WA 1970 Trails West Campster - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #1

Trailer: Home Built
1970 Trails West Campster

Totally reconfigured 1970 Trails West Campster. Frame off and nice. Lot's of pictures and information available, just pm me. Sold below build cost because we have used it to go to some rallies and loved it. Priced at $9995. Perfect to tow behind your hot rod...Garageable and a huge north/south bed...hard features to duplicate in such a compact package. Title being processed.
Attached Thumbnails
sagatrailers 238 (640x427).jpg   sagatrailers 147 (640x427).jpg  

sagatrailers 172 (640x427).jpg   sagatrailers 255 (640x427).jpg  

Old 03-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
1970 Campster

Dave,
What a beautiful job you did on this now that is is finished. What is next for you guys now?
Deb & Chuck
Old 03-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
Dave,
What a beautiful job you did on this now that is is finished. What is next for you guys now?
Deb & Chuck

Alas, I am in a bad way...I have contracted the worst ever recorded case of CTI. I believe You and Deb, plus about 100 of my other camping buddies have given it to me. I can't sleep, I can't think, about all I can do is eat (alot). CTI has taken over my life. People look at me out of the corner of their eyes and shake their head. I feel the shame of it all. Lori wonders what happened to me. I think she partly blames her self, which she should. I have searched the internet for possible rehab facilities to no avail. CTI has taken over my life. My name is Dave, and I have Camp Trailer-Itis. See you at Maryhill!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #4

Name: Lori
Trailer: 1970 Trails West Campster
Washington
Red face Dave's "Trailer-itis"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
Dave,
Deb & Chuck
To deal with Dave's "conditon" I have only one request. That is that he can tear apart and rebuild as many trailers as he wants but...... there must always be one that is available for camping at the spur of the moment! But I have no idea what trailer that will be or what "acceptable" conditon means to him. So Maryhill could be interesting!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
I vote for the Argosy (if you still have it) - Norma need to see one.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #6

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I really like the compartment under the front. Where did you get the doors and did you do any kind of reinforcement? It appears from the eBay pics to go all the way through?
Old 03-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
I really like the compartment under the front. Where did you get the doors and did you do any kind of reinforcement? It appears from the eBay pics to go all the way through?
Lots of rv suppliers can get you the doors, or I also have seen them on ebay, an excellent source. The compartment goes all the way through near the top of the seating, but is only open about 4 inches for the table to stow...an easy modification that allows carrying the table easily hidden but available, and gives you lots of room for kitchen gear and food underneath...if you're interested in doing this modification, I could show you how...it's not hard.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #8

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I am still thinking about what I want to do, as I might convert back to twin beds. It would work with what I have now, with a permanent three quarter bed, though. I was thinking in terms of being able to stow chairs and Xpen under the bed that way. Right now I am not using any of the storage under the bed, just the last two feet on each side towards the kitchen which are still accessible. I would love to have a place to put the things that normally have to ride in the aisle.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #9

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
I vote for the Argosy (if you still have it) - Norma need to see one.
Yeah...except it's not fiberglass and I bet someone would notice! But I don't think we will run out of fiberglass projects anytime soon!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #10

Washington
access doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
I am still thinking about what I want to do, as I might convert back to twin beds. It would work with what I have now, with a permanent three quarter bed, though. I was thinking in terms of being able to stow chairs and Xpen under the bed that way. Right now I am not using any of the storage under the bed, just the last two feet on each side towards the kitchen which are still accessible. I would love to have a place to put the things that normally have to ride in the aisle.
I really like having access to that space from outside. Even when the bed area is made up into seating its still easier to get into the storage space from the outside. Most the stuff we store there gets used outside anyway such as the kitchen set up, chairs, etc. Can you tell me what you mean by a three quarter bed?

Tags
campster, trails west