1977 Trillium 4500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
I have a 1977 Trillium 4500 that has been extensively updated. It has a new countertop, brand new 3 burner stove, brand new double sink and faucet, brand new 12v fridge/freezer, oak floors, custom table for the couch. I travel as a couple so use the dinette as a permanent bed and use the sitting area for eating, cards, etc. I LOVE this little Trillium and will be very sad to see it go. I teach school in Las Vegas and own property in Washington State where I spend my summers. Unfortunately I'm pretty stationary once I get up there thus lose the advantages of pulling this little guy. I recently bought an aluminum 19' 5th wheel with bathroom, generator, etc (I know I know I would have preferred the Scamp 19' but they are pretty scarce.) I also have a new 12v 110v control panel (has not been installed yet) and a new cd/dvd/am/fm rv stereo system (installed but not hooked up yet). It also has a brand new bag awning installed last year but never used. I also had 2 outside access doors installed to access the storage under the bed (looks nice and a HUGE help for storage).I was obviously planning on keeping this trailer for many years with all the updates.
Steve
I am located in Las Vegas 702 236-0181
shammel[at]hotmail.com
Old 02-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Got pic's?
Old 02-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #3

Registry
Quote:
Got pic's?

Hope to have some up real soon, waiting for significant other to bring home camera. Outside looks like all the rest except the stripes were removed (was going to have it painted). Inside is much nicer than normal. Looking to get $4,000.00.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #4

Registry
Quote:
Hope to have some up real soon, waiting for significant other to bring home camera. Outside looks like all the rest except the stripes were removed (was going to have it painted). Inside is much nicer than normal. Looking to get $4,000.00.

I'm not sure of the weight but not much more than original 1400-1600lbs. The floor only took about 20 pieces of that inexpensive oak flooring that you see at home depot (10lbs max). The new outside access doors are aluminum (maybe a pound each, by far the best modification for use). The countertop might be 20lbs but the new sink and stove I think weigh less than the old ones they replaced. Actually the only reason I put in a counter was to fit in the new sink and stove.The new fridge similar to the new Trillium Outbacks(12v $1400 is lighter than the one it replaced although it has a larger capacity). Nothing permanent was done to the bed I just leave it made up as a bed all the time. These are designed to be pulled by a 4 cyl car so I don't think it would be much trouble. I pull it with a Chev Colorado and it only drops my mileage 2-3 mpg.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #5

Trailer: Palomino Pinto Pop-up
how about the interior height? thanks tom
Old 02-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #6

Registry
I now have several pictures but have been unable to upload even one of them without going over the size limit. Contact me with your email address and I will gladly send them.
Thanks
Steve
Old 02-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I now have several pictures but have been unable to upload even one of them without going over the size limit. Contact me with your email address and I will gladly send them.
Thanks
Steve
Steve, click this link Resize Picture Help Using "Shrink Pictures" site
Old 02-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Thanks
Steve

I've had people contact me but no one has given me an email address to send the pics. Remember until I get then resized they will not send to this site.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #9

Steve,

If your a Pc, you can resize in Paint. Right click on your pic, scroll down to OPEN IN PAINT
a new box will open with your picture in it, scroll over to IMAGE scroll down to resize/skew in the RESIZE change the values of both horizontal and vertical, change to 50% then your pic will resize, You need to scroll over to FILE and scroll down to SAVE AS, another box will open up asking you to name your new size picture. Name it with the word web, forum, etc in the name that way when you need it again you know which picture has been resized for internet/fourm uploads. But you have to SAVE AS or you will lose your orignial. Good Luck!
Old 02-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Steve,

If your a Pc, you can resize in Paint. Right click on your pic, scroll down to OPEN IN PAINT
a new box will open with your picture in it, scroll over to IMAGE scroll down to resize/skew in the RESIZE change the values of both horizontal and vertical, change to 50% then your pic will resize, You need to scroll over to FILE and scroll down to SAVE AS, another box will open up asking you to name your new size picture. Name it with the word web, forum, etc in the name that way when you need it again you know which picture has been resized for internet/fourm uploads. But you have to SAVE AS or you will lose your orignial. Good Luck!

Finally, lets see if this works
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2010, 12:38 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Finally, lets see if this works

More
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
More
Okay the pics loaded so I'll add a little commentary.
The front window cover was cracked on my last trip. The latch came undone it flew up and the center segment broke out. I went running down the road and chased it down but it will need glue etc. The outside door needs a new gasket and some adjustment, apparently gaskets can still be purchased new from Trillium or Outback. The cabinet doors have all be upgraded, but still need a few finishing touches. I'll try and clean everything up prior to sale. I am in the process of converting the two upper doors that open sideways to one single door that opens straight up for convenience. I love the new table setup. It is designed to swivel or come out if you need an extra bed or nap area (I also still have the bunk bed if you want it) all the cushions had been recovered in a nice tan prior to my obtaining it. As I said previously the outside access doors are fantastic, I would highly recommend they be installed. The awning is "BRAND NEW" and has never been set up even once. The heater is gone and in its place is a set of cedar lined built in drawers, the closet floor is also cedar lined. Any other questions just ask.
Thanks
Steve
Old 02-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #13

Steve, maybe a little tooooo much resizing but better than nothing! You did great! Sometimes you have to play around with them to get just the right size. But like I said even what you got is better than nothing. Good Luck on your Sale, looks like a nice lil trailer.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #14

Trailer: Home Built
Quote:
Steve, maybe a little tooooo much resizing but better than nothing! You did great! Sometimes you have to play around with them to get just the right size. But like I said even what you got is better than nothing. Good Luck on your Sale, looks like a nice lil trailer.

Yes a little bug-eyed trying to use my magnifying glass to see the tiny pictures
Old 03-08-2010, 08:12 AM   #15

Registry
Sorry the 1977 Trillium has been sold. Thank you all for the tremendous interest!!!

Tags
trillium