Texas Bluebonnet Casita Fest - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-18-2003, 09:01 AM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Meet

I'm gonna get to meet Mary!
I'm gonna get to meet Mary!!:)

Mary, looking forward to this. You and Donna can discuss libraries. She is missing the TLA convention to go to Lost Maples. The convention is in Dallas this year, so no big deal. However, next year it is San Antonio and I may lose her for that week.:sad

Nick, I'll help count the trailers (to run an old joke into the ground).

Leslie

Old 01-18-2003, 09:06 AM   #16

Bluebonnet Campout

You guys keep rubbing it in! This is going to be a wonderful get together, I just know it. I wanted to go to this more than you know, but it appears that there is a schedule conflict for me than cannot be changed.

These spaces are limited and going very fast...those who are still trying to decide, you better make reservations -- soon.

Bring back lots of pictues

Old 01-18-2003, 09:40 AM   #17

Quote:
Orginally posted by Leslie H. Loftin

Nick, I'll help count the trailers (to run an old joke into the ground).

Leslie
Leslie I guess there really is a Mary, at least Charles says there is.In April we will all know for sure.

The loop at Lost Maples is pretty short. If you look in the rear view mirror you will probably be able to see yourself. (more running into ground):o
Old 01-18-2003, 09:52 AM   #18

Ha!

Ah yup, there really is a Mary Foster.

Actually, to run another joke into the ground, I met two Mary Fosters, quite by accident, camping in a far-off, pristine mountain top campground near a lake where the trout literally jump into your frypan.

And, to this day, Mary tells me she will kill me if I tell people the name and location of the campground.

Maybe you guys can pry it out of her at the rally.

Les ... I'd put you in charge of counting trailers anyday!

Since Les won't explain ... I'll be happy to tell people that the first night Les and his wife camped in their little fiberglass wonder, they drove around the campground after dropping off the trailer.

Coming around the loop, Les was excited to see another little fiberglass egg camped in the same campground ... excited, that is, until his wife pointed out that Les had "found" their own trailer because they had merely driven around in a big circle.

So, from this day forward, we put Les in charge of counting little fiberglass wonders.

There's one ... and another one ... and another one. We let Les drive around in circles until he tires and the count is super inflated.
Old 01-19-2003, 04:47 PM   #19

Filling Up

Just checked and was told there are only 4 left now.
Old 01-19-2003, 06:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally posted by Leslie H. Loftin

Mary, looking forward to this. You and Donna can discuss libraries.
Leslie
Hi, Les. :wave

Nice to know Donna and I have something in common (besides our Casitas), but you can set her mind at ease and tell her I promise not to talk about libraries the whole entire weekend!

I mean I figure she's skipping TLA because she'd rather go camping than talk about libraries... and I would hate to disappoint her!

:jester :jester :jester
Old 01-23-2003, 11:22 AM   #21

last call

There are two sites open at Lost Maples for the TEXAS Bluebonnet Casita Fest.

As my Mother used to tell me speak now or forever hold your peace. :reye2 :cool
Old 01-28-2003, 08:30 PM   #22

Bluebonnet

Checked with Texas Parks and Wildlife this afternoon. There is one site left.

If you have your reservations made please contact me directly with your names, email address, and phone #.

more information in a day or so. Thank You.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:16 AM   #23

Quote:
Orginally posted by Leslie H. Loftin

Nah, nah, nah, nah boo-boo, I just did! Beat you to it Leslie! ;)

Just kidding about the nah, nah part, but not about meeting Mary. I had the good fortune of meeing Mary and Skip this past weekend. I was passing somewhat close to their area and they braved the nasty weather on Superbowl Sunday to come and meet me. They are both really nice people and I know that you will have have a great time. Just wish that circumstances would allow me to be there also. Y'all have a great time!
Old 01-31-2003, 10:18 AM   #24

Texas Bluebonnet Casita Fest

Further Information.

Late Saturday afternoon we will go to the Lost Maples Cafe for a group meal. I have never eaten there myself but I have friends in the area that give it a very high recommendation. I have contacted the owners and have been assured that they will have no trouble handling our group.If you don't wish to attend let me know.

This is the only group meal planned so be prepared.

Bob Hunt is furnishing the marshmallows. Don and Claudia are bringing skewers to roast them on.

Richard and Patty are the official firewood comittee. There are small grills at each campsite so we will pick one and use it for a group fire.

Be sure to bring chairs.

We will have 2 30 cup coffee pots. We will furnish the coffee you furnish the cup. We drink ours black so if you drink recreational coffee you need to furnish your own ingredients.

We will have a Casita show and tell. If you want to know something about your Casita there will be someone there who knows. If you want to show something about your Casita there will be someone there to listen and look.

We will have bird watching, hiking, live music, relaxing and enjoying life.

We will have at least one expert trailer backer on hand,

There is a dump station as you leave the park. If you have any questions or need assistance
ask.

The roads are narrow and crooked with many deer so BE CAREFUL.

When you have confirmed reservations be sure to contact me directly with your names location and contact information.This is for head count and nametags.

This is the Texas Bluebonnet Casita Fest. All small fiberglass travel trailers are welcome.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:46 PM   #25

Bluebonnet

Come on people help me out.

On Janurary the 28th I ask people with reservations to contact me directly with names, location, arrival date, whether you were eating with us Saturday evening, and telephone #.

Please I need to know.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:44 AM   #26

Update

Well it looks like we will have twenty four Casitas. At least thats the number of people with reservations that have contacted me.

We will have some visitors attending too.

:wave :wave
Old 03-10-2003, 08:09 PM   #27

closer

Three weeks and three days.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:08 PM   #28

>>Bob Hunt is furnishing the marshmallows.

Nick, is he also bringing the wienies? :sick That is some kind of weird ''menu'' Bob's cookin' up. (I remember he said they eat out a lot, and I'm beginning to understand it!)

If it's all the same to you, you and Marlene can have the spot next to Bob - y'all can put Skip and ME all the way down on the end. (Probably will happen anyway, as we'll be among the last to arrive.)

For those here who don't read other boards, some of the folks who are planning to attend the Texas Bluebonnet Casita Fest (all fiberglass travel trailers welcome) are getting a bit giddy with anticipation. They're talking about eating wienies with marshmallows and stewed okra.

Yuck -oh.

Probably just doing it so's those who can't go don't feel so bad about what they're missing.

:cblob

Tags
casita