1974 18' Amerigo ... MUST GO, $1200 OBO - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Amerigo
I have a 1974 amerigo fiberlgass RV I would like to part with. I bought this to take to dog shows and with the sudden death of my show champion I no longer have need for the RV. I do have someone interested in the trailer, but if it does not work out it will still be for sale.
The trailer is in ok shape. I do not know much about these Rv's but I cleaned it up and painted the interior. This is a full shell with lead springs. It has new tires, new windows, new hardware..etc. It still needs a lot of work as the door frame is not in good shape but the door does shut and lock. The ceiling is sagging in the middle. Their are two covered vents that were cut into the top. The stove and oven do work and will work better with more work. The fridge did not get cold, but the back did get very warm when pluged in. I did not check the gass on the fridge. The frame seems to be in good shape with some minor minor rust spots. The bent bumper is bent on the ends, but has been back and painted, still not in the best of shape. The electric inside works, the lights on the outside need to some work. They did work for a few mins, we installed new LED cricket lights, but now they are not working. I am not an expert and this was my first shot at any wiring. So its probably something minor. It does have new tires with only a few miles on them. There is the old rotten spare tire and wheel. There is a water tank with pump that work pumping water to the sink. The windows need a little work as the metal rods that open them need to have a rivet put in them so that they will open and close and lock. They are in and do not open at this time.

please email me with any other questions. I am not sure on price as I would just like to get out of it what I have in it.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
What is your Ball Park price?

Can you post some photos?

Old 08-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #3

Quote:
What is your Ball Park price?
Can you post some photos?
I have between 1500-2k in the project. I am just looking to break even, but not sure what its worth.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3603.JPG   IMG_3610.JPG  

IMG_3615.JPG  
Old 08-24-2007, 03:29 PM   #4

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Would you mind measuring the beds? Actual inches, not just an estimate...

thanks

Mike
Watters
Old 08-24-2007, 08:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Would you mind measuring the beds? Actual inches, not just an estimate...
thanks
Mike Watters
I will get those first thing in the morning and repost with them.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:30 AM   #6

Quote:
I will get those first thing in the morning and repost with them.

The size of the beds are as follows

Back Table bed is 50x78 and the front couch bed is 401/2x72
Old 08-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #7

Trailer: 1974 Compact II
Does it have a bathroom? Shower, toilet?
Old 08-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Does it have a bathroom? Shower, toilet?

NO there is no bathroom at all. The sink is the only water. It has a water tank with a pump for the sink but nothing for a bathroom.
There is a closet at the front of the trailer that was used for a bathroom. I had a few ideas of adding in a bathroom and if I do not sell this trailer I am going to gut it and start from scratch....

sorry for the long reply, guessing a NO bathroom would have worked. LOL
Old 10-01-2007, 04:46 PM   #9

I posted this a while back and got some replys, but the trailer MUST GO ASAP! I am looking for 1200 or best offer. This trailer does need some work, but can be used as is. I just spent a week in the trailer and there were no problems. I pulled it for a total of 735 miles there and back with no issues. But it does need some work to be in top shape.
The only hitch is that I am still waiting on the title from the state of IL, but there is a clean and clear title. The previous owner signed in the incorrect space thus voiding the title. He has applied for a new one and will be sending it along shortly.
Again this is a MUST GO....so please make an offer.

Please see the pics....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3642.JPG   IMG_3641.JPG  

IMG_3640.JPG   IMG_3638.JPG  

Old 10-04-2007, 09:44 AM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hello, Do you have a contact phone no.# for this trailer for sale? Does it have electric brakes? Will you take PayPal as payment? My email is DaveKell1031@hotmail.com or you can call David Keller at (443)365-9870. Please let me know either way - today Thursday Oct. 4th 2007. Thank You, Dave
Old 10-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #11

Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1993 Surburban
Registry
Sent you both an e-mail and a PM and have not heard from you
Is you trailer still available???

PM or e-mail me

Jim H
jalopy_jim@qwestoffice.net
Old 11-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #12

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Is this unit still for sale? If so let me know the weight. I have a Montana van and was wondering if it would haul it.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:47 PM   #13

Trailer: Boler
Hi, we are in oklahoma and wondering if your trailer is for sale still.We are close to you and are very intrested.Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.PS Sorry about your champion.

Tags
amerigo