KS Sept.4-8, 2013 - Kansas Eggstravaganz VI - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Sept.4-8, 2013 - Kansas Eggstravaganz VI

Since I have been swamped* with requests for the date of the 2013 Kansas Eggstravaganz, I thought I would post the dates:

September 4 – 8, 2013 at FARNUM CREEK, KS part of Milford Lake, US Army Corps of Engineers
Getting There:
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
39.07778, -95.89167
39°4'40"N, 95°53'30"W

Take I-70 to exit 295 then north on Highway 77. Drive 11 miles to park entrance.

*OK, OK, so there have only been 2 requests.
Tom

Tom McRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I'm sure that by the time a few more snowstorms blow through, spring fever will have people lining right up!!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #3

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
In. Do we need to sign up/reserve a spot?
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #4

Just reserve a camp site in A-Loop and either post it on this forum or PM me if you don't want to post dates you will be away from home on a public forum.

Tom
Old 02-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #5

Kansas
to early to reserve yet
Old 02-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #6

Posted Today, 03:16 PM
OK, after working with several young people in while in New York City on deployment with the Red Cross, this old dog has decided to learn some new tricks. I have learned how to text on my phone . . .

. . . and Kansas Eggstravaganza is now on Facebook.

Once I learn how to use the page I will post updates on Facebook as well as the Forums.

https://www.facebook.com/KansasEggstravaganza

Tom
Old 03-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #7

Smile Reservation open

Reservations open 6 months out, so early arrivals can start making reservations. For those who plan to arrive on September 4th reservations can be made starting March 4th. Reservation can be made at:
http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Farnum_Creek/r/campgroundDetails.do?page=details&contractCode=NRS O&parkId=79059&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

We will be in A-46 this year. Please let me know your camp site number and date of arrival.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 03-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #8

Name: Mike
Trailer: Casita 17SD
Arizona
Registry
Mike and Sue site A28 arr Sept 3, 6 nites.

Now what we need to make this happen, Our home in Indiana will sell soon enough to get everything cleared up for our trip West!
Thanks!
MikeE
MikeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #9

We will hope for a quick sale. Looking forward to seeing you in September.

Tom
Old 03-08-2013, 04:14 AM   #10

Kansas
reserved tues-sun a27
Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #11

Wow, Eggstravaganza VI starts just 5 months from today. Will you be there?
Tom
Old 04-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #12

Kansas Eggstravaganza VI Update

Wow, this is early April and A Loop only has 3 sites left that can be reserved. There are 10 first come first served that may be available but you can’t count on them.

I will check with the Ranger about doubling up if all sites are full.

An overflow alternative is B Loop, but that will involve boondocking since it has no hook-ups.

There is also a commercial campground at Farnum Creek that could be an overflow possibility.

Remember to follow Eggstravaganza on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/KansasEggstravaganza
Old 04-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #13

Name: dave
Trailer: castia 16ft
Kansas
We will be there Dave and JoAnn. See you then
dave in kc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #14

Kansas Eggstravaganza VI Update

I am somewhat overwhelmed by the response to this year’s Eggstravanga. September reservations for Farnum Creek only opened this month and already all sites that can be reserved are. I have names for 30 sites. The other 6 may or may not be part of our group. If you are in sites 2, 16, 21, 24, 25 or 29 please let me know.

There are 10 first come, first served sites in A-Loop. If those are full, we will be able to double up. However, only one unit will be able to plug into the electricity at one time. The charge for the 2nd unit will be the same as the tent fee.

If you will be attending and do not have a site reserved, please let me know so I will be able to plan better.
Tom
Old 05-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #15

Update

Just 4 short months from now Eggstravaganza VI will be in full swing. That means I should start working on the agenda. Not that there will be many changes.

If you check the Farnum Creek website you will see that all sites are reserved for the rally dates. If you do not have a reservation and plan to attend remember there are 10 first come first served sites in A-Loop. If all sites are full we will be able to double up. If you are willing to boondock, B-Loop will have open sites.

I have sent a list of those planning to attend to all on my mailing list. If you do not receive my mailings and wish to know who is attending you can contact me by e-mail or by private message on this site.

Tom
Old 06-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #16

Eggstravaganza VI June update

We have 31 rigs signed up so far. All sites that can be reserved in A Loop are reserved. Sites 2, 16, 24, 25 and 29 are reserved, but I do not know by whom. There are 10 first come site that may be available. We will also be able to double up if A Loop is full so we will have room for all who wish to attend.

“The Official as It Gets” Agenda will be much the same as last year. We will retain the Potlucks (breakfast & dinner), the Rally Bags, Saturday Night Sundaes (ice cream), Let’s Do Lunch and the nightly campfires.

Rally Bags: We already have 31 Eggs signed up for this year and we are continuing this fun idea.
Let’s share something we have discovered in our camping experiences. We will have a bag for each Egg so you can (if you wish) add something to each bag***. The only rule is: CHEAP! (Tom’s hint: Dollar Store) It can be something you make, something you buy, a useful website, a recipe you really love, a hint for your Egg, an appropriate cartoon, anything you think others would appreciate. The possibilities are endless. We will pass the bags out on Saturday evening and discover what our treasures are. It should be fun but not a burden so remember to keep it simple.
***Due to the number of Eggs we may decide to split this up to keep the cost down. Maybe odd and even or furnish something for the next 20 bags after your bag (each bag will be numbered) or something.

Saturday Night Sundaes: Bring your own bowl and spoon. Also bring a favorite topping to share. The Ice Cream is furnished. Put them all together and we have Sundaes on Saturday Night.

Let’s Do Lunch: Do we want to go as one large group or split into small groups? A suggestion was made to make up small groups of strangers and let each group pick where they go for lunch and get acquainted.

This year the Junction City Little Theater is presenting Annie on September 6, 7 & 8 at The C L Hoover Opera House.

We are always open to new ideas as long as we don’t have to work too hard J so let us know if you have a fun idea.

We look forward to another fun rally and will be excited to see you again or happy to meet you.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #17

Kansas
Out of curiosity, what's the general age range? I have a feeling I'll be a bit out of my element, but I plan on doing biking and kayaking, also.

Besides, you never know what you might learn from the old codgers. *DUCKS*
Old 06-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #18

Jared,

Most of us fall into that "old codger" category, but there are some younger, still working people also. This year there several new people signed up and I don't know their ages.

Tom
Old 07-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #19

The agenda has been posted on our Facebook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/KansasEggstravaganza</SPAN>

Looking forward to seeing everyone in September. We will miss all of you who are not attending this year. </SPAN>

Tom & Joyce
Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #20

Please see the Facebook page for a correction and an addition to the agenda.
https://www.facebook.com/KansasEggstravaganza