Winter Get-To-Gether in or near Palm Springs - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2002, 02:42 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Winter Get-To-Gether in or near Palm Springs

:wave Wes and I are leaving for the warm desert the end of this week. Hopefully be there the 9th of November. Getting quite chilly up here in Mi Wuk Village. Time to get out of Dodge for the Winter!

As soon as we get to Indio, I will start looking around for a nice place for a warm up weekend or several days winter warmup. Unless Mike Sanders has already done such, huh? He did a great job last year!

We love to go to Joshua Tree National Park which is just east of Palm Springs and oh so beautiful. But......no hookups, etc. The beauty if worth it though. Has anyone seen the article in the latest Coast to Coast Magazine that shows a Casita at Joshua Tree? Wonder who it is?

That is one possibility. Also they have group camping that can be reserved. The other is where we stayed last year, very nice camp ground near Desert Hot Springs. Lots of possibilities in the desert!

There are several festivals in Indio, one which is the Tamale Festival, then the Southwest Arts Festival, and of course the Date Festival. The Date Festival offers RV parking and we could probably camp all be together, but that is more less parking lot camping.

Another possibility is Fiesta Campground in Indio, next to the Elks Lodge which also has nice camping facilities. Probably Fiesta would reserve enough spaces together for all of us. They have pool, hot tubs, etc. Lovely RV Park.

Send me some ideas guys! What you think, how many might be interested? Probably won't beat Lake Casitas but the warm weather in the winter is oh so nice!

I will post more info after I hear from interested Casitians out in the Blue Yonder! :E Mike and Lori will have to be a must as it was last year that we got the first taste of Lori's wonderful Cinnamon Rolls. So Mike, what would be a good weekend for you, Lori and the pots?

Nancy and Ollie have to be there too so we have those neat name badges! (By the way Nancy, what was wrong with your printer?)

More later you guys. Hope to see many of you New Years in Mesquite!

Lake Casitas was absolutely great!

Maggi and Wes Rudy:O

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 12:46 AM   #2

:wave For Lori & I, a lower desert warm-up campout February 15th-16th or 22nd-23rd would be the best. Let us know what you decide.

---------------------------

We are also looking at April 25th-27th for the Spring Dutch Oven Lopez Lake Rally. Should be warmer then last year and still under the winter rates. Save the dates & Mark your calendar.

Old 11-05-2002, 06:08 PM   #3

Southern CA Camping

Trilby Trillium would like to be included in your next campout, and so would we. Trilby should be decked out in her new wardrobe by February. How do we go about joining?

Old 11-05-2002, 06:13 PM   #4

:wave Glad to have you.

Stay tuned and we'll make sure we post the details.