Sunshine On Whidbey Is. This WKND-join Us At Ft Casey Sp! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #1

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
OK, OK, so we only live 18 miles away from FT CASEY STATE PARK in WASHINGTON STATE on the West side of beautiful WHIDBEY ISLAND, next to the KEYSTONE FERRY DOCK - still, it's a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL SPOT - a first come, first serve crampgrounds - AND the weather forecast for the coming days are for SUNSHINE AND ABUNDANT WARMTH - quite a rarity for this neckathewoods.

FT CASEY SP http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selec...rk=Fort%20Casey
enjoys access to miles of PICTURESQUE PEBBLE BEACH where we've found AGATES! Plus, every 1.5 hrs the charming Keystone Ferry comes and goes and its passengers love to wave at us. The sites are sunny and breezy, perfect for an unusually warm May weekend. Temps to 82 degrees. TEMPS TO 82 DEGREES!!!

COME AND JOIN US. We'll be there for Fri and SAt nights... our Casita with PEACE SIGN... can't miss us. And nearby historic Coupeville will be enjoying its 17th annual WATER FESTIVAL...

Saturday, May 17th, 11 am - 6 pm
Coupeville, Whidbey Island, WA
www.penncovewaterfestival.com

The Penn Cove Water Festival Association takes place along the Coupeville waterfront on Saturday, May 17, 2008, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

This unique family festival is a blend of Native culture, history, and environmental education. It revives the historic Coupeville Water Festival and Native Canoe Races from the 1930s, with canoe clubs from Washington and Canada traveling here to participate. The canoe races begin and finish at the Captain Coupe Park boat launch. Visitors can walk along the waterfront from downtown Coupeville or take the free shuttle to the boat launch to see all the action. Canoe Races begin at noon, and a Family Canoe event takes place downtown at 12:45.

Hope someone/s can come join us!

HAPPY CAMPING!
Sharen & Simon
Langley on Whidbey Island, WA
Attached Thumbnails
FtLangley_Sept07.jpg  
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Glad you can get out while we Washingtonians enjoy this lovely weather that will come upon us for 3 days!!! It should be alot of fun for you.. I just went out last weekend and Sunday the showers came so I headed home..
My weekend will be mowing the lawn.. and puttering around here with the dogs...
Have a great time!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Glad you can get out while we Washingtonians enjoy this lovely weather that will come upon us for 3 days!!! It should be alot of fun for you.. I just went out last weekend and Sunday the showers came so I headed home..
My weekend will be mowing the lawn.. and puttering around here with the dogs...
Have a great time!!
Thanks!
WA State motto: Carpe Diem!!!

Sunshine on ya!
Sharen
Old 05-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #4

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
One week too early for me! I don't leave for Washington until next week. But have a great time.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #5

Quote:
One week too early for me! I don't leave for Washington until next week. But have a great time.

Bobbie
Dang!
And we've been looking forward to meeting you. Well, we know where you are on Sunlight Beach. We're up the hill from the Inn at Langley, waterside.

See you some time this summer. Are you going to Bullard's?
Sharen
Old 05-14-2008, 08:04 PM   #6

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Dang!
And we've been looking forward to meeting you. Well, we know where you are on Sunlight Beach. We're up the hill from the Inn at Langley, waterside.

See you some time this summer. Are you going to Bullard's?
Sharen
No, once I get to Washington I'm staying north until August. I may be taking a trip up to Vancouver Island instead.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Hey you two I have your colander from shamp-oooe. Babe and I will be in laconner for the heat wave and if we drive over to whidbey for the water fest well find you and drop it off. thanks so much and sorry for not being a good neighbor that returns things...

Ft Langley was great. Cool helpful folks and good weather until Sunday.

carole
carole sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #8

We loved Ft Langley last year, but couldn't go this year. Glad you had a good time! I'ts a wonderful campgrounds and sweet town. We love the book store there - folks sit around eating soup with their dogs curled up at their feet.

As for the collander (duh! I didn't even miss it)... there are more where that one came from (local thrifts). If you do come for the water fest, drop by Ft Casey - the crampgrounds near Keystone Ferry - and look us up. But likely we'll be in Coupeville for those fabulous Penn Cove mussels!

Speaking of collanders - that's a sore subject at our home. I'm married to an Englishman, Simon. He never much liked pasta and used to mock the dish. I LOVE pasta.

So on one of our cramping trips - in the dunes near Coos Bay, OR - I have a yen for pasta and prepare a spaghetti dinner. But, whoops! no strainer.

Hmmm? Simon says, "Here, let me drain the pot," and I let him take the steaming pot of just-cooked slippery, hot pasta away from the hands whot should have known better! I say, Be careful that it doesn't fall out in the sand.

Likely you know the rest: Lid slips (yeah, right). Steaming hot pile of pasta makes a big lump IN THE SAND. The 5-second rule can't even apply here!

Simon's never been able to convince me that he didn't do it on purpose, which is why, ahem, collanders are a sore subject at our house.

LOLOL
Cheers,
Sharen

Old 05-15-2008, 11:23 AM   #9

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Hey Gal!

Ft. Langley was nice! Packing up in the rain was NOT! I was sooooooo paranoid when I went back home over the border, I couldn't shut my mouth (ok, everyone who knows me can take your potshots now).

I just kept talking........ "I think I threw everything out, but I might have missed something, what should I have been looking for, don't want to hide anything, my mind is so forgetful anymore, don't want you to think I'm lying, the rain was so distracting this morning, the kids were distracting me, I can't remember what I have left, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.......

The guy in the booth sat there politely smiling and let me ramble on until I ran out of things to say. Then he says, "Did you have a good time?" He totally threw me and I said, "HUH?" Then he says, let's just take a look in your cooler, is that OK? At that point I was ready to give him my cooler......It took another 30 seconds and then he gives me a sheet of paper that says EXACTLY what you can and can't drag over and a phone number to call for any updates. I felt like I was back in grade school sitting in Sister Enda's office getting in trouble for being "snippy" with Mrs. Cataldo the librarian. (Yes, that really did happen.)

Boy, I sure wish I could run up and join you guys this weekend, but have an obligatory, somewhat boring family function to attend Saturday evening........Have a ball! I'm going up to Birch Bay over Memorial Weekend, any chance you'd join me?

Sharon
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:26 PM   #10

HAHAHAHAHA... Great description of crossing back to America. I felt as if we were sitting in the seat next to you. Fun-neeeeeeeeee... it sure can feel intimidating. Plus, who wants a $300 fine for 3 meatballs (cooked in America), a thin slice of leftover bbq'd steak (from America), and the real culprit - a small bag of dry Canadian dog food (nevermind terrorists, beware Mad Cow Disease!).

Arghhh!

Well, Sharon, I'm glad all went well, 'cept for the packing up in the rain.

I'll look up Birch Bay and get back to you on that. Typically, however, we stick around Whidbey Island on those wacky holiday weekends. Still... sounds tempting, especially if the weather is nice. But you know what they say in Western WA: Summer doesn't start till the day after the Fourth of July... if it starts at all.

Cheerios,
SharEn wink wink
Old 05-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
<snip> I couldn't shut my mouth (ok, everyone who knows me can take your potshots now).

I just kept talking........ "I think I threw everything out, but I might have missed something, what should I have been looking for, don't want to hide anything, my mind is so forgetful anymore, don't want you to think I'm lying, the rain was so distracting this morning, the kids were distracting me, I can't remember what I have left, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.......
My mother would say you had been vacinated with a phonograph needle (both does that date me
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #12

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
I know its still a long ways off, but the Trailer Goddess and I will be at the Lynden KOA from July 3rd. to 10th and then heading over to Ferndale to partake of a weekend Car show. Camping IS F R E E if you register with a car. (said car does NOT have to be a show car) Registerationa also entitles you to a host of neat stuff like 'Buck a Bowl' chilli night friday. Buck (loonie) buys you your choice of one of FIVE different temperatures of chilli, a piece of home made corn bread a can of pop and a piece of home make cake. Theres more too...... but this isn't THE place to be posting these sorta things (it just MIGHT intreague Donna into coming with her P/U, LOL!!!).

BTW, THANKS all of you who helped make our largest egg nest (Glass Eggs Nor'West) such a big hit. We DO hope ya'll cum back now, ya'here!!! Sept is next meet, same park but prolly with even more sites available and rumor has it the pool which is seasonal, MAY still be open .
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #13

Well, we weren't the only ones who thought they'd sneak over to Ft Casey SP on Whidbey Island to enjoy the sunshine and record-breaking heat. Turns out it was a 3-day weekend for Canadians. You know what that means... parks full!!! Still, we had a nice, if brief, get-away in "No Yoke." For those who care to see pictures of the campgrounds at Ft Casey and the charming Keystone/Pt Townsend Ferry, have a look...

http://picasaweb.google.com/HEATHGAL..._WHIDBEYISLAND
Old 05-18-2008, 12:29 AM   #14

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
Looks like you still had a great time for an over-nighter. A better time than we did washing our tow vehicle today and giving our Northern Lite (The Tardis) a bath in preparation for next weekend. Great pics. We'll have to head up to Whidbey some time.

Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:42 AM   #15

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Boy O Boy, great pics! I can't believe the view from your backyard!!!!! Can I come a park my trailer in your yard for a night or two??? Thanks for sharing the photos of your weekend. Next weekend I'm off to Birch Bay.
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:30 AM   #16

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Nice pictures! Looks to be beautiful up that way.... I am glad you got to at least go on a short get-a-way....
I keep looking for spots to open up ( hoping for cancellations) in July but I have my doubts.. At least I am booked for June and Sept so far...
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #17

Quote:
Boy O Boy, great pics! I can't believe the view from your backyard!!!!! Can I come a park my trailer in your yard for a night or two??? Thanks for sharing the photos of your weekend. Next weekend I'm off to Birch Bay.
Yes, indeedy... you and the boys and Gertie are welcome to come "plug in" anytime. We have a big, fenced-in yard for kids and dogs. Our home is high-bank waterfront- a short walk to downtown lilliputin Langley, which is a small (pop 1050), charming seaside community with restaurants, art & antique shops, and a fun marina for the boys to fish and crab from the pier.

http://www.visitlangley.com/

All of Whidbey Island is very picturesque with many charms, which is why we live here... and why folks come down from Canada on long weekends, squeezing us locals out of the parks! Oh well, I guess we do the same to them. Our Langley, WA, and Ft Langley, BC - for those familiar with one but not the other - are strikingly, charmingly similar! So, Sharon, get us on your calendar!

Today's a backyard BBQ day if ever there was one!
Enjoy! Sharen