WA $13,990 - 15' Escape 2010 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
dylanear's Avatar
 
Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Posts: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The shower includes a entire room surround of plastic/fiberglass that keeps the water inside the bathroom with a drain in the floor going to your grey tank. This would be something the factory would have to do. But there always the outside shower...
The enclosed toilet does not have the same waterproof walls, floor etc? Perhaps it's an entirely different layout. Seems I've seen Scamps/Casitas with the enclosed toilette, no shower and they seemed to just be lacking shower head and drain. Perhaps there's more important, less visible things missing too.

Are there pics of the toilet I'm overlooking, seeing it would help.
__________________

__________________
dylanear is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
dylanear's Avatar
 
Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Posts: 798
http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/s...58/Commode.jpg

OK, I think that's the same trailer. Does not look all that waterproof in there does it.

Think I'll wait for a full shower. Looks like a lovely unit though!
__________________

__________________
dylanear is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
WildBirder's Avatar
 
Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Posts: 530
Registry
Dylan, Cathy has dropped the price on this and it appears to be good deal. Escape is close by. It'd be interesting to see if they could ad the shower and at what cost. Could the reduced price make it worth it?
__________________
Mark
1969 Boler
(#183)
WildBirder is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
FTTRV's Avatar
 
Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Posts: 649
You can buy a outdoor shower enclosure from Cabella's. I don't think the factory could retro fit the bathroom. You might ask other Escape owners on this forum for ideas. This would be a nice trailer. It has a queen bed large fridge lots of storage.
__________________
FTTRV is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Cathy Gale's Avatar
 
Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1985 Bigfoot 19 w gaucho bed
Washington
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBirder View Post
Dylan, Cathy has dropped the price on this and it appears to be good deal. Escape is close by. It'd be interesting to see if they could ad the shower and at what cost. Could the reduced price make it worth it?
I know the "shower unit" can not be added to the inside toilet area because as previously stated, it is one piece and is the first thing put in the trailer before the cabinets and windows. As it is, there is no way to get that large of an item in the door and in the space provided.
I have looked into it since so many people have inquired and the best option is an outside shower.
I am sure there will be someone that wants a great Escape 15' and does not mind the lack of inside shower.
__________________
Cathy Gale is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:21 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Ed Harris's Avatar
 
Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanear View Post
The enclosed toilet does not have the same waterproof walls, floor etc? Perhaps it's an entirely different layout. Seems I've seen Scamps/Casitas with the enclosed toilette, no shower and they seemed to just be lacking shower head and drain. Perhaps there's more important, less visible things missing too.

Are there pics of the toilet I'm overlooking, seeing it would help.
Every Scamp that I have seen with just the room and toilet does not have ANY of the Shower stuff at all. No fiberglass walls,pan,plumbing,pump or any other shower prep items at all. Scamp confirmed this when I was looking to change mine from just the room to the bathroom.

I have never seen a Casita with just a toilet.

So this Escape seems the same from what the O.P. says?

No inside Shower. There have been those who have done some pretty crazy mods though to make one.
__________________
Ed Harris is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
dylanear's Avatar
 
Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Posts: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Every Scamp that I have seen with just the room and toilet does not have ANY of the Shower stuff at all. No fiberglass walls,pan,plumbing,pump or any other shower prep items at all. Scamp confirmed this when I was looking to change mine from just the room to the bathroom.

I have never seen a Casita with just a toilet.

So this Escape seems the same from what the O.P. says?

No inside Shower. There have been those who have done some pretty crazy mods though to make one.
I may have imagined it, perhaps I saw a shower model that someone took the shower head out of or something. Certainly possible I've gotten an incorrect impression of the matter. Have seen very few enclosed bath/toilette eggs in person.

Thanks for the info, if I wasn't a winter time full timer I'd be very interested. But I'm dealing with a makeshift shower now, in my 13' scamp. Works well, but a real enclosed shower is one of the main things I want in an "upgrade". I am curious about checking out the factory, it's only an hour and a quarter away according to the the Google. Perhaps if they are open on Saturdays?

Anyway, not sure how I'd come up with the cash and probably won't be ready to buy for another few months if I can do it financially at all. I think unless I find a real bargain (which this one is for the right person!) an Escape may be out of my price range.
__________________
dylanear is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #22
Moderator
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Posts: 4,723
Registry
If I were to go with a 15' or smaller trailer, I would think for space reasons I would be happy to go with an outside shower. For me, the space it would take up inside would be better used for other purposes. We do tend to sponge bath most of the time when not in campgrounds that have showers.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA (January 26)
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
dylanear's Avatar
 
Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Posts: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
If I were to go with a 15' or smaller trailer, I would think for space reasons I would be happy to go with an outside shower. For me, the space it would take up inside would be better used for other purposes. We do tend to sponge bath most of the time when not in campgrounds that have showers.
Yes, I think loosing the entire front end of a 13' to a bath would make it too small to full time in. My shower set up allows for that front space to be used for other things when the shower is broken down, or compacted out of the way. I have the fixture to add an outdoor shower hookup too, but haven't installed that. I imagine installing such a thing in this Escape would be pretty easy. If I ever finalize my shower curtain mounting hardware, I might be ready to take pictures and show the world how I shower in my 13'er.

If used in good weather or at built up CGs, no need for an indoor shower. That is more needed in all season full timing. I do use the CG showers sometimes when I want to do a deep shampoo and conditioning of my big mop of hair. More space and longer hot shower capacity!
__________________
dylanear is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
Name: Terry
Trailer: '04 casita 17' spirit deluxe, 17' Bigfoot
Utah
Posts: 29
Trust me dude, i am new around here but i can tell you for sure you will always want a bigger trailer and more stuff in it, let somebody else pay for it! We just did a trip in our Casita 17' and are thrilled beyond our wildest dreams! It has everything you can imagine including shower, solar panels, T.V. Stereo. It is like new and we paid $8k for it. So don't be in a hurry and don't settle for less than you deserve!

By the way for you bikers and Kayakers. We finally got it right..We put two kayaks on our Jeep Cherokee, and behind the casita we put a sportrack bike rack for our two bikes. The bumper 2" hitch was only $40.00 and it all fits nicely behind the spare. Our 6cyl Grand Cherokee pulled the Casita 17 like it was not even there.
__________________
zinco is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
dylanear's Avatar
 
Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Posts: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinco View Post
Trust me dude, i am new around here but i can tell you for sure you will always want a bigger trailer and more stuff in it, let somebody else pay for it! We just did a trip in our Casita 17' and are thrilled beyond our wildest dreams! It has everything you can imagine including shower, solar panels, T.V. Stereo. It is like new and we paid $8k for it. So don't be in a hurry and don't settle for less than you deserve!

By the way for you bikers and Kayakers. We finally got it right..We put two kayaks on our Jeep Cherokee, and behind the casita we put a sportrack bike rack for our two bikes. The bumper 2" hitch was only $40.00 and it all fits nicely behind the spare. Our 6cyl Grand Cherokee pulled the Casita 17 like it was not even there.
Oh, there are certainly cheaper options, and while I think while finding the right buyer for this unit may take some time and effort, Escapes command a premium. Rarity and various advantages.

If your happy with your deal and want to share your experience, you might consider a separate topic. Can be seen as rude to compare deals in a for sale thread.

Good chance I will end up in a 16 or 17' Scamp/Casita. There are just more of them and more in the $10,000 or less range which is closer to what I should responsibly spend if I'm not ready to sell my 13' to raise funds. I want a new TV too, can't have everything! But I dig the Escapes, might really catch the Escape bug if I go see the factory! I could stay in the 13' longer to save up for a fancier rig I suppose. The next one I want to keep me content longer than my current rig has (as much as I love it), so don't mind considering paying more to get it right. I don't hear many complaints from Escape owners. Never seen an Escape as a rotted shell needing a complete rebuild like is so common with Scamps. Granted that has a lot to do with them not being built back when a lot of those old Scamps were being made. But I haven't been super impressed with a lot of the construction of Scamps, Casitas might be a bit better. But never seen an Escape in person up close, so I'm speculating. Probably treading on religious territory, people love their brands.
__________________
dylanear is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #26
Moderator
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Posts: 4,723
Registry
To be fair to the seller, could we please keep the discussion on this thread pertaining to the sale of this trailer.

I know well how easy it is to get side-tracked, I have done it myself. Maybe do start another thread in an appropriate forum for other discussions.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA (January 26)
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Cathy Gale's Avatar
 
Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1985 Bigfoot 19 w gaucho bed
Washington
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
To be fair to the seller, could we please keep the discussion on this thread pertaining to the sale of this trailer.

I know well how easy it is to get side-tracked, I have done it myself. Maybe do start another thread in an appropriate forum for other discussions.
Thank you Jim for suggesting they take their conversation elsewhere. I check the site often and look for evidence my ad has been looked at. Every post that had something other than a question to me about my trailer got me wondering how I was ever going to know when someone really did have a question about MY trailer, not some other brand they were going to buy.

Hopefully this thread can get back on track.
Thanks everyone!
Cathy
__________________
Cathy Gale is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Cathy Gale's Avatar
 
Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1985 Bigfoot 19 w gaucho bed
Washington
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Gale View Post
This is the only Escape 15' for sale in the North American Continent. It's a great deal and will be the perfect trailer for the perfect person/couple. Check it out and ask any question you have. I will respond by PM.
Interested parties please send me a personal message. I don't check this site daily but I do look several times a week. The tags need to be renewed this month and I will do that so the new owner can drive it home w/o worrying about expired tags.
__________________

__________________
Cathy Gale is offline  
 

Tags
escape


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BC | 2010 Escape 15' Model 15B For Sale $17,500 donwesten Classified Archives 9 08-17-2014 01:19 PM
WA | SOLD: Escape 15’ 2010 Cathy Gale Classified Archives 6 07-14-2014 06:58 PM
WA | 2010 Escape 15' Cathy Gale Classified Archives 5 06-07-2012 12:59 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.