? Are there any posted and I just didn't see them?
Mark,

There are some posted in my Flckr album, link is on this message in my sig line. Look for the album called Casita Rally 2011.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #57

Ohio
Oops, that link took you to the 2009 rally. Here is the one for the 2011 rally.

Casita Rally Ohio 2011 - a set on Flickr

Tags
2011, fall, sept. 22-26