1971 Boler 13ft'er $3900 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita
http://rmn.craigslist.org/rvs/1288689963.html

Quote:
This is a 1971 Boler in wonderful condition inside and out. These are the predecessor to the modern day Scamp . The Boler was originally made in Canada. These are highly sought after and collectible. To find one in this condition is a rarity. This has been a project trailer that includes many updates. You can continue on the refurbishing or use is just the way it is. Either way, you will have the only one in the neighborhood or camp grounds.

Exterior: Recently professionally painted with automotive quality paint. New Firestone tires, with new baby moon hubcaps. Updated LP tank with newer regulator and hose. New safety chains. Has the original power cord and comes with a spare tire. The tongue jack works as it is suppose to, as do all the windows. Still has the original roof vent that is also fully functional.

Interior: All cushions just recovered with new fabric and vinyl bottoms. Never even been sat on yet. Includes new curtain material. (Shown in one of the photos below draped over the front sofa) I just don't have them made yet. One would also need to replace the curtain rods. I can show you what I had in mind for those. Original sink and stove look almost new. Original ice box as well. One corner of ice box is broken and has a prior repaired made. It does not affect its usability and is not noticeable unless the door is open. I have an additional ice box that goes with it if you desire. My intention was to make one ice box out of the two, but to definitely save the green door. It also has the original vinyl floor that is in very good shape for being 38 years old. The rear dinette makes into a double bed and the front couch makes into a set of bunks.

Things that you may want to consider: The previous owner stated that the two side windows had leaked at one time. They stated that they had re-caulked them and fixed the problem. Since owning it, I have not had it out in the rain, so I cannot say one way or the other if they did in deed fix them. I also have not done anything with the on board water tank. Or do I know how long it has been since there has been any water in the tank. Before using it, you would want to have the tank sanitized and tested.
Also, like all fiberglass egg type trailers of this vintage. It is suffering from the well know door sag issue. There are as many fixes out there as there are trailers. There are web-sites out there to help you in your decision whether to fix it or not. Some are simple "fixes" and some are very involved. I can direct you to these web-sites if you would like. Or you can do what most people do and just use the trailer the way it is. Some of the seam tape should be replaced and is readily available through different sources. There is also a small area of the floor, by the door, that due to water of the years, has gotten soft. This could easily be fixed as well.

None of these problems would prevent you from using this trailer as it. And none of them would be very expensive to fix if you choose to. I am just pointing them out to you so you won't be disappointed when you get here.

This is an extremely light weight trailer. Advertised at just 950 lbs. so it can be towed with almost any vehicle.

It is currently licensed. Can be towed anywhere.

I have tried my best to describe this trailer to you. But keep in mind it is going on 40 years old, so it is not new. It is being sold as is, where is.

Due to the number of scammers and phishing going on here on craigslist. If you are in deed interested in this trailer, I am asking that you include a phone number that I can contact you on in your reply. Thanks for your understanding.

Also, I am not interested in any trades. Cash only. Either by certified funds via mail. Or cash in person. The trailer and title will stay in my possession until I am certain the funds have cleared the bank.

I also cannot save this trailer for anyone, so please don't ask. However, if it will help you, I can provide indoor storage for an agreed upon time until you can make arrangements to come and get it. However, once it is paid for, you own it. So you may want to consider that for insurance purposes.

If you have any question what so ever, or would like additional pictures simply reply (with your phone number) and I will gladly contact you and supply you any and all info. I have on this trailer.

Eyota is 10 miles east of Rochester, MN on state Hwy 14.

Thank you.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry

Name:   3k23oa3p7ZZZZZZZZZ97p96f8b70252441248.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  4.8 KB
[attachment=26496:3k73pf3l...d15513a0.
jpg]

Name:   3me3oa3p4ZZZZZZZZZ97p453cf12926b61412.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  5.0 KB