Way Way up North - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2006, 06:00 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
This might be a repost! I saw Annie had posted this on the calender but not here soooooo!
That is Assable Point , Ny , USA 3rd rock from the Sun

Hi All,

I finally got around to reserving our campsite at Ausable Point for
Friday, June 2 thru Friday, June 16, 2006 and posting an invitation
on FiberglassRV.com. Any or all of you and/or your friends who would
like to join us there are welcome. Available sites near us for those
dates (as of today) are #'s 26, 29, 32, 37, 39, 40, 41, 43 and 48,
plus others. The boat launch is a couple of sites down from us, but
you can access the river from several sites along there, including
ours. There's a bald eagle nesting down there on the point and
biking is also good at the campsite, though it's not all that big a
campground.
Hope to see you there. We'll definitely be at Moose River in October,
too.

Catch you later!

Ann & Lynn

hope i done good by posting this note, if not i will have to remember to wear body armor at Moose river
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
This might be a repost! I saw Annie had posted this on the calender but not here soooooo!
That is Assable Point , Ny , USA 3rd rock from the Sun

Hi All,

I finally got around to reserving our campsite at Ausable Point for
Friday, June 2 thru Friday, June 16, 2006 and posting an invitation
on FiberglassRV.com. Any or all of you and/or your friends who would
like to join us there are welcome. Available sites near us for those
dates (as of today) are #'s 26, 29, 32, 37, 39, 40, 41, 43 and 48,
plus others. The boat launch is a couple of sites down from us, but
you can access the river from several sites along there, including
ours. There's a bald eagle nesting down there on the point and
biking is also good at the campsite, though it's not all that big a
campground.
Hope to see you there. We'll definitely be at Moose River in October,
too.

Catch you later!

Ann & Lynn
hope i done good by posting this note, if not i will have to remember to wear body armor at Moose river
Ann Wilke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #3

Wa-a-a-l Al, - yer Anglish could use some fixin' but ya, you did O.K. The river was named Ausable by the French who explored Lake Champlain (with Samuel de Champlain) - it has a beautiful sandy bottom and you can paddle upstream, almost to Ausable Chasm.

Sorry I didn't post the get-together here. Hope paddlers would like to join us. The fishing's good, too. They just stocked the Ausable River with trout, they're small, of course - but boy are they biting!!!

Wish my Mac would let me use the smilies on this forum!
Old 04-01-2006, 07:50 PM   #4

mac will let you use his smiles Annie ~

hope Mac will put up with almost solid month of kamping, maybe some of those lill trouts
just might make that ol thoothlees bag of bone smile! i ment the kat not me
Old 04-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #5

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
Hello all, just booked site #39 for June 4 to June 11 we will arrive late on the 4th. Looking forward to seeing everyone. We will give our solar panel a workout ,hope we get some sun. We will bring our canoe and hope to spend a couple days on the water. Just had my throat slit for an operation on my neck but all is going very well. I will probably be stir crazzy in a couple more days with this collar. I will be ready for a trip by June. Just received some get well chocolate so things are looking up already! Now if I can figure out a way to get to Emily in July? Maybe gas will drop to $3.00 a gal by then. Lynn bought a Eton S350DL short wave radio and hope to get some pointers . Let us know if we can bring anything.
ED
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:52 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
My daughter is having a baby in mid to late May so I MIGHT be available to attend this "get together"....BUT, where is Ausable Point, New York....(I can find New York)....specific dates might be nice to know as well.......never mind, I just looked at the calendar....is everyone going to be there for two weeks?????

Russell
william russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:06 AM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
My daughter is having a baby in mid to late May so I MIGHT be available to attend this "get together"....BUT, where is Ausable Point, New York....(I can find New York)....specific dates might be nice to know as well.......never mind, I just looked at the calendar....is everyone going to be there for two weeks?????

Russell
Ausable Point
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:02 AM   #8

Thanks Russell for the link.
I ill be up for the 2 weends and the week in between. Might as well spend a few day as it is a long trip for me.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #9

oops Number 1 daughter reminded us yesterday that she is getting her graduate degree in Clinical Psychology from Ohio State on June 9 . So we have rescheduled and will be in site #39 June 11 to Friday June 16. Must have been a senior moment, everyone says I was told about it but it did not compute. So everyone get those eggs out and cleaned up. Remember the eggs compare notes at these ralleys and they know who is taken care of and who isn't!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Thanks Russell for the link.
I ill be up for the 2 weends and the week in between. Might as well spend a few day as it is a long trip for me.

R. Brown from Toronto supplied the link....but what the heck, I'll take credit....

I say "thanks for the link", as well

Russell
william russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:21 AM   #11

doh!
Old 04-14-2006, 08:51 PM   #12

Talking

Hi All,

Just a quick update. So far we have folks joining us at sites 38, 39, 40 and 42. These are all located along the north mouth of the Ausable River (there is a south mouth, too). Anything below 38 is not on the river, but nearby. I would suggest new arrivals choose sites 41 & up. A couple of these are off water but directly opposite what we have now. 38 is across from the rest rooms, BTW.

For those of us with solar panels, our sites (so far) are all open with plenty of sun. One other note - they are all sandy, as you're on the Ausable ("of sand") River, so having a good sized rug is nice to help prevent tracking into the trailer. A good "scrub mat" at the door, helps, too!

Now, if someone would just clue me in as to how to use these cute smilies that are jumping all over next to this message, I'd sure appreciate it! Drag & drop doesn't work, they fly right back where they came from! Double clicking or selecting the "Post Icons" buttons don't work, either. I guess it's because I'm "Mac challenged" - right?

Looking forward to seeing everyone in June!
Old 04-15-2006, 07:49 AM   #13

Now, if someone would just clue me in as to how to use these cute smilies that are jumping all over next to this message, I'd sure appreciate it! Drag & drop doesn't work, they fly right back where they came from! Double clicking or selecting the "Post Icons" buttons don't work, either. I guess it's because I'm "Mac challenged" - right?

Hi ya Ann
i have a Mac allso and not just the Kat
you just click on the clickable smiles and they insert themselfs you wont see em untill you post what you will see is (: wink) without the ( ) and the space between. you can allso type them in start with a : and then what you want like cheers . i have found it is faster just to type them in is : floor with out space
Old 04-25-2006, 01:41 PM   #14

Hi Ann and Al looking forward to the June trip. Hope you have scheduled a couple weeks of sun so the solar panels will earn their keep. By the way Al what is your Avitar? Marje says it is a close up of Mac but to tell you the truth I have no clue. I am healing well and we will bring the canoe. Anything you wish us to bring let us know. Looking forward to the get-to-gether.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:04 PM   #15

Quote:

Hi ya Ann
i have a Mac allso and not just the Kat
you just click on the clickable smiles and they insert themselfs you wont see em untill you post what you will see is (: wink) without the ( ) and the space between. you can allso type them in start with a : and then what you want like cheers . i have found it is faster just to type them in is : floor with out space
Hi Al

A-HA!!!! Eureka!! I've got it. NOW I can use these little guys! My problem has been the browser I'm using. IE just doesn't cut it with the Mac. Safari is the answer. Now, I wonder if FireFox can handle it! Thanks a bunch
Old 04-30-2006, 06:02 PM   #16

Hey hey hey
now ya got em
Ann any idea about biting bug season at the point ?
Old 05-07-2006, 01:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Hey hey hey
now ya got em
Ann any idea about biting bug season at the point ?

Local lore up this way says that biting (Black Fly) season goes from Mother's Day to Father's Day in the Adirondacks. It's not so bad down on the lake, however, especially along the shore where we will all be. The lake breeze keeps most away. Only if your campsite is backed up to a marshy area, will you have mosquito problems. Can't wait to see everybody!
Old 06-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #18

Trailer: Eurovan (want fiberglass)
Unhappy

We hope to have our 2000 13' scamp by July 4th - too bad that we will miss the New York get together. Can someone tell me where Moose River is? Perhaps if it's not too far we could make that one. We live in Massachusetts....considering how long and hard we looked for a decent 13' fiberglass and finally ended up with one in Minnesota, I don't think there are too many out there.....Jean
JeanJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:29 AM   #19

Quote:
We hope to have our 2000 13' scamp by July 4th - too bad that we will miss the New York get together. Can someone tell me where Moose River is? Perhaps if it's not too far we could make that one. We live in Massachusetts....considering how long and hard we looked for a decent 13' fiberglass and finally ended up with one in Minnesota, I don't think there are too many out there.....Jean
Hi Jean and Jack
Greetings from Ausable point NY nice camp ground here lots of wildlife birds muscrat otter i think poor camera does not like takeing a charge from power inverters i am going to try and use the washroom outlet to charge it back up so i can get some pictures in .
Moose River has its own rally listing but will answer it here . This might be the LAST YEAR MOOSE RIVER MAY BE OPEN TO ROAD SIDE CAMPING . teh tree huggers have all but won the fight and the road is going to be closed so the only way in is to back pack in .
Moose river plains rec area is located to the west of indian lake and to the south of south of limkiln best way in is from RT 28 west out of village of indian lake you pass through a golf course and then the road does a sharp right had turn but you turn left ther is a cemarty to the left next 7 or so miles is paved then turns to a gravel road for the next 6 or so miles this drops you out to the cedar river flow and wakley dam most years we have been lucky and have gotten sites across the dam super nice kayaking and canoeing in the flow area not to mention so mother nature putting on a great show of colors . camping is free there are outhouses scattered about the area and a picnic table . Water from a a pipe comeing off a clean running stream about a mile up the mountain (great tasteing water i might add). There is an old fire tower up on wakley mt nice hike in about 3 miles if i remember. lots of old logging roads to walk or Bike

Al and Mac the Kamping Kat
Old 06-05-2006, 07:47 PM   #20

Talk about wildlife!!!
today was a paddlers dream
oh the things that come fromasking a simple question!
what has 2 humps and swims verys fast is what i asked
out of bed 2 campers flew asking in return do you have pictures ?
Why yes i say
next i knew i was on tv and my picture of Champy
at first i thought it was an allagator
but wait this is allmost canada
then a big snake nope this is allmost Canada
someone remind me when i get back to a high speed internet to post the picture
only thing i have to say is pass anpother brew