KS Sept.4-8, 2013 - Kansas Eggstravaganz VI - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #15

Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita
Kansas
Update

Just 4 short months from now Eggstravaganza VI will be in full swing. That means I should start working on the agenda. Not that there will be many changes.

If you check the Farnum Creek website you will see that all sites are reserved for the rally dates. If you do not have a reservation and plan to attend remember there are 10 first come first served sites in A-Loop. If all sites are full we will be able to double up. If you are willing to boondock, B-Loop will have open sites.

I have sent a list of those planning to attend to all on my mailing list. If you do not receive my mailings and wish to know who is attending you can contact me by e-mail or by private message on this site.

Tom

Old 06-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #16

Kansas
Eggstravaganza VI June update

We have 31 rigs signed up so far. All sites that can be reserved in A Loop are reserved. Sites 2, 16, 24, 25 and 29 are reserved, but I do not know by whom. There are 10 first come site that may be available. We will also be able to double up if A Loop is full so we will have room for all who wish to attend.

ďThe Official as It GetsĒ Agenda will be much the same as last year. We will retain the Potlucks (breakfast & dinner), the Rally Bags, Saturday Night Sundaes (ice cream), Letís Do Lunch and the nightly campfires.

Rally Bags: We already have 31 Eggs signed up for this year and we are continuing this fun idea.
Letís share something we have discovered in our camping experiences. We will have a bag for each Egg so you can (if you wish) add something to each bag***. The only rule is: CHEAP! (Tomís hint: Dollar Store) It can be something you make, something you buy, a useful website, a recipe you really love, a hint for your Egg, an appropriate cartoon, anything you think others would appreciate. The possibilities are endless. We will pass the bags out on Saturday evening and discover what our treasures are. It should be fun but not a burden so remember to keep it simple.
***Due to the number of Eggs we may decide to split this up to keep the cost down. Maybe odd and even or furnish something for the next 20 bags after your bag (each bag will be numbered) or something.

Saturday Night Sundaes: Bring your own bowl and spoon. Also bring a favorite topping to share. The Ice Cream is furnished. Put them all together and we have Sundaes on Saturday Night.

Letís Do Lunch: Do we want to go as one large group or split into small groups? A suggestion was made to make up small groups of strangers and let each group pick where they go for lunch and get acquainted.

This year the Junction City Little Theater is presenting Annie on September 6, 7 & 8 at The C L Hoover Opera House.

We are always open to new ideas as long as we donít have to work too hard J so let us know if you have a fun idea.

We look forward to another fun rally and will be excited to see you again or happy to meet you.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #17

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Out of curiosity, what's the general age range? I have a feeling I'll be a bit out of my element, but I plan on doing biking and kayaking, also.

Besides, you never know what you might learn from the old codgers. *DUCKS*
Old 06-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #18

Kansas
Jared,

Most of us fall into that "old codger" category, but there are some younger, still working people also. This year there several new people signed up and I don't know their ages.

Tom
Old 07-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #19

Kansas
The agenda has been posted on our Facebook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/KansasEggstravaganza</SPAN>

Looking forward to seeing everyone in September. We will miss all of you who are not attending this year. </SPAN>

Tom & Joyce
Old 07-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #20

Kansas
Please see the Facebook page for a correction and an addition to the agenda.
https://www.facebook.com/KansasEggstravaganza
Old 07-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #21

Kansas
Eggstravaganza Update

It is hard to believe, but Eggstravaganza is only 6 weeks away. I have had a couple people say maybe and one addition since the last update. Even though there are no sites available to reserve, there are 10 first come first serve sites. If those are full, we will be able to double up.

We do need to know who is coming so we can finalize plans. If you plan to attend but haven't let me know, please do so.

Thanks,
Tom</SPAN>
Old 08-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #22

Kansas
Kansas Eggstravaganza VI Update

Kansas Eggstravaganza officially starts just 4 weeks from today. Other than a couple additions to the roster there is not much to report. Joyce and I have our last minute shopping list started. It looks like we have 34 signed up as of today.

Our Rally Bag contribution is on order and should arrive next week.

I had thought about splitting up the rally bags so people would not have to buy or make for so many. I have received only 1 response to that idea and they wanted to buy for all.

Music is on the agenda for Friday evening, so we are calling all musicians to play and sing around the campfire. Fear not, if we have no willing musicians, I have a boom box and several hours of excellent bagpipe music on CD.

There is no formal egg parade on the agenda, however we can add one if there is interest.

Joyce and I are looking forward to seeing all of the old friends and meeting all of the new ones.

Since neither of us have a smart phone we need a volunteer to take pictures and post on the Facebook page during the rally.

The updated roster and agenda are available by request.

Tom
Old 08-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #23

Kansas
Due to a cancellation site A-12 is now available at: http://www.recreation.gov/campsiteSearch.do
Tom
Old 08-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #24

Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Registry
Happy to say we'll be staying in A12. !!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #25

Name: Cathy
Trailer: In the Market
Kansas
It sounds so fun! Last year we were relocating and this year, my husband works 3rd shift both Friday and Saturday night. The good news is that this has caused us to make plans to be full-timers earlier than we planned so looking hard at Bigfoot. We can't attend any activities and haven't been able to take the pop-up out this summer at all. We lived in JC for a long time, my husband grew up there. I worked on Fort Riley. I always liked the area so much for camping, we went to Milford Lake and always went to Farnum Creek just to take the kids out for the day. So, everyone enjoy yourself.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #26

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Out of curiosity, what's the general age range? I have a feeling I'll be a bit out of my element, but I plan on doing biking and kayaking, also.

Besides, you never know what you might learn from the old codgers. *DUCKS*

But Jared, your avatar says "Senior member" ??
Old 08-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #27

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
I may not be able to use mine the whole time, we'll see. Not enough time in a day&hellip;
Old 08-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #28

Kansas
Site available in A-Loop

I received word of a cancellation this morning. All of us who know Emily, either in person or through her travel posts on the forums, will miss her. She did want to see everybody before she moves to NM. She does hope to be able to join us next year and we truly hope she can.

Site A30 is available at this time.

Tom