MI Sept 7-9 2012: michigan algonac glassic egg scramble! - Page 17 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: what ya wanna eat????
roast goat 6 22.22%
roasted turkey,chicken 21 77.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #321

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Cindy...are you old enough to retire? If not, maybe you could lie about your age. My wife & I didn't have to lie. I'm an old fart and she's an old bag and we love retirement. Shudder to think what would happen if we had to go back to the classroom.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #322

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Here are potluck photos.

As an album (you can click on the thumbnail and next through full size photos).
http://www.flickr.com/photos/drccac/sets/72157631502162018/detail/

Or as a slideshow:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/drccac/sets/72157631502162018/show/
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #323
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Thanks John for a great weakend ,bryce rose and I had a great time and met new friends already planing for next year. Bryce says thanks for the holy mackerel award and plans to install it above the fireplace he installs in the burro lol.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #324

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Nope. Likely never be able to afford to retire.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #325

Name: Mike & Ellen
Trailer: 1988 Liberty Van Companion 17'
Michigan
Registry
Wink

WOW, what an awesome w-end!!! So nice to meet such a great group of folks!!! Thx for your vision John in making this rally happen.
We left the campground at noon today (Monday), and I have to tell you all that the campground was just not the same without all the glass and thier owners there. Roger, thank you for all your time involved in taking & posting the photo's!
Mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #326

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I've posted some photos on the boler page on FB. (just type in Boler and you'll find it) Mikell, I want the name of that wine that I was drinking at your campfire at midnight saturday. Hopefully I can get it locally.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #327

Name: PaulOWindsor
Trailer: 2011 Trillium 1500 & 2002 Airstream 34
Ontario
I'd like to also add the voices of Admiral Mary & myself to those who have praised the event...congrats to everyone on a job well done !!!

And further (as several have already said..) we also hope the Algonac Egg-Scramble becomes an annual event...as it would be a crying shame if this was not repeated next year !!

I don't know how many of you are of similar mind, however, as for us...we'd like to ask that the event continue in it's present location & become established as "always" being held on the weekend after the Labor Day weekend !!

By doing this, the AES will continue to grow as one of the latter events of the summer & in a campground that is (does anyone disagree with me on this point ??) perfect for our use, since it allows such easy access from both sides of the border.

We had a great time & met so many fine people...we will certainly be back next year !!

Cheers, P.
Attached Thumbnails
Algonac Egg Beater.jpg  
PaulOWindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #328

Michigan
Another set "fun-stuff" is just assorted pictures of the interesting and fun things at the rally.

Photo Album http://www.flickr.com/photos/drccac/sets/72157631492993066/detail/

Or slide show http://www.flickr.com/photos/drccac/sets/72157631492993066/show/

Only one more set to go! That will have to wait until after work Tue.

Hey if you PM me the names of your dogs I can add them to the picture titles in the "campers" set, after all they are campers too.

I know Malibu the mini-schnauzer (named afte booze why is that so easy to remember?) but was not 100% sure on the other dog names.

Agree campground was great, would have no problem with next year being in the same location. But would listen to other ideas, I don't camp much in that part of the state so limited knowledge of what is available.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:18 AM   #329

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
paul i'm inclined to agree with you on the place and date. as i think about it my one mantra has always been,,,"if it ain't broke,,,don't fix it." and clearly this was not "broke"
Old 09-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #330

Trailer: Predom Prespol (N126N) Captain
Registry
Super weekend

Even though we didn't scramble our eggs, (mine were over-easy on Saturday morning), had a great time. I've haven't seen so many older folks so intent on doing a craft as when Dave was instructing us on our survival bracelets. Shows we are all like 10-yr olds under the gray hair!! Thanks Dave!

Had fun on the ferry on the return trip, once we found the entrance!! Talk about a well-guarded secret with terrible signage - took us three tries to find it. Anyway, I had to laugh at all the walk-on senior citizens clutching their bottles of hooch. I guess it is cheaper to "take the ferry, buy at the duty free, come back, stand in line, pay the tax" than it is to drive to Wallaceburg or whereever to get it in Ontario. Certainly much lower wait time than the bridge so pay the $3 extra and enjoy the ride.

Jennifer and Ivan and the Captain (a.k.a. egg-cubed)
Jennifer Minogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #331

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
paul i'm inclined to agree with you on the place and date. as i think about it my one mantra has always been,,,"if it ain't broke,,,don't fix it." and clearly this was not "broke"
Remember when you were trying to get a consensus on when and where, and it seemed like nothing was coming together? So much for that!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #332

Trailer: 1987 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
We had a wonderful time and met some wonderful people. A return engagement would be met with enthusiasm on our part.
Jim Bago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #333

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
You should have come on over, Mike G, it was a blast.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #334

Michigan
Took a little longer than I thought to get caught up and get these up in a "more-fun" set. Mostly of folks visiting, and the "jello" that was so well recieved being enjoyed. Have a couple of interior pictures, will be checking for more and add them to this set.

And the Playmore that just happened to be at the park at the same time. Bet they were suprised.

Link to photo album: more-fun - a set on Flickr

Slide show:
more-fun

I also find that Scott took several nice pictures of the rigs so as time permits will upload those in case people want to download a photo of their rig.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #335

Trailer: 13 ft 2000 Scamp
Wow, these are great pictures, thanks for posting them. Also put us down for the same time same place next year, we loved it. Also Scouter Dave, you will be happy to know that I just spent the better part of two hours making a survival knot band for my Tilley hat. See what you started!

Bunny and Steve
Steve M K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #336

Name: JoJo
Trailer: Former CT 13 Owner
Connecticut
Absolutely wonderful weekend. Kudos to all, especially John and his DW.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #337

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
Roger, you rock on the photos, thanks for all your hard work pulling them all together. Looking forward to next year.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #338

Trailer: 1987 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Roger that! Scott.
Jim Bago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #339

Trailer: Predom Prespol (N126N) Captain
Registry
Update on broken roof hatch

For those who commiserated with me over the broken hatch, I have found a replacement hatch at a Polish RV parts site through the forum in England for the Freedom Microlite lovers (there is a Facebook page for everything!!). Somebody said the parts were a lot cheaper in Poland than to get them from the dealer in the UK so I followed the link. They can correspond in English so I didn't have to get my Polish friend to act as intermediary. I still haven't heard back from the manufacturer, even from the person who corresponded with me a couple of years ago. These guys responded same day.

The new hatches are clear plastic rather than transluscent - will get more light in that way. There is a screen on the inside of the trailer and it is easy to put room-darkening material on it if so inclined.

Old trailers certainly present their challenges!! Jennifer
Jennifer Minogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #340

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Minogue View Post
For those who commiserated with me over the broken hatch, I have found a replacement hatch at a Polish RV parts site through the forum in England for the Freedom Microlite lovers (there is a Facebook page for everything!!). Somebody said the parts were a lot cheaper in Poland than to get them from the dealer in the UK so I followed the link. They can correspond in English so I didn't have to get my Polish friend to act as intermediary. I still haven't heard back from the manufacturer, even from the person who corresponded with me a couple of years ago. These guys responded same day.

The new hatches are clear plastic rather than transluscent - will get more light in that way. There is a screen on the inside of the trailer and it is easy to put room-darkening material on it if so inclined.

Old trailers certainly present their challenges!! Jennifer
cool for you!

can you believe 25 pages and this thread is still active?