WA Washington State Get-Together - 2011 - Discussion Only - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 01:35 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 19 ft
I'm with Deb & Chuck and paulw, going to the Escape Rally, then it's open for the Washington Get-Together and, of course, Bandon.

Rick
Old 08-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #22

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I would like to come to a Pete Dumbleton Memorial Gathering. Being in California I'd opt for a date before or after the Oregon gathering to tie the two together. Others might want to do the same. Actually two weeks in between would good. Maybe the 1st weekend of August that would even put us close to the date of his demise.

Pete liked the ocean so something maybe over that direction would be nice or the Sound.

I'm not real familar with WA SP's. I have been to Ocean Shores, Kitsap and Twin Lakes state parks. As well a Salt Creek County Park.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 09-06-2010, 02:01 AM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Potential - unlimited

Using the new members list on this website, I found 236 rigs in Washington.
This is 373 members minus 216 "no trailer yet". The rest figured the same:

BC: 659 - OR: 236 - CA: 500

West coast total: 1732. If we all moved at once, we'd shut down the interstate!

This is probably optomistic because some people have "hunting" or "still looking" or other indication they have no trailer.

(The entire website has 13,140 members with 4,846 nty = 8,294 approx.)

BTW: My other camping group is a Good Sam group and so they stay at Good Sam parks all the time (private). So we are not getting a lot of experience with Washington parks. Beside Taidnapam and Maryhill, we have been to Greys Harbor, Millersylvania, Dosewallops and Fort Townsend with the family as well as above Entiat in the NP. Of these others, I liked Fort Townsend about the best, but they do have wedding parties which can get rowdy.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #24

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
If we all moved at once, we'd shut down the interstate!
Wow! Even if only 1,000 of us took to the road at once, wouldn't that look cool!

Thanks for the great image and chuckle! And for doing the math!

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Old 09-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #25

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Lastest Update: 9-8-2010

VENUE:

Taidnapum - 4
Grayland Beach - 2
Other Venue (Eastern WA/ Cascade Mts. area) - 3

TIME FRAME:
First weekend in June - 4 (this has been our past time frame)
Hold it a few weeks later in June - 7

I will keep this updated as this thread progresses...Keep 'em commin'!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:59 PM   #26

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
A few folks have voted for later in June, so as not to conflict with the Escape event. We would like to see the 2011 event held no more than one week later.

My wood turning club meets the third Thursday, followed by the "Sawdust Session" on the immediately following Saturday. We already miss some of the other Pacific Northwest events due to this conflict, or have to drive long and arrive late.

Holding the 2011 event the second weekend would avoid the Escape event and also allow us to get to my Turning Club meeting, and still come to the WA event.

Mike and Sandy
Old 09-19-2010, 11:55 PM   #27

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Peter and I vote for "Other Venues". One of things we love about the NOG (North Oregon Gathering) is the opportunity to learn about Oregon state and county parks that we might not have otherwise heard about and really enjoyed staying at.

We are open on time frame, as long as it isn't the same weekend as the NOG

--Lynne (and Peter)
Old 09-20-2010, 07:19 AM   #28

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Hi, GREG!
Glad you started the 'thinking-where-when to-go' process.
I LOVED Donna's thoughts about the Escape meet happening on the June 3rd weekend and would love to attend both meets...and Taidnapam would be right on our way home to Manzanita, if we stayed a few more days to cruise BC. It's one of my favorite spots to be.
If we did the weekend after, June 10th/11th, that would maybe keep us dryer and beat the kids out of school stampede.
I'm ready for a big camping trip, but will have to wait until June, since the upcoming trip to Waterloo will be a relatively small distance for us to go.
See you in June, unless you are coming to Waterloo or going to come visit US in Manzanita. You and your wife are always welcome to hook-up here, in our driveway.
All the best,
Barbara
Old 09-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #29

Registry
Thanks for the open invite Barb. Here's the latest updated poll results so far...

Lastest Update: 9-20-2010

VENUE:

Taidnapum - 5
Grayland Beach - 4
Other Venue (Eastern WA/ Cascade Mts. area) - 6

TIME FRAME:
Hold it a week later in June - 11

Old 09-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #30

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Simon and I like Taidapum, but we also like to explore OTHER VENUES in beautiful WA state. That said, we'll go... wherever! Time-wise, we're flexible.
xoxoxo
S&S
Old 10-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #31

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15 ft
As Donna says, "Escape Trailer Industries is putting on their second gathering June 3 - 5th at a very large campground in Osoyoos, BC. If you choose the same dates, you'll be competing for participants".

I for one could attend both if they were different weekends. And the weather in the PNW is always a crap shoot. You take the good with the bad. Any place could luck out and be perfect or not luck out and be miserable. But it's the people we camp with that makes it fun.

Here are a few suggestions: Camano Island. It's in a area of the state that gets very little rain fall each year. Kind of a sun belt.
Millersylvania is right out of Olympia. In the middle of the state.
Yakima Sportsman is in the middle of the state and appears to be on the "dry" side which tends to be warmer also.

Maybe someone has more information on any of these three parks.

Cathy
Old 10-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #32

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
I like Cathy's suggestion to go to Camano Island. I've always wanted to swing by when I'm headed South on I-5 but never take the time to actually go there. I hear it's nice and if it's a Banana-Belt, we definitely should try it out!
Barbara
Old 10-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #33

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Finke View Post
Thanks for the open invite Barb. Here's the latest updated poll results so far...

Lastest Update: 9-20-2010

VENUE:

Taidnapum - 5
Grayland Beach - 4
Other Venue (Eastern WA/ Cascade Mts. area) - 6

TIME FRAME:
Hold it a week later in June - 11

I vote for Camano Island the week of June 11.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #34

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Camano Island SP is nice, but doesn't take reservations - and its time to make them somewhere.... all the beach sites at Grayland are already reserved.
How about Taidnapum this year and a vote on location for next year - sort of like Donna does for the NOGs?
Old 10-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #35

Registry
Well, so far the general concensus seems to be keeping it at Taidnapum, at least for this next year. After that, I guess it can be revisited in the future. It also seems that most folks would prefer to hold it on the second weekend of June, instead of the first weekend as we've done in the past. But I do feel that Paul is right in that we should start booking our event soon before the sites we want are all filled up.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #36
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
2011 Washington NOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Finke View Post
Well, so far the general concensus seems to be keeping it at Taidnapum, at least for this next year. After that, I guess it can be revisited in the future. It also seems that most folks would prefer to hold it on the second weekend of June, instead of the first weekend as we've done in the past. But I do feel that Paul is right in that we should start booking our event soon before the sites we want are all filled up.
Greg,
I think Paul is correct in thinking we need to get our reservations in somewhere. So are we saying that we will make 2011 at Taidnapum on June 10-12th, and then vote on the location of the 2012 meet at that time?
Deb
Old 10-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #37

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
We'll be in site 217 June 10-12
Old 10-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #38
Commercial Member

Escape meet in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuehler View Post
Hi, GREG!
Glad you started the 'thinking-where-when to-go' process.
I LOVED Donna's thoughts about the Escape meet happening on the June 3rd weekend and would love to attend both meets...and Taidnapam would be right on our way home to Manzanita, if we stayed a few more days to cruise BC. It's one of my favorite spots to be.
If we did the weekend after, June 10th/11th, that would maybe keep us dryer and beat the kids out of school stampede.
I'm ready for a big camping trip, but will have to wait until June, since the upcoming trip to Waterloo will be a relatively small distance for us to go.
See you in June, unless you are coming to Waterloo or going to come visit US in Manzanita. You and your wife are always welcome to hook-up here, in our driveway.
All the best,
Barbara
** See Donna post***
Old 10-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #39

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
Barbara,
I believe the Escape meet is just for Escape trailer owners since it is put on by Escape Trailer Industries.
Deb
Nope, I've been invited. Me and my old Scamp. For sure, it's being billed as an "Escape" gathering, but Reace and Tammy won't exclude anyone. If you really want all the details, check it out on the EscapeForum
Old 10-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #40
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Nope, I've been invited. Me and my old Scamp. For sure, it's being billed as an "Escape" gathering, but Reace and Tammy won't exclude anyone. If you really want all the details, check it out on the EscapeForum
Donna,
Thanks for clarifying that one... I guess I was used to being in the Bigfoot Owners club too long where if your RV didn't say "Bigfoot" you weren't allowed to register. I just assumed from watching the video log that it was only for Escape brand trailers other than the one lone Airstream owned by a former Escape trailer person.
Deb
Closed Thread