KS Sept 5-9, 2012 Kansas Egg-stravaganza - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #15

Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita
Kansas
Judy,

From what I can see site A-06 is reserved from the 2nd through the 9th per the Corps. I can not tell who has it reserved. If that is your reservation you should have received an e-mail from the Corps. I think you have to call to cancell a reservation, I've never done it.

I don't have you on my list, but will be glad to add you.

If that is not your reservation sites A-12 and A-14 are open. In addition there are 10 firstcome first serve sites in A-Loop. You get here and there will be a place for you.

Tom

Old 08-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #16

Kansas
agenda

Only 2 weeks until 2012 Kansas Egg-stravaganza is underway.
2012 Kansas Egg-stravaganza

Official Agenda (well as official as it gets, anyway)

Wed, Sept 5
Any time: Welcome and set-up. Then explore the area on your own, play games or just visit at the campground. NOTE: We will actually set up the games this year.
7:00 PM to ?: Welcome Campfire and chat.

Thurs, Sept 6
8:00: Coffee and Breakfast potluck. Bring one or two of your favorite Breakfast items to share.
1:00-2:30 Let’s do lunch somewhere (Restaurant information will be available so we can all choose one)
Afternoon free to explore, play games or just visit.
7:00: Campfire and chat

Fri, Sept 7
8:00: Coffee and just visiting
9:30 Let’s show off our Eggs. We will walk the campground and anyone wanting to show their camper can do so as we get to it. Put up a balloon if you want to show your egg. Balloons furnished
Afternoon free to explore, play games or just visit.
6:00 Potluck, Bring your best rally dish.
7:00 Campfire and chat

Sat, Sept 8
8:00: Coffee
Day free to explore or play games.
6:00: Grill your dinner. We’ll fire up grills; you bring your own meat to cook for yourself. Bring your potluck leftovers to share.
Campfire and chat. Opening of our Rally Bags*. What is the plan for next year?
Saturday Night Sundaes, (ice cream furnished, bring a topping to share and bring your own bowl and spoon)

Sun, Sept 9
8:00 Coffee and pancakes.
Saying our farewells and breaking camp.

*Rally Bags
Looks like we will have around 30 Eggs this year and we are continuing this fun idea. Let’s share something we have discovered in our camping experiences. We will have a bag for each Egg so you can (if you wish) add something to each bag. The only rule is: CHEAP! (Tom’s hint: Dollar Store) It can be something you make, something you buy, a useful website, a recipe you really love, a hint for your Egg, an appropriate cartoon, anything you think others would appreciate. The possibilities are endless. We will pass the bags out on Saturday evening and discover what our treasures are. It should be fun but not a burden so remember to keep it simple.

Throughout Rally
We’ll put up a table somewhere for campers to sell or give away things they no longer need. It will be on the honor system so put your name and price on the items so the person who claims your castoffs knows who they need to settle up with. Books, movies, camper parts, jacks, whatever…..

GAMES: We have Washer Toss and Bolo Golf. Feel free to bring your games. If we have enough interest we can work up a tournament. We will actually have the games set up this year.

Area attractions include:
Abilene (25 miles): Eisenhower Center and Presidential Library, Greyhound Hall of Fame, Old Abilene Town, Museum of Independent Telephony, Seelye Mansion and Gardens, antique stores, Russell Stover Candy factory and store, Abilene & Smoky Valley Railroad Excursion Train.
Junction City (11 miles): Geary County Historical Museum, C. L. Hoover Opera House, Buffalo Soldier Memorial, Kansas Viet Nam Memorial, Spring Valley Historical Site, and Atomic Annie
Fort Riley (15 miles): First Territorial Capital, Custer House, Cavalry Museum, 1st Infantry Division Museum.
Manhattan (28 miles): K-State Campus, Beach Museum of Art, Sunset Zoo, Flint Hills Discovery Center
Wakefield (15 miles): Kansas Landscape Arboretum
Milford (2 miles): Milford Museum
Milford Nature Center and Fish Hatchery (FREE) Below Milford Dam
Konza Prairie Biological Station located approximately 25 miles from Milford Lake. Includes public trails.
River Walk Trail (hiking/biking trail) runs from below the dam to Ft Riley/Junction City.

JUST SO YOU CAN MARK YOUR Calendars
Next year’s Dates: Wed. Sept 4 – Sun Sept 8
2014 Dates: Wed Sept 3 – Sun Sept 7

Old 08-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #17

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Thanks Tom,

We will take A12. We will be there Wed.

Judy & Terry Jones
Old 08-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #18

Kansas
Judy and Terry,

You will need to make your reservation with the Corps through recreation.gov.

Tom
Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #19

Kansas
Judy and Terry Jones do have site A-06 reserved for Sept 5 - 9. so you are good with the Corps and I now have you on my list. See you on the 5th.

Tom
Old 08-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #20

Name: Stephanie
Trailer: 1989 13 ft Scamp
Kansas
Kansas eggs!

Wow-so many eggers in Kansas! We'll just be getting back from our shakedown cruise to Estes Park. Nice to know we might someday get to know all you folks in Kansas. Enjoy!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #21

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
Im so jelous. I couldn't get off from work. Hubby is so mad! Have fun everyone!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #22

Kansas
To the Early Birds at the Eggstravaganza:

To the Early Birds at the Eggstravaganza:

Looks like we’re in for some showers this year and since we have been in a drought I cannot allow myself to complain. So……I have borrowed a large army tent to use for a shelter. The bad thing is it will take about 6 guys to put it up. If you are willing to lend a hand on Monday afternoon, that would be awesome. I need at least 4 more helpers then.

It won’t be pretty but it should keep us dry!

Thanks & see you soon
Tom