1971 16' Acorn (Scamp) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-21-2008, 10:24 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_RVs-Camper...0238218608&
Old 05-21-2008, 10:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita

How come there is not a acorn on the homepage..............? Robin

Can't beat the buy it now price!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
From the ad:
THIS IS A 1971 ACORN, MADE BY SCAMP WHEN THEY FIRST STARTED IN BUSINESS. THEY ONLY MADE A FEW OF THEM WITH THIS NAME, AS THEY WERE HAVING A PROBLEM COPYWRITING THE NAME SCAMP

I suppose for the same reason we don't have Liberty Deluxe, Patriot, etc. listed for Casita...

The confusion is probably the manufacturers name. Casita makes Casita, Evelands makes Scamp and made the Acorn... which just a different badging of the Scamp trailer for legal purposes.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:01 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Wow. It has a Duette Combination Range/Furnace.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:11 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I would've bought it, but it doesn't have a title. The seller is going to give you an Indiana bill of sale instead. To me, that's worthless. The price would be right but the title situation isn't.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:47 PM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
I would've bought it, but it doesn't have a title. The seller is going to give you an Indiana bill of sale instead. To me, that's worthless. The price would be right but the title situation isn't.
Makes me suspicious since Indiana will provide new titles on used vehicles and also provides duplicate titles.

http://www.in.gov/bmv/4321.htm
Old 05-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #7

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
It seemed odd to me too. Given the age of the trailer - it likely wouldn't be a problem getting a new title, so it's odd it didn't have one. When we titled the Boler here in Indiana - it had an existing Title - but they still wanted a VIN inspection - 'cept of course it didn't have one. It didn't seem to bother them much.

Same story with my little toy hauler. It's clearly a Hi-Point trailer, but there's no VIN on the frame anywhere and the title lists it as UNK (Unknown).

I think they'd pay more attention to a 3 yr old car that was actually worth money - as opposed to a 30-yr old travel trailer.

The Acorn DID sell (for about 2300) finally - if he'd have had a title for it, it would have been double probably.

Other than the possibility of "problems" associated with the title issue - there ARE plenty of folks who will buy trailers and not bother titling them if they plan to use it in a permanent park or on the back 40 or something like that. Even if they DO title them they won't keep the registration current. One time we took the kids to camp at a Jellystone campground - I got a kick out of walking around and looking at the license plates on the trailers. My favorite example, I couldn't actually see the plate (it was facing away from the road and I didn't want to get TOO pushy), but there was a 4 inch diameter tree growing up the middle of the tongue's A-frame.

Although I think the seller said he never did title it - I should make a note about the duplicate title issue. Yeah, you can get them - but it takes about 2 months unless you're willing to pay extra (then it's only a couple weeks, I think). Not exactly great when you decide you must suddenly sell something off (which the seller implies in his ad). It took even longer than that to get the original title for the HiPoint trailer. The Indiana BMV is slow, slow, slow...

Mike

Tags
scamp