MI Sept 7-9 2012: michigan algonac glassic egg scramble! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: what ya wanna eat????
roast goat 6 22.22%
roasted turkey,chicken 21 77.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #41

Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Um..... in September?
Early September, Absolutely!
MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #42

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
ok here what we have so far....
john/devon.....74........scamp
mcdenny .......58,,,,,,,lil snoozy
mszabo.........72........bigfoot
pam.............,71.......uhaul
mikele..........52........Egg
kevin............68.......uhaul
mikell...........59........libertyvan
so thats seven reservations , i think its ok that we aren't clustered perfectly.. allows us to wonder about a little and meet others in the area too. also,, even though it looks like we are scattered on the map,its actually quite close. looking forward to figuring out something stupidly good to eat saturday. hmmm maybe a spit roasted turkey? or we could try our hand at a turducken?

if you need to call in a reservation,,,,1-800-447-2757

we will probably get there early friday , to set up and be there to great others as they arrive.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #43

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!

Log me in for site #55. 1976 Trillium, 13ft.
I am told that check in time is 1500 and that they do not like you to arrive too early so I'll see you on the afternoon of the 7th.
Scouter Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #44

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I'll be getting there early afternoon, to give myself a few hours to get backed onto the site straight.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #45

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I would vote for the spit roasted turkey. My mouth is watering already!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #46

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
I'll be getting there early afternoon, to give myself a few hours to get backed onto the site straight.
It could be worse, Pam, you could be a butcher. Ever hear the one about the butcher who backed into the meat grinder? As you can imagine, he did get a little behind in his orders.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #47

Michigan
awww pam,,,i bet you park as a well as any of us....we just all think we park like experts,,,doesn't make it so. you know what an expert is? you have to break the word down,,,the first part of the word is ex,,,an ex is a has been, the second part is spert,,, a spurt is a drip,,,under preasure.

yeah,,,that turkey does sound good, i have cooked them at scout camp in a trypod before, never on a spit.

on a tripod we made tubes of chicken wire about 3 inches in diameter and two feet long, we wired a tube to each leg and filled them with lit charcoal hung the turkey in the middle in a browning bag. and wrapped the tripod in aluminium foil like a teepee. it came out awsome. we went on a little nature hike , came back in a couple hours to a hot wonderful turkey dinner.

what do you bet that i have a hand forged turkey cooking spit by september?lol i think i just have enough coal to do such a project.
i am planning on some squirrel cookers anyway,,so i will upscale something for turkey.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #48

Registry
mmmmmm, john, that sounds wonderful. If we all bring a passing dish we would have quite the meal. Do we all chip in for a 40 lb turkey?

ScouterDave - your location says Newfoundland/Laborador... are you travelling that far to camp at Algonac? I am impressed. My MIL brought back some bakeapple jam from a trip to Nefoundland. It was wonderful.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #49

Michigan
well, we have a long way to go before we make shopping plans. maybe we will have to cook a bird and a roast or something totaly different.

lol i just have this thing that went on between me and my old hunting buddy. we started planning and talking about meals for next year even while we were still in the woods hunting that year.lol
we spent 30 years together hunting for, fishing for,looking for ,shopping ,finding,cooking and talking about food.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #50

Michigan
hmmm i read that as he is owned by those breeds of dog. they only let us thing we own them.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #51

Newfoundland & Labrador
Bakeapples

I could not get to any of the rallies this summer due to previous commitments for jamborees, festivals, BSA camps in NH and a few other crazy things. This is the first one that I have an open calendar for. There was nothing marked in for Sept. until today. October may bring on that fulltiming sensation again and this time I just might go.

I will see what I can do about some jam.

And, a WORD OF WARNING..... you do not want me anywhere near a BBQ.

D.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #52

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
What a variety of campers! I will try to make it, however, it is the start of the semester. I cannot promise.

Notice how easily the hubby said he can leave me behind for camping ?

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #53

Registry
Dave, I didn't mean that I wanted you to bring bakeapple jam, just that I had eaten it at one time and it was very good (also very interesting to read about the bakeapple fruit). OMG, Please don't worry about trying to bring any
Cindy, after all our kibbitzing back and forth on the forum, it will be great to meet you in person if you can make the rally.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #54

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
We reserved #67 nice short walk for my coffee addicted self to make room for more coffee. Unless I steal some of DW's pale ale, different motivation same destination.

Looking forward to meeting you all, and checking out all the different rigs.

Tip for backing in is: no matter how the rig sits when you get tired of dinking with alignment get out smile, look wise, and proudly proclaim "perfect".
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:15 AM   #55

Newfoundland & Labrador
Algonac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Dave, I didn't mean that I wanted you to bring bakeapple jam, ..........
A couple of mason jars will not have much affect on the gas consumption. Moose meat will be difficult to carry that far, flippers, blueberries or cod the same so I will go with something that won't spoil on the way over.
Either way I will try to bring something.
I am a fair hand in the kitchen but still not too confident about sharing the culinary results with others so I will have to hit the preserve tables at the bake sales this summer. D.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #56

Trailer: 13 ft 2000 Scamp
Count us in, we just reserved site #64, looking forward to it.

Bunny and Steve
Steve M K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #57

Michigan
scouter dave has offered to teach us how to create a lovelly and usefull paracord survival bracelet. they really are cool looking and a fun campfire side project is always a handy thing to know about. once you have it down they can be made in a rainbow of colors, and make a handy little gift too.

he says he can bring the supplies and we can give him the couple dollars it costs for each so he isn't out cash from his own pocket.

this reminds me , if anyone else has a fun little craft they do at camp,and would like to teach others about it, by all means sound off on it and bring it along. my wife is very into fiber arts , knitting ,crocheting and weaving for example
Old 06-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #58

Trailer: 13 ft 2000 Scamp
That sounds like fun, I have tried to figure those bracelets out online and they seem to be complicated, so count me in on learning to make one.

Steve
Steve M K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #59

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
ok here what we have so far....
john/devon.....74........scamp
mcdenny .......58,,,,,,,lil snoozy
mszabo.........72........bigfoot
pam.............,71.......uhaul
mikele..........52........Egg
kevin............68.......uhaul
mikell...........59........libertyvan
so thats seven reservations , i think its ok that we aren't clustered perfectly.. allows us to wonder about a little and meet others in the area too.....
if you need to call in a reservation,,,,1-800-447-2757

we will probably get there early friday , to set up and be there to great others as they arrive.
To update the list.
rogerdat.......67.......scamp
steve...........64.......casita

now up to nine confirmed. Folks won't be able to hit the bathroom without wandering past FG row. John you really started something. Thanks. Oh and I love the "Glassic Egg Scramble" name.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #60

Michigan
i think it would be pretty cool if we could do this a couple times a year.

hmmm the fiberglassic egg scramble scrambled egg cookoff could even be in the works

poke around for recipes folks,,,no tellin what challenges may arise