MI Sept 7-9 2012: michigan algonac glassic egg scramble! - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: what ya wanna eat????
roast goat 6 22.22%
roasted turkey,chicken 21 77.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #161

Name: PaulOWindsor
Trailer: 2011 Trillium 1500 & 2002 Airstream 34
Ontario
Perhaps the reason this gathering is going to be successful, is because of the timeing (2nd wknd in Sept) as earlier in the summer people likely have other things planned (family vacations, etc) that would conflict & prevent them from attending.

Then again...why would we be surprised that the "Egg-Timer" has to be right for this to work out ??

Hey, with that in mind...if we haven't firmly settled on a name for the gathering...as hopefully it will become an annual event...would "The Algonac Egg-timer" be a good name ??

P.
PaulOWindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #162

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulOWindsor View Post
Perhaps the reason this gathering is going to be successful, is because of the timeing (2nd wknd in Sept) as earlier in the summer people likely have other things planned (family vacations, etc) that would conflict & prevent them from attending.

Then again...why would we be surprised that the "Egg-Timer" has to be right for this to work out ??

Hey, with that in mind...if we haven't firmly settled on a name for the gathering...as hopefully it will become an annual event...would "The Algonac Egg-timer" be a good name ??

P.
hmmm something to consider,,,ok everyone come up with a good name. we will choose one at the campout and the winning sugjestion will win a prize.
P.S. you will be required to take the prize with you when leaving the park!
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #163

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I just did a headcount and am coming up with 22 attendees. The last one to confirm a reservation was Jennifer with her Captain.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #164

Michigan
this is going to be some sight to see. all that glistening fiberglass in one location. going to be fun to see your setups. wow 22 trailers means,,,assuminig 2 folks per trailer 44 people.
now i know not every trailer will have two,,,but ,, anyway you look at it thats lots of folks.
how much green jello with those little marshmellows does it take to feed 44 people?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #165

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
...how much green jello with those little marshmellows does it take to feed 44 people?
Well it depends on if it's green jello in little plastic cups made using a St. Patricks day recipe, or the stuff that folks bring to the church potluck.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #166

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
Wink Pot luck

[QUOTE .....One way to do pot lucks is to "assign" certain classes of food based on last names - A-L does salads + rolls, M-R does desserts, S-Z main dish - that sort of scheme......[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty handy in the kitchen and with Scout Camp menus but assigning me a specific dish to prepare will be courting disaster. I may have the skills to survive but I certainly do not have the confidence to prepare and share with others [yet]. I don't go to potluck suppers at the old folks club, church or the Legion for that reason.
And, you do not want me anywhere near a BBQ!

Just thought you should know....
Scouter Dave
Scouter Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #167

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter Dave View Post
[QUOTE .....One way to do pot lucks is to "assign" certain classes of food based on last names - A-L does salads + rolls, M-R does desserts, S-Z main dish - that sort of scheme......
I'm pretty handy in the kitchen and with Scout Camp menus but assigning me a specific dish to prepare will be courting disaster. I may have the skills to survive but I certainly do not have the confidence to prepare and share with others [yet]. I don't go to potluck suppers at the old folks club, church or the Legion for that reason.
And, you do not want me anywhere near a BBQ!

Just thought you should know....
Scouter Dave[/QUOTE]
you can always volunteer as head fire tender. i assume you have your fire chip?
Old 08-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #168

Registry
c'mon, how hard can it be to whip up some jello shots? if you put in too much jello, you have,,,,Jello. and if you put in too much booze, you just have more FUN!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #169

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
c'mon, how hard can it be to whip up some jello shots? if you put in too much jello, you have,,,,Jello. and if you put in too much booze, you just have more FUN!!!
I have never heard of jello shots but I had better steer clear of them.
I take things one day at a time and I have not made jello since the kids were little. And that's a l-o-n-g time ago.
Toutons I said and toutons it is. With molasses or maple syrup.
Scouter Dave.
Scouter Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #170

Registry
I looked up Touton, Dave, and it sounds yummy. I'll take mine with maple syrup, please
Old 08-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #171

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
hmmmmm? trying to decide if i want to move my trailer closer to pam? or farther away?lol
Old 08-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #172

Registry
have you ever had 'drunken gummy bears' ?
Old 08-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #173

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
John, my camp site is next to Pam's, I think I'm in trouble. lol
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #174

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
hmmmm drunk gummy bears???? yeah dude ,,,you might want to rethink your location..... drunk gummy bears? really? i'm eather afraid of her,,,,or just found my next hero.

anyway,,,,,,and more importantly,,,,we are now 1 thats ONE month away. i am more excited the Opra Winfrey in a hoho factory!

think we may forget the goat roast as their aren't enough interested to get a goat for,,, but turkey and chicken are on the menu, along with anything else i might think up. so i guess its time to start listing what we will bring so we don't end up with 20 bowls of coleslaw and nothing else.
i plan on cooking :
1 turkey
2 or 3 chickens depending how much they cost. (dude have you seen the price of a stupid chicken lately?)
perhaps some kabobs too.

will try to get my wife to make her potato salad as it is so good..mouth waters just thinking about it.

might even see if i can pick up some corn on the cob,,,,campfire,,,corn on the cob,,,,what can be better?
well thats a start. wonder how we can list what folks will bring with out adding another 30 pages to this post string?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #175

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
I can make a BIG batch of homemade baked beans for the potluck. Yes John I bought one of those overpriced chickens last night. Funny thing you can go to Meijer and buy a raw roaster for about $6-7.00 or go to the deli and buy a roaster from their slow roaster ready to eat for $4.99.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #176

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
We'll bring a mixed fruit salad. Went well at the Indiana rally we went to in May.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #177

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I plan to bring country-style green beans with mushrooms.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #178

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post

....and Scott, my friend Marty on site #77 serves a mean glass of red wine in a mason jar. We had a great wine and cheese afternoon on our previous camping trip...

Since my trailer only has a small stove, and I don't own a crock pot, there will not be a hot passing dish from me. I think I'll do a pasta salad.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #179

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Hmm, if I can make it, I won't be too far from site 71. I may go door knocking to bum a glass of red wine.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #180
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Smile More Canucks coming

[QUOTE=CindyL;326365]Hmm, if I can make it, I won't be too far from site 71. I may go door knocking to bum a glass of
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote