A couple of years ago my wife and I bought a 1974 Eco
all fiberglass travel trailer and we had fun restoring it. We've been taking her out every few weeks for weekend trips. Now that we have a larger towing vehicle it's time to sell our baby.
This travel trailer can be towed by just about anything because it is less than 1500lbs. I towed it with a mazda CX7 which has a tow rating of 2000lbs. After we bought it we ripped out everything and rebuilt the insides from scratch.
- Restored Interior
- Air conditioning
- Custom Cabinets (we cut, painted, and mounted them)
- Speakers with subwoofer and amp (used with iphone, ipad, computer, and TV)
- Expandable slide out countertop
- Custom dinette in the front (it was a bunk bed previously)
- Custom Cushions for dinette
- Full time double bed in the rear (removed dinette and replaced with custom cut memory foam mattress)
- All electric (plug in only, no battery)
- City Water (no freshwater tanks or grey water tanks - those areas are used for storage instead)
In the pictures below you can see two different air conditioners. The first AC unit wasn't quite powerful enough to cool the camper while camping on the beach without shade, so I installed an upgraded larger unit. I included the picture to show the expandable slide out countertop. When closed it covers the sink. When open it provides more counter space. You can also see the temporary black plastic cover on the side of the camper. This covers the hole where the furnace
used to be. I chose not to cover it with something more permanent just in case I (or the next buyer) wanted to install something permanent. We took her camping in the winter a few times and a space heater worked just fine.
1974 Eco (boler, scamp, casita) 1974 Eco (boler, scamp, casita) | eBay