1972 Compact Jr. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I'm not "up" on Compact Jr. trailers. How long is it? Does it have a toilet and shower? I can't tell from the pictures. How much does it weigh? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm just not familiar with it.
Think of a teardrop style camper. This is a walk-in version. You walk in the backside, to the left is the sink, stove top; to the right refrigerator or ice box, all enclosed with cabinet drawers. Then it's to the living room, dining room and bedroom. Basically a table that has bench seats both sides. Table folds down for bed. The center of the roof pops up to give head clearance. It's not necessary to pop open to walk around.
I missed out on purchasing this one Green Compact Jr

Old 04-11-2006, 10:51 PM   #16

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Sorry, Mike, a "teardrop" camper it's not. Nothing like one. But from the pictures and your description, I guess there's no toilet or shower, huh?

Old 04-11-2006, 11:07 PM   #17

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Chris C.
My 1973 Compact Jr. is very similar to the trailer that is for sale, though not nearly as nice. It weighs about 1400 lbs. ready to camp. The box is 10' X 6' though it's called a 13' trailer. There is no bathroom, but we store a tall porta-potty in one of the cabinets. The bed is 70" X 70". We have no brakes, furnace, or hot water heater. AC has been added with a 5000 BTU window unit in the front. There is a 14 gallon water storage tank on board. Our "ice box" has been replaced with a dorm frig and the propane oven has been replaced with a microwave. Below is a link to some photos of our Compact.
Tom Trostel

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?...0373&p=70829464
Old 04-12-2006, 08:54 AM   #18

Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500
I can vouch for the Compact Juniors. We owned one for a couple of years (now its loving home is with Brenda & Nolan in Saskatoon) and for one or two people it's awesome. The only reason we sold it is that we need a bit more space now for two kiddos. It has a KING size bed, which I think is rare in fiberglass trailers. We pulled ours easily with a Subaru Legacy.

The only negative I could find with the design is that with the rear door you can get dust sucked into the trailer. One other member of this forum who has a CJ mentioned that this happened with theirs also. But I bet if you're handy you could adjust your door to get a better seal and minimize the dust.

- Suzy in Montana
(whose kids blow kisses to Muillirt the Trillium every morning when we head off to preschool)
Old 04-12-2006, 04:04 PM   #19

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Thanks for the Specs, Tom. All very helpful. Beautiful little trailer. If we go to a fiberglas trailer though, we want a bathroom. Guess our sights are still on Casitas.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:32 AM   #20

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Has this trailer found a home yet?

It looks like it deserves to have one.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:59 PM   #21

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Quote:
Has this trailer found a home yet?

It looks like it deserves to have one.
No takers yet (as of 5/22/06) Had several respond from this web site that lived right here in the area. Four calls, two of which came out to see it. They loved it, but no one has called back. Really want to send these kids to Bible Camp this summer with the money.
Any suggestions? Tim
Old 05-23-2006, 08:07 AM   #22

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
No takers yet (as of 5/22/06) Had several respond from this web site that lived right here in the area. Four calls, two of which came out to see it. They loved it, but no one has called back. Really want to send these kids to Bible Camp this summer with the money.
Any suggestions? Tim
Not sold? That really, really surprises me. From the pictures it looks like such a nice trailer

Join and post to:
Bolerama
Casita Forum
Casita Club
YahooScampers
etc.

Someone may know someone who's looking to buy...and the price is right!

There's always eBay, but plan on paying $$ to have a seller post the information if you can't do it yourself.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:04 AM   #23

West Coast USA
Registry
I will post it on eBay for you for free (Well, at least for just the eBay fees)

It needs a good home.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #24

It is SOLD! Thank you all so very much. A very nice woman from Portland saw the ad, came up today and was in love with it. Suited her needs perfectly. C.C. for $3,500.
This will send 14 young people to Bible camp this summer! We live in an apt. complex and most of these children have nothing. So we are thrilled to be able to do this. Money came through just in time as we had sent 10 registrations in all ready! Sheryl may be needing some help with the old to new propane tank conversion, etc. So I'll encourage her to get on board with you all. By the way I'd like to send some $$ to your "club", where do I send it? Thanks again, Tim
Old 05-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #25

West Coast USA
Registry
Yay! I am so glad it sold and will be USED!

Your buyer is welcome here anytime to ask questions etc. We love them all.

Thanks for the contribution offer. If you choose, they can be made in one of two ways:

You can make your gift at:
https://www.ispbin.com/fiberglassrv/gift.php
This is a secure site.

Also, you can send your donations to:

FiberglassRV
PO Box 844
Atascadero, CA 93422

We are happy for you and the kids!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:28 PM   #26

This trailer is a shiny version of my new to us trailer. What I noticed in these pictures is that there is no quilted vinyl interior covering on the walls. I know that Tom's 1973 does. Was this an addition in 1973?