1972 Compact Jr. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2006, 10:48 AM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
This trailer has been in inside storage for 34 years and is absolutely beautiful! The outside fiberglass finish and decals are perfect. The inside appears as though no one has ever used it. No Dust Bunnies anywhere! Using the FiberglassRV Buyer's Check List, these are the only noticable repairs needed:
Side window screens are missing
Propane tank still has old valve
Tongue and rear bumper need paint touchup
Tires appear to be the ORIGINAL, but hold air.
Screens in pop-top have 2-3 minor tears.
No record of last wheel bearing pack.

$3,500

Contact Tim Mosterdyke at 253-984-8598
e-mail: timjanhss@earthlink.net

You snooze, you lose!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1579.jpg   IMG_1582.jpg  

IMG_1590.jpg   IMG_1592.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 04-09-2006, 06:34 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Wouldja look at that?!!??!!

It's a time capsule, for sure! How rare to find one (of ANY defunct brand) in almost showroom condition!

Donna, do you have that 3.5k you owe me?
Old 04-09-2006, 07:17 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Would it be possible to add some of the pictures (particularly the interior) to the Compact Jr. album?
Old 04-09-2006, 09:14 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Arrow

NOW I know why mine was painted charcoal gray! No self-respecting carpet layer would own a PINK trailer.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:13 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
If I had the money it would be mine... I'm in LOVE!
Old 04-10-2006, 06:31 AM   #6

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Quote:
NOW I know why mine was painted charcoal gray! No self-respecting carpet layer would own a PINK trailer.
I certainly wouldn't go for pink - but I really wish we'd come to the end of the "everything has to be polar white" era of RVs. Yeah, yeah - there's a certain 'temp. control practical aspect' to it, but it's really really boring. The auto manufacturers figured out they should offer more than one color back in the 1930s. I think it's about time the RV folks figured that out too.

mkw
Old 04-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #7

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
The trailer looks great! Hopefully, somebody will purchase it that will love it and take good care of it.

Since the interior photo is a little dark, I'm posting a link of the cushion fabric. Pure 1970's.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?...0373&p=70829561

I just returned from the Bluebonnet Rally and the joke was "I bet you're the guy in the white Casita" which was true in the case of 60 of the trailers there. My beige Compact Jr. was the only non-white trailer. (edit: There was 1 silver Airstream Bambi)

Compact made trailers that were beige, white, canary yellow, lime green, and robin's egg blue (thanks Frederick). Mine was lime green but has been painted beige.

Tom Trostel
Old 04-10-2006, 09:34 AM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Compact made trailers that were beige, white, canary yellow and lime green.
Here in San Diego, there has been a Compact Junior, in original condition, that is "Robin's Egg Blue"
Old 04-11-2006, 08:56 AM   #9

Registry
I have seen the Blue ones.

Compact had a thing for Pastel Hell.

Im a girl, and even I wouldn't go for one thats pink!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:50 AM   #10

Trailer: Boler Honey
At the right price, I could learn to love pink! (Some folks will do anything to get an egg!) And I don't think anyone would believe that I earned it selling Mary Kay cosmetics!
Old 04-11-2006, 06:37 PM   #11

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Quote:
I certainly wouldn't go for pink - but I really wish we'd come to the end of the "everything has to be polar white" era of RVs. Yeah, yeah - there's a certain 'temp. control practical aspect' to it, but it's really really boring. The auto manufacturers figured out they should offer more than one color back in the 1930s. I think it's about time the RV folks figured that out too.

mkw
Not sure why you mentioned Pink, it's Beige!
Like Donna says, it's in showroom condition.

Tim and Janet Mosterdyke
Old 04-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #12

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Folks, it is Beige! Not sure where Pink came from.
Would like to get this sold ASAP.
Tim & Janet Mosterdyke
Old 04-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Ah the current owners are on board Don't worry about the Pink comment that came from Gina and was an off shoot of a previous reply mentioning the Compact came in several different colors.

I've been receiving e-mails from Bill and Jacquie G. about this trailer and Bill is mighty impressed with the overall quality of the trailer. We're all hoping an active member of this forum makes the purchase.

I know you're anxious to sell and I know it will happen soon...it's a VERY nice trailer.

Old 04-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #14

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I'm not "up" on Compact Jr. trailers. How long is it? Does it have a toilet and shower? I can't tell from the pictures. How much does it weigh? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm just not familiar with it.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I'm not "up" on Compact Jr. trailers. How long is it? Does it have a toilet and shower? I can't tell from the pictures. How much does it weigh? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm just not familiar with it.
Think of a teardrop style camper. This is a walk-in version. You walk in the backside, to the left is the sink, stove top; to the right refrigerator or ice box, all enclosed with cabinet drawers. Then it's to the living room, dining room and bedroom. Basically a table that has bench seats both sides. Table folds down for bed. The center of the roof pops up to give head clearance. It's not necessary to pop open to walk around.
I missed out on purchasing this one Green Compact Jr
Old 04-11-2006, 09:51 PM   #16

Sorry, Mike, a "teardrop" camper it's not. Nothing like one. But from the pictures and your description, I guess there's no toilet or shower, huh?
Old 04-11-2006, 10:07 PM   #17

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Chris C.
My 1973 Compact Jr. is very similar to the trailer that is for sale, though not nearly as nice. It weighs about 1400 lbs. ready to camp. The box is 10' X 6' though it's called a 13' trailer. There is no bathroom, but we store a tall porta-potty in one of the cabinets. The bed is 70" X 70". We have no brakes, furnace, or hot water heater. AC has been added with a 5000 BTU window unit in the front. There is a 14 gallon water storage tank on board. Our "ice box" has been replaced with a dorm frig and the propane oven has been replaced with a microwave. Below is a link to some photos of our Compact.
Tom Trostel

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?...0373&p=70829464
Old 04-12-2006, 07:54 AM   #18

Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500
I can vouch for the Compact Juniors. We owned one for a couple of years (now its loving home is with Brenda & Nolan in Saskatoon) and for one or two people it's awesome. The only reason we sold it is that we need a bit more space now for two kiddos. It has a KING size bed, which I think is rare in fiberglass trailers. We pulled ours easily with a Subaru Legacy.

The only negative I could find with the design is that with the rear door you can get dust sucked into the trailer. One other member of this forum who has a CJ mentioned that this happened with theirs also. But I bet if you're handy you could adjust your door to get a better seal and minimize the dust.

- Suzy in Montana
(whose kids blow kisses to Muillirt the Trillium every morning when we head off to preschool)
Old 04-12-2006, 03:04 PM   #19

Thanks for the Specs, Tom. All very helpful. Beautiful little trailer. If we go to a fiberglas trailer though, we want a bathroom. Guess our sights are still on Casitas.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:32 AM   #20

Registry
Has this trailer found a home yet?

It looks like it deserves to have one.