MI Sept 7-9 2012: michigan algonac glassic egg scramble! - Page 22 - Fiberglass RV

View Poll Results: what ya wanna eat????
roast goat 6 22.22%
roasted turkey,chicken 21 77.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #295

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Be safe everyone!

Old 09-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #296

Name: lyle
Trailer: Trillium
Michigan
Registry
Well, it's always something, eh?

All packed up, ready to go. Trac phone needed a charge so I plugged it into the cigarette lighter and turned on the ignition. Just for a bit, ya know. About 24 hours later I noticed the trac phone plugged in.

Good news? The trac phone is FULLY charged.
Bad news? Dead, really dead, battery.

So it's off to Sam's Club bright and early for me. Duh!

Old 09-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #297

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyle View Post
Well, it's always something, eh?

All packed up, ready to go. Trac phone needed a charge so I plugged it into the cigarette lighter and turned on the ignition. Just for a bit, ya know. About 24 hours later I noticed the trac phone plugged in.

Good news? The trac phone is FULLY charged.
Bad news? Dead, really dead, battery.

So it's off to Sam's Club bright and early for me. Duh!
AHH!! See you at the campgrounds, guess we'll know who has the newest battery if any of us need a jump, eh?
Old 09-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #298

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
AHH!! See you at the campgrounds, guess we'll know who has the newest battery if any of us need a jump, eh?
ok,, heres hoping its just the battery, bad thing to forget all those electronics in the on position. we will pray to the automotive gods for you
Old 09-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #299

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Looks like pretty much everyone is here! And believe it or not, there are FOUR UHauls ... 2 VTs and 2CTs. Must be some kind of record. Lots of good conversations already!
Old 09-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #300

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
I'm back home and unpacking. This weekend was absolutely fabulous!! Such great people, and I met so many new friends. Wish it was starting all over again but there's always next year! Thanks to everyone that put so much work into this, most importantly, John Warren. (clap clap clap !!)
Old 09-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #301

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
I agree with Pam. John did a magnificent job. As one of the two Egg Campers here, we probably had three dozen people "take the tour." Great turkey and other food. A shame that my wife couldn't enjoy it much due to a severely painful back. Having an MRI tomorrow and being referred to a neurosurgeon. Really enjoyed meeting so many great people. Gotta repeat somewhere next year.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #302

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1993 Scamp 16ft.
Michigan
Fall Glassic Egg Scramble

Yeah for the Glassic Egg Scramble!!! Great friends, great sharing of information, great times in spite of the spit from the skies and my awning covering the top of the trailer instead of the front. Oh well, nothing that can't be fixed. Thanks John for the time and trouble of organizing all of this. Thanks Scouter for the survival bracelets even though I was in remedial class. Will definitely look forward to the future times with all of the great people. And Karen is even more excited than me!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #303

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Pictures! We wanna see pictures!

Old 09-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #304

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I just got home to Oak Park and have unpacked. I put my floor mat and FirstUp canopy out to finish air drying. Pictures coming soon! Great weekend...Thanks to John and all his on the site volunteers!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #305

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
Cheryl and I had a wonderful time, this group is even warmer and friendlier in person than they are on the forum. Plus one in thanks to John and his wife for getting this off the ground. Could not have asked for a better first rally for us, or as a tradition of a first annual perhaps?

As promised here is a link to where people can purchase a button, shirt or what have you with a Glassic Egg Scramble logo as a memento.
drccac: Home: Zazzle.com Store

Most of the items on that page lead to a place where you can select style, color and size of many related items. Coffee mug link takes you to everything from coffee mugs to beer steins. Ladies light/dark shirt takes you to every style of ladies shirts in either light or dark colors.

I set up Custom back t-shirts template that allows you to put the name of your camper and the year on the back, like a sports jersey would have a player name and number. By default I set it up to say "Scamp" & "77" but you can change that to whatever you want. Only 14 characters will fit as a name, if someone needs something longer for a name just ask me and I'll set one up by adjusting the font sizes.

Will be working on posting photos as soon as we get camper unpacked. Will post a link as soon as we get some online.

It was really great meeting you all. Take care till next time.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #306

Name: Steve
Trailer: 17 ft Casita SD 2012
Michigan
We will jump in and add to the gang, it was a super event. My first rally and now I will not miss it again. Also my big thanks to John. What a great group of folks, it was great meeting all of you. Lets do it all again!

Bunny and Steve
Old 09-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #307

Name: Dave
Trailer: Trillium
Newfoundland & Labrador
Thumbs up Wow!!!!

I'm in London, ON, for an overnight visit with family. Took the ferry across and the back roads through Lambton and Middlesex counties. What a great, leisurely drive. And what a weekend! I sure picked the right rally to attend for my first one. The bar has been set very high this weekend. My thanks to all my new friends who made me feel so welcome and at home.
Please remember that the best way to use that survival bracelet is to keep it on your wrist and not have to use it.
I will post some knotting references on a new post, later.
Thanks again and stay safe... Happy trails...
Scouter Dave.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #308

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1993 Scamp 16ft.
Michigan
Scouter, we wore ours to church today and the grandkids already want to know how, and when they will be making them. Both of the boys are cub scouts currently. Be safe.