Old 09-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #15
Name: B
Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
The 5 campers and their respective occupants all had fun at this little known event.
I want to THANK our buddies, Sharen and Simon, for getting this going and for hosting a FANTASTIC pot-luck dinner. Boy, did we eat well on SHORT NOTICE!!! Vickie and Chuck brought tastier than tasty home grown tomatoes, Paul made his famous cast iron kettle (or was it annodized alluminum?!) bread, Norma brought fantastic pasta, John and Lisa brought something good...but my senior memory just failed me and my TWO plates were already full of other STUFF, so I must not have tasted their goodies...Damn!
And Sharen bought everything that the Lutheran ladies (or was it the Episcopals or the Presbyterians!!!) had to offer as far as baked goods at their G-Sale (pie, corn bread, ice cream).

Next year we should all go again. OTHERS should get it together and sign up, because this is a big Washington State Park weekend...it was completely full with G-salers and retirees.

Next year, for OUR second annual G-Sale event, we will have even more BEST IN SHOW categories. This year we had:
Trailer Trash
and others I can't remember! (Another senior moment!!!)
See everyone at the upcoming NOG at Stub Stewart in October!

bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #16
Name: Sharen Heath
Trailer: Our current Cramper is a 2005 PLEASURE-WAY
Hello fellow crampers!
Just a word of two about our fun, fun small gathering along the Cranberry Coast of Central WA last weekend. Traveling south from Whidbey Island, WA, with our 97 Casita, Simon and I arrived in Grayland Beach State Park on Thursday, Sept 17, where we were soon joined by Barbara Buehler of Manzinita, OR, in her Compact II. It was the 13th Annual Westport to Tokeland 30-Mile Garage Sale. Oh boy!

We enjoyed sunshiny skies the entire weekend, but for one NIGHT of heavy rainfall... dry by 10am! Can't complain.

We garage-saled to our hearts content, finding treasures we simply couldn't live without... at one point we'd collectively spent $27 per mile, so we thought we better slow down before the endeavor set us back thousands!

Pretty soon we were joined by John & Lisa in their Casita, Paul & Norma in their Scamp, and Chuck & Vicki (can't recall what they have). We decided to have a little garage-saling competition, creating "Jeapardy-style" categories, such as: History, Literature, Arts, Music, International, Electronics...

Chuck and John took the International Award with a miniature Eiffel Tower and Leaning Tower of Pisa, respectively! John also earned special recognition for the "Useless Piec'a" category with his miniature bale of Texas cotton. I didn't do badly in the Literature category with the "Batboy Lives" book of National Enquirer news articles. Barbara earned "Fashion" with a nice lavendar cordoroy jacket for her mother. Simon snagged a few awards for electronics - don't ask me what they were.

We all enjoyed an impromptu potluck on Saturday night (see pix below).

Fun weekend... highly recommended for a return gig next year.

Cheers all,
Attached Thumbnails
GraylandHall_small.JPG   grayland_barb_trunksmall.JPG  

grayland_categories_small.JPG   grayland_chuckandjohn_small.JPG  

grayland_cramper_small.JPG   grayland_paul_small.JPG  

HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote