MI Sept 7-9 2012: michigan algonac glassic egg scramble! - Page 16 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: what ya wanna eat????
roast goat 6 22.22%
roasted turkey,chicken 21 77.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #301

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I agree with Pam. John did a magnificent job. As one of the two Egg Campers here, we probably had three dozen people "take the tour." Great turkey and other food. A shame that my wife couldn't enjoy it much due to a severely painful back. Having an MRI tomorrow and being referred to a neurosurgeon. Really enjoyed meeting so many great people. Gotta repeat somewhere next year.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #302

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1993 Scamp 16ft.
Michigan
Fall Glassic Egg Scramble

Yeah for the Glassic Egg Scramble!!! Great friends, great sharing of information, great times in spite of the spit from the skies and my awning covering the top of the trailer instead of the front. Oh well, nothing that can't be fixed. Thanks John for the time and trouble of organizing all of this. Thanks Scouter for the survival bracelets even though I was in remedial class. Will definitely look forward to the future times with all of the great people. And Karen is even more excited than me!!!
dbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #303

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Pictures! We wanna see pictures!

Old 09-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #304

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I just got home to Oak Park and have unpacked. I put my floor mat and FirstUp canopy out to finish air drying. Pictures coming soon! Great weekend...Thanks to John and all his on the site volunteers!
Kevin A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #305

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Cheryl and I had a wonderful time, this group is even warmer and friendlier in person than they are on the forum. Plus one in thanks to John and his wife for getting this off the ground. Could not have asked for a better first rally for us, or as a tradition of a first annual perhaps?

As promised here is a link to where people can purchase a button, shirt or what have you with a Glassic Egg Scramble logo as a memento.
drccac: Home: Zazzle.com Store

Most of the items on that page lead to a place where you can select style, color and size of many related items. Coffee mug link takes you to everything from coffee mugs to beer steins. Ladies light/dark shirt takes you to every style of ladies shirts in either light or dark colors.

I set up Custom back t-shirts template that allows you to put the name of your camper and the year on the back, like a sports jersey would have a player name and number. By default I set it up to say "Scamp" & "77" but you can change that to whatever you want. Only 14 characters will fit as a name, if someone needs something longer for a name just ask me and I'll set one up by adjusting the font sizes.

Will be working on posting photos as soon as we get camper unpacked. Will post a link as soon as we get some online.

It was really great meeting you all. Take care till next time.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #306

Trailer: 13 ft 2000 Scamp
We will jump in and add to the gang, it was a super event. My first rally and now I will not miss it again. Also my big thanks to John. What a great group of folks, it was great meeting all of you. Lets do it all again!

Bunny and Steve
Steve M K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #307

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
Thumbs up Wow!!!!

I'm in London, ON, for an overnight visit with family. Took the ferry across and the back roads through Lambton and Middlesex counties. What a great, leisurely drive. And what a weekend! I sure picked the right rally to attend for my first one. The bar has been set very high this weekend. My thanks to all my new friends who made me feel so welcome and at home.
Please remember that the best way to use that survival bracelet is to keep it on your wrist and not have to use it.
I will post some knotting references on a new post, later.
Thanks again and stay safe... Happy trails...
Scouter Dave.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #308

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1993 Scamp 16ft.
Michigan
Scouter, we wore ours to church today and the grandkids already want to know how, and when they will be making them. Both of the boys are cub scouts currently. Be safe.
dbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #309

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Smile

Good food, good friends, just a wounderful time, thank you John for everything, looking forward to next year.
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #310

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Hey to anyone that I told about the TCT Rally in Milford, I had the dates wrong. It is the LAST weekend in September, which means that the Saturday open house is on September 29.
........boy I wish I was still at Algonac, sitting around a fire with everyone
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #311

Michigan
Pictures - Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble

Ok here is a link to a flickr "collection" Collection: Glassic Egg Scramble - Algonac 2012

Inside the collection will be "sets" these are like sub folders. I'm adding individual photos to the first set Campers when done this will be 26 FG campers with their campers (one at a time this will take a little bit).

I'll be adding other sets for the potluck, activities etc. pretty quick but possibly won't be done till Tue.

You can email the link above to the collection, or a link to a a set using the "Share" button that displays toward the right side when viewing a set.

From in a set you can click on individual pictures (or view as a slide show).

When viewing a picture the "Share" button above the picture will let you "Grab a link" to that picture for posting or email.

If you want to download the picture use the "Actions" Button, this provides a list of choices.
Choose "View all sizes" to bring up choices to download the picture in different sizes.
Pick "Original" and the download link will then change to "download the original size of this picture".

The download in original size should be suitable for printing as a decent photo. If you want to download for emailing to friends and family download a smaller size.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #312

Michigan
Pictures - Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble

Ok here is a link to a flickr "collection" Collection: Glassic Egg Scramble - Algonac 2012

Oops! Double post, bad internet, bad.

If people PM me the names of their dogs I'll add those names to the titles of the pictures. I'm usually better at dog names than people but forgot to write them down and don't want to put the wrong names in.

I should also add one can view the pictures in the order they are posted here http://www.flickr.com/photos/drccac/ this is just a "stream" view of all the photos Cheryl or I upload. As time goes by the rally pictures will get pushed off the first page at this link. Collections and Sets are permenant links.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #313

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
What fun we had!! Even a little rain didn't damper our spirits. Such a great group of folks.

Thank you (again), John, for organinzing the rally, thank you to everyone that help make it a wonderful weekend.

A beautiful rainbow blessed us during the Saturday pot luck. A great omen for next year.......
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #314

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreen Bradshaw View Post
A beautiful rainbow blessed us during the Saturday pot luck. A great omen for next year.......
A rainbow which someone got a photo of, think it was Dave.
Rainbow | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #315

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
WOW WHAT A WEEKEND. Lots of new friends, good food. I think the rainbow photo was one of mine, it does not matter but I have some shots of it also. Roger, thanks for all your photo work, Im thinking about the Milford weekend. Also there is a meet in Indiana at the Brown County State Park in Octobr, Looks like a fun one. Anyone going???
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #316

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
beautiful work with the photo stuff roger, thanks so much for that work.

i have yet to even look at my pictures, let alone load them into the laptop.

ok heres a great story for you. my wife has a b.a. in human resources, , my degree is in psychology, so even though we camp fish and hunt and everyone at works thinks i am only one gene removed from sasquatch,,,lol we have a little on the ball anyway.

my son has a pretty serious learning disability and at 32 still lives with us.

now the point of this story,,,lol, last night he showed his mom that her cell phone is a wifi access for her laptop,,,lol we could have set her laptop up on our awning and done a webcast of our dinner and campfire,,,
doh!

sometimes we just ain't as smart as we thunk we are.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #317

Michigan
Wow, what an event. i believe the count was 26 trailers,,though i could be wrong,,my head began to swim a bit with the heady scent of all that fiberglass.....

I personaly want to thank every one that attended, this event was a huge success in my opinion and that was due 100% to the people that attended, it was a blessing to have camped with you all that i will not soon forget.

for those that could not make it,,, well, you missed a short but wonderfull gathering. weather was about as perfect as you could ask for. our group was clustered nicely in one area of the campgrounds. and we had a dinner and campfire that i can only assume was the envy of algonac saturday evening. i want to thank our friends from canada, illinois, ohio, florida, indiana, and newfoundland, for joining us and making this a truely special event
a brief discription for those not in attendence.
algonac michigan, (by the way,,,the birthplace of chriscraft boats) is a beautiful little freshwater marine town nestled on the banks of the st.clair river, at the point where it joins lake st clair. north of detroit.
it is one of the great comercial waterways, and large lake and ocean going ships tugs and barges of all discriptions ply her waters 24 hours a day.
the park we stayed in is algonac state park, part of the beautiful state park system here in michigan. also situated in one of the few remaining,,,and a shinning example of, a lake plain prairie. the park is clean open, and overlooks the st. clair river, which is also home to an abundance of fish such as walleye, musky, pike , and sturgeon, to name a few.

so the gathering is now a part of history, and yet, before it was over we began thinking of next year. not so much questioniing will we do it again,,, but where? when? what great adventure will await us? what wonderful discovery will we make? can more of Michigan actually be this wonderful?

oh yeah,,, it can... hang in there the best is yet to come.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #318

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Would you consider moving the date to August, so I can go? I have resigned myself to only camping in the summer. I just can't get away for an entire weekend after school starts.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #319

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Would you consider moving the date to August, so I can go? I have resigned myself to only camping in the summer. I just can't get away for an entire weekend after school starts.

CindyL
cindy,i will be camping in august for sure. actually most every month. i will post an invite to any that i think others might like to join up with. and perhaps we can get a good sized group together .

see the problem for many, like you also is timing. for you mid summer is great, for others sept. or maybe may or june. this time i sugjested sept, and pow,,, everyone was available.
i think i would love to do a gathering in spring but not sure what sort of responce we would get.
so... i will carefully look for in interesting destination, that will work for a group setting. and we will throw them around for different times of the year. also watching out that we don't end up in the middle of something like cheeseburger in paradise, which while fun,,,would be nearly imposable to get camping sites at that time.
so the short answer i guess,,, if you , or i find a place and date. and announce it, we will see what happens as far as a responce. but i'm up for it.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #320

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
WOW WHAT A WEEKEND. Lots of new friends, good food. I think the rainbow photo was one of mine, it does not matter but I have some shots of it also. Roger, thanks for all your photo work, Im thinking about the Milford weekend. Also there is a meet in Indiana at the Brown County State Park in Octobr, Looks like a fun one. Anyone going???

Scott you are correct that was one of your photos, nice job BTW. I'm off today, slower internet than using wireless at work. Will upload the rest of the camper pictures you copied to my laptop at the end of the day tomorrow.

Already have the shot of every camper and their trailer up. Working on the potluck photos from everyone in between yard work.

Two pages worth as thumbnail album Campers - a set on Flickr

Or as a slide show
Campers

I used your row of FG butts as the cover photo, great shot.