CA 1975 Boler Model 1300 Project $500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Casita Patriot 17'
California
1975 Boler Model 1300 Project $500

Mfg Date: 5/16/75
SN GF-2097-T (Glas-Fab)

This is definitely a project. When I bought it I was a little ignorant about small FG trailers and this one looked pretty good, although obviously needing work. After getting it home and tearing into it, I found it needed more work that I feel like getting into here in the hot Mojave Desert in my front driveway.

For example, although it tows well, it will need an axle for the long term long haul.. Luckily these are pretty inexpensive relatively speaking, but need one it does.

I had two windows repaired and bought a used 3rd window. They are presently not mounted (these repairs/replacements alone cost about $300.00). It needs new seals on the front and rear windows (the rear window has been removed). It needs a new roof vent. It needs paint - I started a "$50 dollar paint job" which still seems like a great idea after the first partial coat, but it's just to darn hot to do it here. Even with the busted up roof vent removed it still won't fit through my low garage door and it's far too hot in the driveway to continue.

The refrigerator works on 110VAC. It has no gas at this time so I've never tested that. My prefs would be an ice-box, but someone may be happy re-fitting the fridge. There is an untested heater.

I've removed a lot of the interior for "investigative purposes" and re-wiring would be wise, too. The stove-top is also there, by the way. The previous owner was a smoker, and I spent multi-hours (and tons of sweat) scrubbing the inside and it is ready for new tape and paint. It also needs cushions. I talked to the people at SCAMP and they say theirs will fit this model pretty well and after checking local upholsters and price, and after coming out of shock, I figured this is also a relatively cheap way to go.

It needs new door hinges and seal, but the door does fit well.

I've done some fiberglass repair of a few cracks and most repairs look good, but the one on the corner of the door will need finishing.

I started a chrome "$50 dollar paint job" and I think it has the potential to look pretty neat, my intention was to put the SN across the back like an Airstream and under that put a "Bambino" or "Bambette" Decal (you know... Airstream Bambi style) The belly band has been sanded and is ready for sealing, finish polishing, or paint. There is an awning rail, but no awning.

It is presently not registered here in CA (location, by the way, is Ridgecrest, CA), but I've talked to the local DMV and they said it would be no problem to get it re-registered since it is under 15' overall, the magic number for the California DMV.

Bottom line, as I mentioned, I paid far too much for this and I'm willing to take a large loss just to get it out of the driveway. Every time I look at it I just feel bad about my motivation level in regards to getting this project completed.

For someone handy, this could be a fun project at the right price. Overall I figure some sweat equity and about $1500 worth of parts and someone could have a pretty snappy little Boler. Make me an offer for it all, including materials, and end my suffering

(Note, I will be on vacation the last two weeks of Aug, so I may not get back to you until the first week of Sep, depending on Internet access).

PM me at your convenience if interested.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Do you have a price in mind?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #3

California
Yes, Ideally around $500.00.

I've got that in the various materials and windows and gas hauling it up to Ridgecrest. Essentially the Boler is free (from my perspective).

But make no mistake, although a solid platform, it needs work.

JC
Old 08-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #4

Name: Ray
Trailer: In the market
Texas
Can you email pics to i800381@gmail.com?
Ray
Old 08-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #5

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray in texas View Post
Can you email pics to i800381@gmail.com?
Ray
My timing on this ad is not good, I felt a little more ambitious when I posted it than I realized. I will be going on vacation for a couple of weeks starting this weekend. I'll post pics and send pics as soon as possible but it may be a couple of weeks. Ray, if I have time tomorrow I'll try and get some out to you. Otherwise around Labor Day, give or take a day.

JC
Old 09-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #6

Name: Pattee
California
1975 13FT Boler

Hello
Is this unit still available?

I have a few questions:

Is it the specific problem with the axle?

What is the width of the wheels (would it fit on a car trailer?)

Would you send a few pictures to k9diva@earthlink.net? Interior and Exterior.

What is the closest town to Ridgecrest?

Thanks for your help.

Pattee
Old 09-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #7

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattee in CA View Post
Hello
Is this unit still available?

I have a few questions:

Is it the specific problem with the axle?

What is the width of the wheels (would it fit on a car trailer?)

Would you send a few pictures to k9diva@earthlink.net? Interior and Exterior.

What is the closest town to Ridgecrest?

Thanks for your help.

Pattee
Yes it is still available. The frame is fine, the axle is shimmed up an inch or so on the left side. It trails fine, but won't last forever.

I have no idea what it would fit as far as trailers are concerned, but I suspect it would be much cheaper and easier to replace the torsion axle (about $400 shipped to my location for a new one), and I'm not at my home right now, but on vacation and won't be back until next week. I will have pics posted at that time.

Ridgecrest is on CA 14, about an hour north of Lancaster and an hour south of Bishop and 45 minutes east of Lake Isabella.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #8

California
Hello Again:
We are seriously interested in this "Project" Boler. Looking forward to the photos.

Thanks for your quick response.

Pattee in CA
Old 09-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #9

California
I'm not sure how to post pics here, if you PM your email address to me I will send pics.

JC
Old 09-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #10

California
Pattee, I just tried to send you pics, but earthlink rejected them (based on the email above)

JC
Old 09-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #11

California
Still Interested

John:

We are still interested in the Boler. Had a death in the family so I haven't been online. Will be in contact again shortly.

Pattee In CA
Old 10-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #12

Trailer: Looking for one
Oregon
Still for sale?

Hi,

Is this still for sale?

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #13

Name: Crissy
Trailer: 1986 Scamp 19'