1972 Compact Jr, WA plate Available ~ Jan 15th, $600 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-07-2010, 01:39 AM   #1

Name: Miranda
Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr.
Washington
1972 Compact Jr, WA plate Available ~ Jan 15th, $600

Hi everyone! I have a 1972 Compact Jr. that I bought in hopes of moving to Birmingham and restoring, but we have had a very quick change of plans and are moving instead to BROOKLYN, haha. Not much room for this trailer there!

I'm basically just waiting on the title (we got it VERY recently) so that we can turn around and, very unfortunately, sell it. This is the kind with the pop-top, although someone tried to seal it at some point, so that will, of course, be one of the things you would have to address. It is currently completely gutted, and is in horrible, but very HOPEFUL condition! Could be really cute fixed up.

Like I said, I'm still waiting for the new title in the mail, so I'm basically just putting out feelers right now. Can we deliver this? YES! We love traveling and road tripping, so we can probably bring this to you when it's ready to be sold for an additional fee.

I haven't listed it on other sites (like Craig's List and Ebay) and don't really want to--I'm really hoping someone from this site will really want to bring this little guy back to life! I've been lurking and reading the forums on here for a while in hopes to join in one day, but it looks like there are other plans in the cards for me. Oh well! Hopefully my loss can be someone else's gain.

Let me know if you're interested or would like to know more.
moxie5000@gmail.com

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hiya Moxie, I'd be very interested in that trailer. Since you're not moving to Birmingham, would you still be able to bring the trailer with you on your trip to Brooklyn? The reason I ask is that I'm located in Knoxville, Tennessee, and maybe I could meet you somewhere in route to Brooklyn?
Something I'd like to ask is for more pics, esp the interior, although you've said it was totally gutted. By chance do you happen to have the internals for the trailer still, or maybe you bought it that way? Is the canvas part of the pop top still good?
I'll send you an IM, please check it and thanks!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
I'm interested. We are in Bend, OR. If still available, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #4

Washington
It's not so much about it being still available, but rather not available yet! The new title hasn't come in the mail yet. Unfortunately, I'll be on the east coast pretty soon, so delivery will be much more complicated than if I was still here in Seattle, haha! That doesn't make it impossible, though. I'll let you know when I receive the title to this!
Old 12-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie
It's not so much about it being still available, but rather not available yet! The new title hasn't come in the mail yet. Unfortunately, I'll be on the east coast pretty soon, so delivery will be much more complicated than if I was still here in Seattle, haha! That doesn't make it impossible, though. I'll let you know when I receive the title to this!
Yes! Please do. I am very interested. Let me know asap. Happy holidays.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #6

Washington
I've got it!

I have the title to this now, and am currently in Brainerd, MN, and possibly in Atlanta in a week. It looks like I already have a buyer for my tow vehicle (much earlier than anticipated, I hadn't even advertised yet!), so I will most likely not be able to bring this back to the west coast, but along the route to the south or here in the mid-west I am currently entertaining buyers. Cheers!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Could you go through Green Bay, WI? I have a Jr. that is redone, but not the way I would like. Rather than gutting a usable trailer I could just start over with yours. Do you know what color it used to be? Mine shows yellow glass in the wheelwells. My ex has space to store/restore the trailer in Oconto Falls, you could drop it there or maybe he could meet you in Green Bay. Please let me know, Celia
Old 12-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #8

Washington
I'm leaving for Wisconsin in a couple hours, actually. PM me!