Washington Gathering - At Taidnapam Park - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #41

Trailer: 2003 13 ft Scamp
Have reserved site #269. Looking forward to meeting new people. Lee, Lynda and Charlie(old english sheepdog) from Duluth, MN.
russelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #42

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Hello Taidnapum Friends!

Simon & Sharen checking in to say Hey and Happy Spring! Don't tell anybody but we (meaning Oregoneons & Washingtonians) did enjoy the KINDEST WINTER in the whole bleepin' country, right? (OK OK, so not counting Hawaii!) Now a warm and sunny Spring is bloomin' all around us. Spring it on!

But, shhhhhhhhhhh! Our Casita cramper still sleeps - hibernating under the protection of a wonderful, breathable whatchamacallit... oh, that thang Greg Finke sold us for pennies on the dollar. He practically GAVE it to us... the Casita cover. (See image attached.)

Greg, thank you for selling this to us. We don't have a hard-shelter for the cramper, so the next best thing is this breathable Casita cover, and it's worked like a charm.

Barbara B I will be emailing you soon honeybunch... Garage Sale season is just beginning to rev up! Hooray!

Hope this note finds EVERYONE very well. I have a new "cornpone" recipe I'm eager to try out in the DO - a recipe given to me by a real Texan, so it's is gooo-oooood!

Be seeing some of you at NOG, and others at this WA state meet-up. Looking forward to our spring roadtrips and gatherings.

Cheers,
Sharen & Simon
& fuzzybutts Keeper (age 14) and True (5 /12)
Attached Thumbnails
100_0002_01.jpg  
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #43

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Sharen,

You're quite welcome. Hope you and Simon enjoy it for many years! I'm Also looking forward to getting back into the cramping mode again!

And yes, we have been truly fortunate this winter with some of the mildest winter weather in the country these past few months. It's kinda nice (for us up here the the NW) to have winter temperatures well above what they experienced in places like Georgia, Texas, Louisiana, Arizona, etc. Not to make light of the tragedies and losses of those who experienced many hardships caused by the "El Nino" weather patterns, but I just gotta say "Neener-Neener!"

Greg
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #44

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Quote:
"Neener-Neener!"

Greg
LOLOL... Yeah, but you knoooooooooooooow what happens when we PNWers get a bit smug? Ol Man Winter might just turn around and kick our sorry butts. A few years after we moved here it snowed on April 6th. Yikes!

Glad Brenda is coming to Taidnapum. It'll be lotsa fun... again!
Cheers,
Sharen

HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #45

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Question

Hi all,
Sorry to say that Vicki and I will not be at Taidnapam this year, and that we'll miss all of you and the train ride we had planned. A conflict in scheduling means we have had to cancel our reservation. But we'll see many of you at the NOG in about a month.
And we'll aim for Washington again next year — it's a great site, for sure.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #46

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Just brining this back up to the top! 53 or so days to go!
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #47

Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact Jr
Well, if'n y'all can tolerate an Ageless Hippie; Amber Rose will be in 202.
Dave Bese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #48

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
It saddens Mailie and I to report that due to a scheduling conflict, we will have to cancel our reservation
We will instead be joining the small group at Maryhill
See you at the NOGs.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #49

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Just "bumping" this back up. A little over a month away, still lots of room for anyone thinking they might want to attend.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #50

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Just bringing this back up to the top...

Tiadnapam is a nice place for those that live in the north west..a real jewel...loads of fun.....level camping spots....real fresh cut flowers in the washrooms, c'mon people! 32 days to go!
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #51

Trailer: 1977 Boler (Orange Sunrise 'Clementine')
Registry
Since we weren't ready for the April Oregon gathering, we are considering this one. When I perused the different campsites, it looked like more of the sites in the older area were considered private, which I like. Is there any downside to the older area? We have simple needs (no hookups needed at all, but a pull-through site and clean bathrooms are a big plus), so the beauty and privacy of the campsite trumps most other things.

Amy
Amy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #52

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Amy, if you've ever been to a gathering of eggs you'd remember privacy is not as much a concern as seeing what everyone else is up to.... like who's got a fire going and do I need to bring a chair

But yes, the older sites are much more private. If I was going camping by myself, that's where I'd want to be. But when there are like-minded people that I want to get to know and visit with, I prefer to be in the thick of things. Besides, it's a bit of a walk from the older area to where most of the eggs are gathering in the newer area.

At the first NOG at Silver Falls, my site was like being back in a cave. Totally private and I felt like I needed to take my lawn chair to the front of the driveway to observe the doings... I really disliked it. But it would have been perfect if it was just me!

YMMV
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #53

Trailer: 1977 Boler (Orange Sunrise 'Clementine')
Registry
Good point, Donna!

Quote:
Amy, if you've ever been to a gathering of eggs you'd remember privacy is not as much a concern as seeing what everyone else is up to.... like who's got a fire going and do I need to bring a chair

But yes, the older sites are much more private. If I was going camping by myself, that's where I'd want to be. But when there are like-minded people that I want to get to know and visit with, I prefer to be in the thick of things. Besides, it's a bit of a walk from the older area to where most of the eggs are gathering in the newer area.

At the first NOG at Silver Falls, my site was like being back in a cave. Totally private and I felt like I needed to take my lawn chair to the front of the driveway to observe the doings... I really disliked it. But it would have been perfect if it was just me!

YMMV
Amy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #54

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

OK. I can't figure it out. What does YMMV stand for?

And to answer a question by someone: Riffe Reservoir is huge (11,830 acres) and there is plenty of room for canoes. Most of the power boats that I observed last year were fishermen. BTW Last year we were there for fish Washington free day.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #55

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
OK. I can't figure it out. What does YMMV stand for?
Your Mileage May Vary. Usually meant as your opinion may vary, or you might get different results.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #56

Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Registry
OOOOOOOOOPPS !!!

I closed my eyes to anticipate the "Wonders of the Washington Woods" and I must have dosed off.
I didn't report in. Sorry

Bill and Tilly-the-Trillium will be in site 212, Thurs/Jun 03 - Mon/ Jun 07.

Bill
Bill and Jacquie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #57

Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact Jr
So is there any scheduled functions or is this all spontaneous?
Dave Bese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #58

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

Quote:
So is there any scheduled functions or is this all spontaneous?
These are NOGs - Non Organized Gatherings - But there usually is a pot luck on Saturday night. During the day persons participate in activities peculiar to the region. Goldendale has an observatory which sometimes allows public viewing:

http://www.perr.com/gosp.html

There is a replica of Stonehenge:

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/WA-Stonehenge.html

There is a museum and winery:

http://www.maryhillmuseum.org/

http://www.maryhillwinery.com/

Lots to do around the area.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #59

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Quote:
These are NOGs - Non Organized Gatherings - But there usually is a pot luck on Saturday night. During the day persons participate in activities peculiar to the region. Goldendale has an observatory which sometimes allows public viewing:

Good links for this weekend at Maryhill Roger, but I think Dave was asking about Taidnapum in June

Last year at Taidnapum (WANOG) we had a weenie roast/beer exchange Friday and a potluck on Saturday with lots of visiting and exploring in between...Norma even found herself a quilt shop in Morton
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #60

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Quote:

Good links for this weekend at Maryhill Roger, but I think Dave was asking about Taidnapum in June

Last year at Taidnapum (WANOG) we had a weenie roast/beer exchange Friday and a potluck on Saturday with lots of visiting and exploring in between...Norma even found herself a quilt shop in Morton
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote