1964 Trailboat Ebay - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-Trailo...SRCHQ3aUSQ3a101

Quote:
<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">[b]1964 Trailorboat Camping Trailer Teardrop Love Bug etc. </span> <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">[b]Vehicle Description </span>
<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">Up for auction is an original 1964 Trailorboat (Trail OR Boat) camping trailer. Has been owed by my father since about 1987. It was in good condition when he purchased it, but he filled some small defects in the fiberglass then had it painted aircraft quality Imron White in a professional shop in a booth. The paint is still in very good condition and has held up well. The pictures are poor, but I will provide better ones to anyone who asks later this week. As the pictures show, the boat is missing and we never had one. However, a reproduction boat can be made by a company in Washington state. The reproduction boat is made from a mold of an original boat and fits the original camper perfectly. The contact # for that company will be provided to anyone who needs it via e-mail. Also included, but not shown are a set of luggage racks that mount on top of the trailer. They appear to be original and it is possible that someone didn't want the original small boat and carried a canoe or kayak or some other small boat on top of the trailer. The racks are in very good condition and I will provide pictures if requested. Also included is the original front boat tie down hook. There are a few more original items in a box that I can send photos of later as well.</span>

After my dad purchased it, but before it was painted, he installed newer, much nicer windows and a roof vent. The windows are a crank out design with 2 panes and inside screens. The roof vent also opens to provide some much needed ventilation. The windows also have small, cute and functional mini-blinds. He did keep all the original pieces that he cut out and the original windows and drip rails. He is a retired Boeing Engineer and the job was done with great precision and professionalism. He also added a bar to make the entry door stonger, but it looks original. He also installed a square tube rear bumper and even a spare tire underneath which it did not come with originally. The tires were also new and are still quite good with not very many miles on them.

He also added a side awning rail and a small tent awning that only uses 2 stakes and sets up very easily. There is also a small card type table that stores inside the sleeping area. In addition, he built a small mirrored shelf that folds down in the area where your feet would be while sleeping. This makes a handy spot to put a small ceramic heater for cool weather camping. The camper also comes with a porta-potty. There is a light, a 12V fan and a 12V receptacle at the inside front area above your head while sleeping. Overall, this Trailorboat is much more comfortable than an original for practical camping. There is a fabric covered and very comfortable foam matress in the sleeping area that fits perfectly. Also included is a piece of carpet that fits the tent/awing area.

The only reason for the sale is my father purchased a Scamp several years ago and the Trailorboat has not seen much use. He would prefer that someone get some good use out of it. You can speak with him if you would like, I will provide his contact info to any serious bidders or interested party.

Thanks for checking out the auction. You may find some more info about Trailorboats at: http://fiberglassrv.com/ and info about the reproduction boats (but not the current phone #) at: http://www.tincantourists.com/classified/s...hp?product=1113

Another interesting event can be found in this article: http://www.kansas.com/126/story/850698.html

That is the link for a local teardrop trailer story with a link the the 3rd annual Teardrop Trailer convention in Minden, NE (home of Pioneer Village). Minden is only about 5 hours from Wichita, KS where the trailer is located. The convention is this weekend, June 19-21.

I'm sure there will be more questions, feel free to ask away and I will answer as best I can or I will forward your question to my dad. You may have been watching ebay auction # 290322757796 for a 1961 Trailorboat. If you missed out on that one, don't miss this one! It is truly nice and ready for camping.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
ahhhh, it's missing the BOAT.
"As the pictures show, the boat is missing and we never had one. "
Too bad.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Even with the missing boat, I would still wanna have it ( if life we're different) . I just think they are sooooooooo cool!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:49 AM   #4

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry

Click image for larger version

Name:	_BU36VWgBmk___KGrHgoH_D8EjlLl_cYWBKPsLMd2_____3.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	21114