Washington State (first annual) Get-Together - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #41

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Quote:
And Sharen, we have been working on our Mexican train but guess that will have to wait until the NOG. See everyone in Silver Falls.
Sí, de hecho mis amigos, Sr. y señora. Consideramos adelante a verte Las Caídas de Siver y a batir los pantalones de ti en un juego del Tren Mexicano. Es siempre diversión cuando nos reunimos.

Gracias tanto por tu mensaje.
¡Rastros felices!
Charen
(that's how Mexicans pronounce my name)

http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #42

Trailer: 1978 13 ft Scamp
IM bummed that i cant make this this year. perhaps next year. ill be there in sprit, anyone in WA going to the Vintage Trailer Rally in Mt Baker?

August 14-17
The focus is all vintage trailers & motor homes 25 years and older. However ALL RV’s are welcome. (Just be “an old RV’er at heart!”)

Parking is $15.00 per night water/power hookups and $10.00 dry camping. The rally fee is $25.00 per unit (of one or 2 people) for the four-day event. Early arrivals are most welcome. No Reservations needed.....just come. We have plenty of room. Directions: Take I-5 to exit #255 in Bellingham , WA , the Sunset Drive/ Mt. Baker Hwy exit. Head east on the Mt. Baker Hwy ( S.R. 542 ) towards Mt. Baker until you pass mile marker #9. Then at the bottom of a hill turn left onto the Cedarville road. In about a mile the Deming Log Show Grounds will be on the left. We will be camped in the back away from the little country road.
Valerie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #43

Bummer! Wish we'd known about that sooner.
Some years ago when we owned a vintage ('69) Airstream Tradewinds, we cramped at the Deming Log Show Grounds for an Airstream gathering... it was our first intro into this "cramping cult" stuff, and we had a blast. It's a no-frills but perfectly fine area - big, flat grassy field ringed in evergreens... also has a train or mining exhibition, if I remember correctly. We'd love to be there but we've got tickets for Garrison Keillor and APHC show at Marymoor on Aug 15.

Maybe next year!

What is the web site for vintage RVers?

Thanks and have lots of FUN,
Sharen

Quote:
Directions: Take I-5 to exit #255 in Bellingham , WA , the Sunset Drive/ Mt. Baker Hwy exit. Head east on the Mt. Baker Hwy ( S.R. 542 ) towards Mt. Baker until you pass mile marker #9. Then at the bottom of a hill turn left onto the Cedarville road. In about a mile the Deming Log Show Grounds will be on the left. We will be camped in the back away from the little country road.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #44

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
"also has a train or mining exhibition"?? Good guess Sahron, LOL!!!
Its actually an antique logging exhibitation built there because logging has always played suc animportant part in DEMING's history, thus The Deming Log Show Fair Grounds. We'll be making two trips down there from up here. First trip is to partake of the Vintage trailer meet. Then the following Wednesday we will be returning with our Trillium and Plymouth along with some other likely Canucks to set up camp for the 'Summer Fun Run' (Hot-Rod camp-out weekend).

....does the background look familiar??
Attached Thumbnails
__37_Plymouth_and_Trillium_Pix_016.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #45

Trailer: 77 Scamp
"bear bait" you even put him (or her) on a lease so the bear hardly has to work for that tidbit how nice and convenient.....going to see if I can make it

Quote:
Eric, whenever YOU are there, our Whidbey Island is represented in exemplary measure. See you there!

Sharen & Simon, from the scintallating south end
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #46

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 ft
Family gathering forces us to cancel our reservation for site #53. Hope to attend next year if this is a repeat event. Will see everyone who attends NOG in OCT.
Gil & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #47

Trailer: 1973 Boler
Quote:
Family gathering forces us to cancel our reservation for site #53. Hope to attend next year if this is a repeat event. Will see everyone who attends NOG in OCT.
Jenny and I would love to come meet you all, but we're riding the motorcycles down to Texas that week. Now that our little egg is useable/mostly done we want to meet our fellow trailerites. Dunno what a NOG is yet, but if it includes beer I'm probably interested.

BTW, we're taking our inaugural first trip in our first trailer to Jack Johnson this thursday and friday (Aug 21, & 22) at the Gorge. We'll be staying at the Wildhorse Campground ( highly recommended for shows) where we saw and fell in love with our first Bolers last year at the Dave Mathews Band concert.

brady hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #48

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Dunno what a NOG is yet, but if it includes beer I'm probably interested.

NOG = Northern Oregon Gathering to be held October 10-13 at Silver Falls State Park near Salem Oregon. (Another name for the NOG is Not Organized Gathering)
Beer? I think there's going to be a beer exchange. Click: Northern Oregon Gathering for all the details.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #49

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
and NOT to be confused with the "GEM" mid September.

GEM = Glass Egg Meet in Ft.Langley B.C.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:12 PM   #50

Trailer: 1973 Boler
Those sound great but nither are in the cards for us this year. We scrambled to get our egg roadworthy, but everything took much longer than expected. All of our travels this year are packed into late August through October as we will knock out the western half of the states by motorcycle. I'm curious how comfortable these trailers are in the colder, wetter seasons here inthe great PNW. I can't see parking her all winter after barley getting to use her this summer. Too many toys and not enough play time.
brady hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #51

Loving near-beach cramping, we moved our Grayland reservation arrival date up a day, arriving Thursday, Sept 25. Anybody else arriving early?

BTW:
Whidbey weather: 67 with light rain (feels great after a week of hot weather)
Island gas: $4.07 yikes, still too high

Here's a pix of Simon checking out the rules at Prairie Creek Redwoods Crampgrounds in NO CA a month ago.

Attached Thumbnails
HPIM1094.JPG  
Old 08-19-2008, 09:42 AM   #52

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I will also be arriving on Thur the 25th! I figure around 1pm ...
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #53

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

The wench and I are arriving Thursday also.... Being old and feeble, we don't like to get in a hurry We're starting WED and will wander our way there.... Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:48 PM   #54

Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Registry
Whoopeee! We've got a space!

Thanks, Gil and Kathy - Sorry you couldn't make it this year.

Bill and "Tilly-the-Trillium" will be arriving on Friday to occupy Space #53.(Jacquie will be visiting relatives in San Francisco.)

Thank you Greg, for hollerin' "Get'em up, Move'em out: We're meetin' up at Grayland Beach! Yee-Haw!"

Thank you Donna. You can stake us out at #53

Bill

Bill will be walking the dogs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bills_Slippers._ogs........_1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	15313

Bill and Jacquie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #55

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Bill and Jacquie, Welcome aboard, and glad you can make it to the "first annual."

Gil and Kathy, Sorry you folks had to cancel, but we'll see you at Silver Falls in October.

Donna, if you would be so kind as to revise the roster at your convenience, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Greg
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:11 AM   #56

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Ladies and gentleman...representing Seattle-ish in this corner at site 48
*ahem Larry, Carrie oh yes I am gonna be your neighbor *
I thought maybe I should stay home and do all the fun falls chores, then it occured to me why would I want to do that when I could be camping, see you there!

Can someone post that over on casita website I really don't want to sign up and wait for their okay when all I have to say is I am signed up*thanks in advance*
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #57

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
Ladies and gentleman...representing Seattle-ish in this corner at site 48
*ahem Larry, Carrie oh yes I am gonna be your neighbor *
I thought maybe I should stay home and do all the fun falls chores, then it occured to me why would I want to do that when I could be camping, see you there!

Can someone post that over on casita website I really don't want to sign up and wait for their okay when all I have to say is I am signed up*thanks in advance*
Brandy- Glad you finally got your priorities straight...... See ya there L&C
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #58

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
To: WA State get-together participants,
Add another rig to our outing. Mike and Sandy from Tacoma will be in Site #4 (first night), and then at Site #14 for the rest of the weekend. Welcome aboard.
Greg
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:04 AM   #59

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Sorry but I had to cancel this meet.... My little boston scratched her eye so with the meds and vet visits I wont be able to attend. the money I use for gas etc will have to go to her care.... She is my world and more important to me right now....
Maybe next yr...

If anyone wants spot 52 a transer of $7 is applyed...
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #60

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
Greetings from South Dakota! We are sorry to have to miss the Washington gathering, but do not think we will be back from traveling by then...so have cancelled space 59. Hope you have good weather and a great time!

Vivian & Joe
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote