1972 13 foot Boler FOR SALE - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #1

Name: W.B.
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
1972 13 foot Boler FOR SALE

Propane tank, Water tank, Furnace, 3 way Fridge, 2 burner stove, Microwave, sink and hand pump, porta-potty, Lights (inside and out) all working. Full bed in back (table and bench seats fold into bed) and bunk beds in front (sleeps 2 adults and 2 kids comfortably), No leaks, 2 side windows recently reinstalled (with fresh butyl ). 7 pin electric hookup, 1 and 7/8 inch ball, Fiberglass body in great shape, new tires (wheel bearings recently repacked). Priced at $6900.00. In Kamloops, BC

Craiglist posting is available (click here)
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0374.jpg   DSC_0376.jpg  

DSC_0411.jpg  
Old 05-31-2011, 01:10 AM   #2

British Columbia
Have dropped price to $6200
Old 05-31-2011, 07:34 AM   #3

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
looks just DARLING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waroibns View Post
Have dropped price to $6200

The interior cushion color scheme is Adorable and Sharp, but it continuously AMAZES me that our Canadian friends would pay WELL over the $5,000 HIGH price, that the good old USA seems to have set, for a '72-13'-fiberglass-trailer-in-great-shape. New cushion covers and curtains would be a max of $300 to have professionally sewn up.
I have to ask myself....WHY don't the Canadians come down to Washington and Oregon (or any states just over their border) to buy cheaper comparable trailers?

Good luck with your sale.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:00 AM   #4

Name: randy
Trailer: looking
North Carolina
it not always about the price.

The price of a camper is what you can get for it.It should not matter where it is. I say good for you the (seller) if you can get that for it that's great. Sometimes the cost of picking something up is more than just paying more for the camper to start with. Just like in the USA depending on where you live the price is not always the same. Different regions can cost you more or less. That is a nice looking camper. have a good day everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuehler View Post
The interior cushion color scheme is Adorable and Sharp, but it continuously AMAZES me that our Canadian friends would pay WELL over the $5,000 HIGH price, that the good old USA seems to have set, for a '72-13'-fiberglass-trailer-in-great-shape. New cushion covers and curtains would be a max of $300 to have professionally sewn up.
I have to ask myself....WHY don't the Canadians come down to Washington and Oregon (or any states just over their border) to buy cheaper comparable trailers?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:06 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:

hehe as you know I did!!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #6

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
YOU are TOO cute!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
hehe as you know I did!!

Carol,
What a cute little 'posting' from you!
WAY to go!
Some BC gals are WAY smarter (and cuter) than others...just like in the good 'ole US of A....

Buddy BB (love that alliteration!)
Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #7

Registry
hehe My car has dual citizenship as well!
Hope your trip home was uneventful.
Hope to see you July.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:03 PM   #8

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler American
Registry
Quote:

$5k for a kept-up, updated, or reno'd trailer is HIGH? Since I'd have close to that in cost just to reno, not counting hours and hours of work, I'd pay it in a sec if I could do it over and have it already done!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #9

Name: Sam
Trailer: 1977 Boler
Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeP View Post
$5k for a kept-up, updated, or reno'd trailer is HIGH? Since I'd have close to that in cost just to reno, not counting hours and hours of work, I'd pay it in a sec if I could do it over and have it already done!
Ditto!

I have to confess: I am baffled when current fiberglass owners criticize asking prices. Aren't increasing prices GOOD news for us?
It's nice to see that restoration/maintenance work is valued enough to re-coup some of the seller's investment, and I can vouch for putting in more than the above price on our "budget" rebuild (jeez, nearly that much in orbital sander discs alone - ha!). The value of a ready-to-roll updated trailer is certainly high in my stressed-out mind right now.

Of course, if one doesn't have their dream camper yet and the prices are frustrating... sorry, criticize away!

-- Jess
Old 06-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #10

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler American
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam and Jess View Post
Ditto!

I have to confess: I am baffled when current fiberglass owners criticize asking prices. Aren't increasing prices GOOD news for us?
It's nice to see that restoration/maintenance work is valued enough to re-coup some of the seller's investment, and I can vouch for putting in more than the above price on our "budget" rebuild (jeez, nearly that much in orbital sander discs alone - ha!). The value of a ready-to-roll updated trailer is certainly high in my stressed-out mind right now.

Of course, if one doesn't have their dream camper yet and the prices are frustrating... sorry, criticize away!

-- Jess
A budget, Jess?! Hmm, whats that? Oh yeah, I blew thru that thing quite some time ago

But I agree, re-sale prices holding or rising IS good! Even tho we'll never break even when calculating our time, the cost isn't all for nothing.

If I remember reading your early posts - are you guys hitting the road out west sometime early summer? If so, good luck finishing everything up!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:21 AM   #11

Name: Sam
Trailer: 1977 Boler
Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeP View Post
If I remember reading your early posts - are you guys hitting the road out west sometime early summer? If so, good luck finishing everything up!
Thanks -- We need to update our little build thread, but yep, it's crunch time for getting our trailer road-worthy. Our procrastinating makes us a good example of why one might want to buy an already-remodeled trailer!
Old 06-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #12

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
How about simple economics folks?
Supply and demand, then add in the real estate factor ...
Location, location, location.

Then consider the condition of the trailer. I know that I've dropped well over $4G in parts alone on restoring my boler American. Not including the hundreds of hours researching and working on it. The current train of thought says that my boler is worth $4G much the same as someone that has done nothing in many places.

I have to howl when people come up and offer me $1500. I reply, that buys the new axle, suspension and tires ... what else would you like? The battery fuse was $30 if you want to nickle and dime. Each of the LED's was $25, how many of those would you like? How about the $100 LED nautical map light? 11 Lb. propane tanks ... $95 ea. ad naseum.

If you catch my drift. There are many other factors involved. As far as I am concerned my trailer is better than original in many ways. It is still not perfect but, I'm trying.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #13

Registry
Roy you are correct - location is everything. People here complain about how much we pay for parts and services compared to across the line but they forget that the people suppling the parts and services have higher overheads than in any other place in North America due to the fact we have the highest real estate values in NA and the 3rd highest in the World amongst english speaking countries. That translates to high rents so that is always built into what we pay for services.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:47 PM   #14

British Columbia
Sam and Jess... I enjoyed viewing your linked project pics... Looks like you had lots of fun with your restoration work. All very exciting. I have enjoyed tackling new work never tried before and it is fun to see a beautiful thing out the other side.

Cheers.

W
Old 06-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #15

British Columbia
Well folks this darling one has sold. I have enjoyed the dialogue that has emerged here. It is a fun hobby type thing to do that is completely different than the old day job. Its creative, perseverance, getting outside of comfort zone a bit and trying. It is a fun. I know our buyers are going to get lots of enjoyment out of this fun trailer.

Will

Tags
boler