MO 1972 Boler Cherry Condition - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #1

Name: Pat
Trailer: 1972 Boler
Missouri
1972 Boler Cherry Condition

I have a 1972 10' Boler fiberglass camper. It is in great condition. It has a flat screen TV, DVD, IPOD docking station along with new tires, new air conditioner, new refrigerator, new microwave and new carpet. It has been completely rewired. All the windows work. It weighs 900 lbs and pulls very easy. I am asking $4400.00. Contact me if you are interested.
Attached Thumbnails
avg 002.JPG   avg 003.JPG  

avg 004.JPG  
Old 01-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1999 Casita Spirit Deluxe
South Carolina
Registry
Still for sale? I've sent a few PM's but haven't heard back....Please advise!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #3

Name: marc
Trailer: in the market
Missouri
The post for this is on the springfield mo craigslist.
They say to call they don't check email often.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: Boler American
Missouri
The trailer is sold. I bought it Saturday past.

Pretty much as advertised. One question though, why is it the only 10' I have seen anywhere? It is still in her garage so I cannot measure it but when I get it home tomorrow I will take a tape to her. Every other trailer I have had measured the "box" and did not include the tongue so am I correct in my assumption that the 10' would be the body itself.

John

Borders of Clan Cummins.

"Specialization is for insects." L. Long
Old 02-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #5

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borders View Post
The trailer is sold. I bought it Saturday past.

Pretty much as advertised. One question though, why is it the only 10' I have seen anywhere? It is still in her garage so I cannot measure it but when I get it home tomorrow I will take a tape to her. Every other trailer I have had measured the "box" and did not include the tongue so am I correct in my assumption that the 10' would be the body itself.

John

Borders of Clan Cummins.

"Specialization is for insects." L. Long

You're correct that 10' is the body measurement. The over all length will be roughly 13'. OAL is the standard way to identify the trailer. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig. It looks great and a good price too.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 02-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
That one shown is the "normal" Boler 13 foot

And with a refrigerator and air conditioning it is VERY unlikely to be the advertised 900 lb. It also has a microwave

Add some more weight for the stove, and the propane tank, likely a battery - you will be very lucky to much be under 2,000# all up, as an 'empty" one usually came in at about 1300#
Old 02-13-2012, 05:19 AM   #7

Name: John
Trailer: Boler American
Missouri
All,

Thank you for the welcome, I look forward to learning a lot from you all.

Glad to get an answer on the length. I appreciate it. My experiences with tent trailers and some utility trailers was to measure the "box". Again, glad to know what I have.

BCDave, I figured the 900 pounds was the empty and dry weight - one that means little in actuality; who rides a motorcycle with no gas? The plate on the tongue says 850#.

I figured that weight was rather optimistic. I plan on loading it for the first journey and pulling it to work and run it across our scales. I will get the total weight for the Boler and the tow vehicle - an Explorer and then a weight for the loaded Boler. I figure that is the weight that will count. I have a lot of years camping from the m/c, a car, and a few with the aforementioned pop ups so I have my kit pretty streamlined but, one of the reasons for the camper was for ease in setting up and comfort. I figure the kit will grow.

If the weather does not get bad I will tow her home today. I have a few plans for a little customizing and my wife will have to get the interior to her liking. That television and most likely the microwave will only be toted along on an extended trip. Not much weight but it does use space. We mostly consider a trailer as a bedroom on wheels and figured if we wanted to watch movies and eat that microwave popcorn I would just stay home.

As I said, I appreciate the welcome and I am expecting to learn a lot.

BTW, for you all up north, that bad weather will be a half an inch to a couple of inches of snow.

John

Borders of Clan Cummins

"Common Sense is so rare it is almost a Superpower" anon

Tags
boler