WA $13,990 - 15' Escape 2010 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #21

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Every Scamp that I have seen with just the room and toilet does not have ANY of the Shower stuff at all. No fiberglass walls,pan,plumbing,pump or any other shower prep items at all. Scamp confirmed this when I was looking to change mine from just the room to the bathroom.

I have never seen a Casita with just a toilet.

So this Escape seems the same from what the O.P. says?

No inside Shower. There have been those who have done some pretty crazy mods though to make one.
I may have imagined it, perhaps I saw a shower model that someone took the shower head out of or something. Certainly possible I've gotten an incorrect impression of the matter. Have seen very few enclosed bath/toilette eggs in person.

Thanks for the info, if I wasn't a winter time full timer I'd be very interested. But I'm dealing with a makeshift shower now, in my 13' scamp. Works well, but a real enclosed shower is one of the main things I want in an "upgrade". I am curious about checking out the factory, it's only an hour and a quarter away according to the the Google. Perhaps if they are open on Saturdays?

Anyway, not sure how I'd come up with the cash and probably won't be ready to buy for another few months if I can do it financially at all. I think unless I find a real bargain (which this one is for the right person!) an Escape may be out of my price range.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
If I were to go with a 15' or smaller trailer, I would think for space reasons I would be happy to go with an outside shower. For me, the space it would take up inside would be better used for other purposes. We do tend to sponge bath most of the time when not in campgrounds that have showers.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #23

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
If I were to go with a 15' or smaller trailer, I would think for space reasons I would be happy to go with an outside shower. For me, the space it would take up inside would be better used for other purposes. We do tend to sponge bath most of the time when not in campgrounds that have showers.
Yes, I think loosing the entire front end of a 13' to a bath would make it too small to full time in. My shower set up allows for that front space to be used for other things when the shower is broken down, or compacted out of the way. I have the fixture to add an outdoor shower hookup too, but haven't installed that. I imagine installing such a thing in this Escape would be pretty easy. If I ever finalize my shower curtain mounting hardware, I might be ready to take pictures and show the world how I shower in my 13'er.

If used in good weather or at built up CGs, no need for an indoor shower. That is more needed in all season full timing. I do use the CG showers sometimes when I want to do a deep shampoo and conditioning of my big mop of hair. More space and longer hot shower capacity!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #24

Name: Terry
Trailer: '04 casita 17' spirit deluxe, 17' Bigfoot
Utah
Trust me dude, i am new around here but i can tell you for sure you will always want a bigger trailer and more stuff in it, let somebody else pay for it! We just did a trip in our Casita 17' and are thrilled beyond our wildest dreams! It has everything you can imagine including shower, solar panels, T.V. Stereo. It is like new and we paid $8k for it. So don't be in a hurry and don't settle for less than you deserve!

By the way for you bikers and Kayakers. We finally got it right..We put two kayaks on our Jeep Cherokee, and behind the casita we put a sportrack bike rack for our two bikes. The bumper 2" hitch was only $40.00 and it all fits nicely behind the spare. Our 6cyl Grand Cherokee pulled the Casita 17 like it was not even there.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #25

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinco View Post
Trust me dude, i am new around here but i can tell you for sure you will always want a bigger trailer and more stuff in it, let somebody else pay for it! We just did a trip in our Casita 17' and are thrilled beyond our wildest dreams! It has everything you can imagine including shower, solar panels, T.V. Stereo. It is like new and we paid $8k for it. So don't be in a hurry and don't settle for less than you deserve!

By the way for you bikers and Kayakers. We finally got it right..We put two kayaks on our Jeep Cherokee, and behind the casita we put a sportrack bike rack for our two bikes. The bumper 2" hitch was only $40.00 and it all fits nicely behind the spare. Our 6cyl Grand Cherokee pulled the Casita 17 like it was not even there.
Oh, there are certainly cheaper options, and while I think while finding the right buyer for this unit may take some time and effort, Escapes command a premium. Rarity and various advantages.

If your happy with your deal and want to share your experience, you might consider a separate topic. Can be seen as rude to compare deals in a for sale thread.

Good chance I will end up in a 16 or 17' Scamp/Casita. There are just more of them and more in the $10,000 or less range which is closer to what I should responsibly spend if I'm not ready to sell my 13' to raise funds. I want a new TV too, can't have everything! But I dig the Escapes, might really catch the Escape bug if I go see the factory! I could stay in the 13' longer to save up for a fancier rig I suppose. The next one I want to keep me content longer than my current rig has (as much as I love it), so don't mind considering paying more to get it right. I don't hear many complaints from Escape owners. Never seen an Escape as a rotted shell needing a complete rebuild like is so common with Scamps. Granted that has a lot to do with them not being built back when a lot of those old Scamps were being made. But I haven't been super impressed with a lot of the construction of Scamps, Casitas might be a bit better. But never seen an Escape in person up close, so I'm speculating. Probably treading on religious territory, people love their brands.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #26

Registry
To be fair to the seller, could we please keep the discussion on this thread pertaining to the sale of this trailer.

I know well how easy it is to get side-tracked, I have done it myself. Maybe do start another thread in an appropriate forum for other discussions.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #27

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
To be fair to the seller, could we please keep the discussion on this thread pertaining to the sale of this trailer.

I know well how easy it is to get side-tracked, I have done it myself. Maybe do start another thread in an appropriate forum for other discussions.
Thank you Jim for suggesting they take their conversation elsewhere. I check the site often and look for evidence my ad has been looked at. Every post that had something other than a question to me about my trailer got me wondering how I was ever going to know when someone really did have a question about MY trailer, not some other brand they were going to buy.

Hopefully this thread can get back on track.
Thanks everyone!
Cathy
Old 02-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Gale View Post
This is the only Escape 15' for sale in the North American Continent. It's a great deal and will be the perfect trailer for the perfect person/couple. Check it out and ask any question you have. I will respond by PM.
Interested parties please send me a personal message. I don't check this site daily but I do look several times a week. The tags need to be renewed this month and I will do that so the new owner can drive it home w/o worrying about expired tags.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #29

I have lowered the price in hopes that it will sell. I can't change the heading of the ad.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:26 AM   #30

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Fixed the heading with correct lowered price, good luck!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #31

It worked. Sold it today to a nice couple from Renton WA. I know they will take really good care of it. I just hope I see them at one or more of the upcoming rallies.

Can we mark this ad as SOLD?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #32

Registry
Congrats on the sale, Cathy. I will archive the thread.

Tags
escape