Spring Mill Indiana - May 2006 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2006, 11:51 PM   #21

Trailer: Casita Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa F
Quote:
Excellent! I count 14 trailers so far, with more time to go.
I have been on casitaclub for a few months and recently joined this one. I was going to give my site up, but couldn't do it...I am still thinking of meeting y'all. I'm at site 41 and will be bringing my Bullmastiff

the following weekend is a get together in N. Ga., so I am torn on what to do.. maybe I should just take the whole month of May off traveling, camping, hiking!

hmmmmmmmm......
I might be on to something!
Lisa F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:03 AM   #22

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
get together next Spring at Spring Mill....

Two possible weekends are May 12-15 and May 19-22 (the following weekend is Memorial Day
Where is "Spring Mill" campground/city???? I have friends in New Albany, IN so maybe I can visit them before/after the get together....My daughter is having a baby in May, scheduled for the 23rd..but it's POSSIBLE the doctors might bring that forward a week.....anyway, I can't make a reservation till I find out what's happening along that line.

Russell
william russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:24 AM   #23

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
It's in Mitchell, Indiana. South of Indiapolis. I forget exactly now, but it was 5-6 hours from Detroit. Might be about the same, maybe a little less than that for you, being as you're roughly due north.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/properties/...springmill.html

Mapquest says Mitchell is about an hour northwest from New Albany.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:33 AM   #24

Registry
Quote:
.. maybe I should just take the whole month of May off traveling, camping, hiking!

hmmmmmmmm......
I might be on to something!
That's it! Immersion therapy! Really get into camping!

I read once that it's not a real, useful vacation unless it's at least two weeks long. It takes about a week before you release from your everyday stresses.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:29 AM   #25

Trailer: 1987 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
We had a wonderful time at Brown County State Park last October. We just booked May 10th and 11th for Brown County and May 12-14 for Spring Mill on site 5. We'll look forward to seeing those of you from last October and meeting new friends. We might have to stop at Gnaw Bone for pork tenderlons...
Jim Bago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:36 PM   #26

Registry
Jim and Autumn,

I look forward to seeing you all again. Sounds like we'll have a full complement of pets as well. You had a dog if I remember as well as John and Fae, Bill and Karen and Lisa if she makes it.

I'll be at Spring Mill the previous Saturday or Sunday. I plan a trip up to Nashville, IN to window shop. If I'm not too pooped after tromping around I may swing through the park to say "Hi". Either way, see you 12th-13th.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:11 PM   #27

Trailer: 1987 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
It'll be good to see you and everyone else again. We'll be at site 204 at Brown County on May 10th and the 11th. Hope you can drop by. Anyplace in Nashville we should check out? We like good grub and a beer. (The town was just too packed last October for us to explore it.)
Jim Bago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:02 PM   #28

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1987
Quote:
It'll be good to see you and everyone else again. We'll be at site 204 at Brown County on May 10th and the 11th. Hope you can drop by. Anyplace in Nashville we should check out? We like good grub and a beer. (The town was just too packed last October for us to explore it.)
Try the Nashville House. Make sure you have the fried biscuits and apple butter. The good news is that in May you should actually be able to get a table in something like a reasonable amount of time.

- Michael
MKohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:18 PM   #29

Quote:
Where is "Spring Mill" campground/city???? I have friends in New Albany, IN so maybe I can visit them before/after the get together....My daughter is having a baby in May, scheduled for the 23rd..but it's POSSIBLE the doctors might bring that forward a week.....anyway, I can't make a reservation till I find out what's happening along that line.

Russell
It should easily be less than 2 hours from New Albany. You can take U.S. 150 to Indiana 37 and follow the signs in Mitchell to the Park or you can take Indiana 60 directly to the park. I'm pretty certain in my Bus-Driving days I did that run in about an hour.

The park itself has some very nice attractions, including the Mill itself, the pioneer village and several caves, in and around the area are French-Lick/West-Baden, Marengo Cave, and BlueSpring Caverns.

- Michael
Old 03-24-2006, 09:08 AM   #30

Trailer: Love Bug 1973
"I look forward to seeing you all again. Sounds like we'll have a full complement of pets as well. You had a dog if I remember as well as John and Fae, Bill and Karen and Lisa if she makes it."

eggs and dogs - sounds like a perfect spring outing!
Kent Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:13 PM   #31

Trailer: Casita 2005 17 ft Freedom Deluxe
Virginia and I will be in site 42. We are both looking forward to meeting everyone. We will bring potato salad for the pitch in. It won't be too much longer now, all we need is some warm weather. Tom
Tom & Virginia Allin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #32

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Attention all Spring Mill attendees, what night, Friday or Saturday, do you all want to have the fish fry that I promised? Please PM me or send me an email.
Thanks
Roy Bakehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:54 PM   #33

Trailer: 1985 Companion
Registry
Roy,

I think that Saturday would be best since everyone will be coming in at different times on Friday. Just my 2 cents worth. We just got back from Tennessee ( Bristol Motor Speedway for the snow no less). I am really excited to see so many new faces are coming to the rally !!!!

Karen

p.s. We DIDN'T take the camper altho' I would have liked to.
Karen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #34

Quote:
Roy,

I think that Saturday would be best since everyone will be coming in at different times on Friday. Just my 2 cents worth. We just got back from Tennessee ( Bristol Motor Speedway for the snow no less). I am really excited to see so many new faces are coming to the rally !!!!

Karen

p.s. We DIDN'T take the camper altho' I would have liked to.
Evelia and I vote for Saturday as well. While I make take off work early (I "think" I can get away with it) we likely won't leave until my wife finishes work at 4:30. Given that will still be hooking up and settling Friday evening.

- MEK
Old 04-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #35

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Quote:
"I look forward to seeing you all again. Sounds like we'll have a full complement of pets as well. You had a dog if I remember as well as John and Fae, Bill and Karen and Lisa if she makes it."
eggs and dogs - sounds like a perfect spring outing!
Ken,
We 1st seen our 1st egg at Orchard Beach State Park about 5 years ago. It was a couple from Canada. They had a very old Burro 13' w/ a volvo. We found our 1978 Trillium 4500 15 footer in the "Wheeler Dealer" 3 1/2 years ago in Williamston, MI. Let's talk more. I have a wife and our son is now 11 years old. Dave
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #36

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
The fishfry is on for Saturday!!!!!!!!!
Roy Bakehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:32 AM   #37

Trailer: Love Bug 1973
Unfortunately, I've had to cancel my planned trip to Spring Mill. I'm hoping that there will be a FG get-together closer to home so I won't have to take out a second mortgage to pay for gas. Have fun - site #36 is up for grabs!
Kent Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:53 AM   #38

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Quote:
Unfortunately, I've had to cancel my planned trip to Spring Mill. I'm hoping that there will be a FG get-together closer to home so I won't have to take out a second mortgage to pay for gas. Have fun - site #36 is up for grabs!
Hi Ken,
Did you see my comment to you just a couple replies up? How long have you had you Trailer? Where did you find it? I found mine in the "Wheeler Dealer" down here in Williamston, MI for a song 3 1/2 years ago. Have you been to Orchard Beach State Park yet? How about Aloha State Park? I'am always looking for our trailers eveytime we go camping, but have only seen a Scamp, Casita. It was only at Orchard Beach State Park all those years ago where we seen the Burro, then the very next year 2 Boler's and 1 Trillium 1300, that was just a year or so after when we got lucky finding ours crown jewel!
Please reply Dave in Howell, Michigan
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:20 AM   #39

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
We are TRYING to fit this outing into our schedule. Lots going on the next few weeks.
BUT, if we can't make it for overnight with our Scamp 16, would it be an intrusion to stop by for only a few hours on Saturday? ( we live in Louisville- not that far) One of the reasons we'd like to come is to see the Casita trailers (not to mention meeting everyone). We are only mildly considering selling and going a tad bit bigger but really would like to see inside. Guess we feel a little bit funny about asking.
Still trying to fit overnight and enjoy the comradery (and contribute to the fish fry) but haven't made reservations. It looks like site 36 is open.
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:41 AM   #40

Registry
I don't think anybody would mind at all. I know I don't mind.

I've often show the trailer to complete strangers in the campground.

Now, if you show up at 5:00am you might get spotty reception from the different campers!