CO The 4th Annual (?) Cherry Creek Round UP - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #21

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Duh, I went back to last years list and it looks like we had 31 signed up and spread out between loops.
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #22

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Wallo, I actually think we ended up with 33/34 trailers last year. 50 some people spread out over 4 loops! It's not that I don't like Cherry Creek, actually I love the sites! But they are so spread out it's tough with a Rally.

I like the suggestion for Golden Gate State Park as well as anything near Glenwood.... I am all about! Unless of course we get a whopper fall snow!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #23

Name: Shirley
Trailer: Casita patriot
Colorado
If you decide on Golden Gate....earlier in September is better. It is going to be cold at night in later Sept. up at 8400 ft. or so. I'm being selfish though....I am going to the La Veta gathering on the 20th so if you change it I can make both. I used to live about a mile from Golden Gate though and it can be iffy in Sept. up there.
ShirleyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #24

Any other suggestions? If we are gonna plan something we need to get it thrown out there........ Do we just wanna do a camp out in early fall?

Sorry, I haven't stayed on this. In the middle of moving not only myself and Dh. But also sold and moved my Mothers home (she passed in Oct) so I have been up to my eyeballs in Estate Sales, moving trucks, etc....... This week, I will actually begin to see normal. Maybe! Guess if you consider a new home full of bins and boxes, normal!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #25

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Has the turnout at Cherry Creek been pretty consistent over the past few years? If there hasn't been any strong response for one place or the other, and you are so busy, lets make it Cherry Creek again this year. If anyone really really wants another place, speak up now. We can always discuss it later and get a new location for 2014 at the get together. The 2nd or 3rd week in September, like last year?

Do you need any assistance that I can provide from here?

Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #26

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
I vote for Golden Gate State Park.
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlen Wolf View Post
I vote for Golden Gate State Park.

Does that mean you two would attend?

I love Golden Gate, but wonder if there are enough sites there. Though will say, it wouldn't be as spread out as CC........... Is there a loop you suggest Orlen?

What does eveyone else say? Pipe in here, please! We gotta get something going....................... Also, what dates sound good to everyone?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #28

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Nope, Denver area not for me.
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #29

Colorado
Any decisions on a location and date for this one yet?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #30

Name: kevin
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Colorado
How about up the Poudre

Mountain park campground is really nice. It has some sites with hookups, but it also has a group area that accommodates 75. How many people are we thinking might come?

Find Campsites - MOUNTAIN PARK, CO - ReserveAmerica - [NRSO]
KevinScamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyA View Post
Any decisions on a location and date for this one yet?

I wished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinScamps View Post
Mountain park campground is really nice. It has some sites with hookups, but it also has a group area that accommodates 75. How many people are we thinking might come?

Find Campsites - MOUNTAIN PARK, CO - ReserveAmerica - [NRSO]

Kevin, I have never even heard of Mountain Park! Is it nice? What else is in the area to do?

Honestly, if everyone would just jump in and say what they wanted, as in where to hold the roundup it would really really help! And more than one or two people. I got a lot on my plate and deciding for everyone sucks! Just saying!

Red Feathers is wonderful also. Come on guys and gals, help figure this out!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #32

Colorado
I think Mountain Park looks great online. Not to be pushy, but can we just pick that and get on to a date? Say like Sept 13-?????

Then one of our activities at the rally can be getting ideas for next year.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #33

Shirley, that sounds great to me!

So lets give it tonight for yeahs and nays and then as of tomorrow we will just go for it! Sound good? Date sounds great to me too!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #34

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Only 6500 feet too for people who need to consider that. It does look like a nice place. Not that I can come but 6500 feet would make it possible. Maybe I would only get a little sick! Love your scenery, not the altitude.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #35

Ok, Should we go with Mountain Park, Shirley? Others?
Old 04-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #36

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
The Mountain Parks are beautiful! Let us know when you have a plan...
Robert Reighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #37

Colorado
Let's do it!! Mountain Parks on the weekend of Sept. 13. Robin, do you want to put out the official announcement?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #38

Colorado
Well, another bit of info I just found. After Sept 2, all of the sites at Mountain Park are first come, first served. So....no reservations. I don't know how folks would feel about driving some distance for a gathering without knowing they had a parking spot. What to do....oh what to do?
Old 04-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #39

Ewwww, that's not good for people who are coming in on friday. Hmmmmm, Ok so should we go with Golden Gate? Or go for moving it to Aug?
Old 04-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #40

Colorado
Well folks, Robin and I have both tried to find a place to have this Colorado Rally. Mountain Park looked like a great choice but they are booked until September and after that it is FCFS. I don't know if those of you who are interested in getting together would want to go ahead and plan for a date in September knowing you may or may not have a parking spot. I think it would be fine for folks arriving during the week but perhaps questionable for those of us who might drive up late on Friday for the weekend.
I guess for now there is no scheduled rally unless Robin hears about something and posts here or one of the readers takes the bull by the horns and finds a spot we've not considered. Thanks everyone for the suggestions and thank you, Robin for following up on all of them.